PDA

View Full Version : New to PL- now what?

moonpuppyswifey
11-12-2008, 05:49 AM
DD is 15 months, we started putting her on the potty around 10 months I beleive, encourage her and cue her when shes sitting on it, and we continue to do so every night before bathtime (usually when the waters running), she loves doing it most nights and has peed and pooped on it quite a few times (we use the insert that sits on top of the big potty), not every time maybe like every 3rd or 4th time she does something, and KNOWS shes doing something, gets a big ol grin after pushing to do it. Once or twice shes gotten off the potty and peed on herself, she ALWAYS looks down and gets really concerned and upset. I tell her its OK but she is still upset. Every once in a while we notice her start to push a bit or she wakes up dry after a nap or something so we put her on the potty and she goes. So my question is where do we go from here? Continue with this? Try more often? I do work full time nights and shes in daycare 3-4 days a week, but regardless she sits on the potty every night. Thanks!

doodah
11-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Have you talked to her daycare? maybe they can support you and have her sit on the potty a few times each day at daycare.

Sam25!
12-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I would def continue with it, and maybe start going in to use the potty a few more times a day. I agree maybe talk to her daycare provider about it, they are usually good about it. It would be one less diaper the daycare provider would have to change. KWIM.