PDA

View Full Version : Toys in crib?

Mom2BabiesA&I
10-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Does anyone have stuffed toys in their babies crib? I am a SIDS freak, really terrified. DD is 5 months old and she has one stuffed toy its a knit kitty cat and she really likes her, we just got her today from a local diaper store and its SO cute. I would like to be able to put it in the crib with her but I am nervous about it.

When did you start letting your children have stuffed toys in the crib? The whole cat is about half her body length and about as thick around as her leg.

She loves her new friend though! Thats always nice!

mamaof10
10-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Konner has had his froggy in his crib since birth..it was propped in a corner away from him until he could roll/scoot then it was whereever he left it.

on another subject- I have 2 white BG OS w/ fleece inners they are embroidered though...one has sushi and the other has a koi on the bum. LMK if interested and I can get a pic later

Emmaleigh3699
10-18-2008, 03:21 PM
how cute, sushi booty :)

anyway, baby girl sleeps with me, but we've got blankets and pillows and her 5 year old brother there sometimes too. I believe that if your baby can push up and roll then you don't have the SIDS risk as much since she can get away from the lovey if its in her face.

my mom told me a statistic she heard on the radio - using a fan in the room your baby sleeps in reduces the risk of SIDS by 70% because it prevents rebreathing (breathing in the exhaled stuff again). Just thought I'd throw that out there cause it amazed me :)

gypsy54
10-18-2008, 06:29 PM
I heard blankie dolls are bad because suffocation, if u r scared dont do it so u dont loose sleep.

redneckmama
10-18-2008, 07:19 PM
I didn't put anything in dd's crib unil she was almost 1. Even then I was pretty scared for the first few nights.

jpicasso
10-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I didn't put anything in my girls cribs until they started asking for it, and that was around 15 months old for both of them. My DS doesn't sleep with anything in his crib. I probably wouldn't do it, she can play with it as much as she wants during the day :goodvibes:

jazter
10-18-2008, 08:47 PM
My kid has had his bear or his worm since he started sleeping in his crib, age 6 mo. He really didn't interact with them in any meaningful manner until much later.

lilerthquakes
10-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I never put toys in the crib when dd is going to sleep... I worry about SIDS a lot too. Better safe than sorry.

Kimmyann
10-18-2008, 09:15 PM
My kid practically sleeps with a toy store. He has at least 6 stuff animals, 3 blankets, a pillow (a recent addition), 5 toy cars/trucks, heart sounding bear, crib mirror, a mobile (still up as he never bothers touching it), an oceanwonders musical toy, and a few small toys like baby keys, rattles, ect. He has slept like this for over a year. WI do have the angelcare monitor at night though. We have never had a problem but if it is something your concerned about then by all means don't use anything in the crib. Your child is young enough not to really care or know any different I would imagine.

mommyfrog
10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
My youngest ds has a TY monkey he has slept with since he was born. And then his brother gave him a TY bear he had since he was born, so now he has two. He sleeps with one on each side of his head and his face is up. I don't worry about him sufficating. He hates to sleep without his monkey. He rocks his head back and forth. Very creepy!! He does it sometimes when he does have his monkey, but not nearly as much.

RebekahG77
10-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Our DD has a little lovey - a bunny/blanky. It's about half her length. She started sleeping with it around 5 months or so I think (She's almost 10 months now). It helps her fall asleep. The second I hand it to her, she rubs it on her face, then snuggles it in her arms, and goes right to sleep. :wub: What a little sweetheart.

I don't have blankets in there with her. I had one in there and the other night she got all twisted up in it. She sleeps in our room in a crib, and I heard her getting all frustrated. It was twisted all around her. Out it went and I won't be putting it back for a long while.

JustAugust
10-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Jack's slept with pillows and blankets from day 1, he was a co-sleeper and then just had his own when we moved him. We've never done TOYS because I think bedtime is bedtime, not playtime, but really, an animal could be her lovey, so I'd go ahead and let her have it. Try it for naptime first, that way you can keep an eye on her.