PDA

View Full Version : How did you word it?

Kimanalynn
11-11-2008, 03:05 PM
On your shower invite (if you had a shower) how do you word "don't buy me diapers"? Its not a common thing to be CDing around here, most people already look at me like I'm crazy, and the #1 baby shower gift is going to be diapers. SO, how do you put it on your invite that you will be cloth diapering, so disposable diapers are not necessary?

jessc82
11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Maybe put a little insert with the kind of fluff you like and where to buy it or how much one costs and then they could pay for one dipe instead of a pack of dipes.

import_the_best
11-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I just added a note to my registry saying "We have decided to use cloth diapers, so we won't need disposables! Thanks!!"

It worked except for the diaper cake! LOL! I actually had quite a few people that Thanks for putting the note on there so they didn't waste the money on something i wouldn't need!

cakeums
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
I just didn't put any diapers on the registry. Thankfully my MIL used cloth with her kids so she didn't think it was weird, and she and DH's cousin (who used cloth for a few months) made me a prefold cake. My side thinks the CD'ing is a little nuts, but they weren't rude about it.

bpete_7@hotmail.com
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I would register somewhere for the diapers you'd like and let them know that you'll be cloth diapering so here's where you're registered for them!

blossomgoat
11-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I think the way you worded it in your post is plenty polite. "We will be cloth diapering our baby, so disposable diapers won't be necessary. Thanks!"

You're not telling them, "I hate your gift" you're doing the equivalent of saying, "Please buy gender-neutral clothing" or "We're decorating in a Noah's Ark theme." It's all about giving them good info and direction for any gifting they want to do. There's no reason anyone should be offended as long as you're polite in your request.

HLCreations
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
I asked my friends (who did my shower with #1) to write "The (insert your last name) will be cloth diapering their new little bundle and request that no disposable diapers be purchased for them! Thank you in advance!"

It brought up TONS of questions at the shower....but we didn't receive a single sposie! :thumbsup:

MCmom3
11-12-2008, 03:27 PM
I put in the notes section of my registry that we would be cloth diapering and so diapers and wipes were not needed. I also did a myregistry.com registry with cloth diapers on it so people would see. Then I spread the word whenever I saw any of my friends that I had decided to cloth diaper and was so excited. So far the only sposie I have is from the little gift pack that BRUs gives you when you register.

NessaL_07
11-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I wonder how to tell family too. This will be my 1st cd experience. I didnt learn about how great the dipes are now until awhile ago. I did buy some trainers for dd. I agree with the other mamas. and would prolly tell who is giving you the shower that you are going to use cloth, so she can let the guests no before. And if you still get some you can return. OR if open like in a diapercake. you could just use them. or donate to the hospital. They could always use in the nursery.

chloecat
11-13-2008, 07:38 AM
also, if you do get disposables at the shower you can take them back to pretty much any store without a receipt and they will take them back for cash or store credit!!

grace_n_josie
11-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Word of mouth here...My Step-Mom who was handling the RSVP's let all the people that RSVP'ed know! For the ones that refuse to RSVP, I will simply return any that are bought and use the money towards cloth. This way the person will still be buying me diapers...just not sposies! lol

mlkirkpatrick
11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I just made sure to register for cloth diapering items (there are some at both Target.com and Babiesrus.com, where I registered) so that anyone who looked through my registeries would know.

clechatelier
11-20-2008, 06:50 PM
What about including a link to a cloth diaper registry? And a quick note explaining what it was for...

I just think some people might like to buy you something diaper-ish even if its not sposies!

MyBabyFirst
02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Many moms I know register at two places, the first being a regular baby products store and the second registry is for a cloth diaper store. Letting people know you are registering for cloth diapers is a polite way to tell them you dont want disposables, most people will understand.

A good example of a cloth diaper store with a registry is www.mybabyfirst.com/cloth-diaper-gift-registry/

Best wishes,