PDA

View Full Version : CM question..

mbreen616
11-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Is it possible to get pg if you do not have fertile cm?? I have been drinking grapefruit juice, taking vitamins, eating healthy, doing anything I can to procure a bfp, but I am just not having any fertile cm...

Is there anything else I can do?? Is there a chance to still get that bfp this month if I am bd'ing everyday?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Megan :goodvibes:

Harmony96
11-14-2008, 09:36 AM
How are you checking your CM? Mine is always scanty, even when it's the fertile type, and I have to use 2 fingers to sort of "pinch" my cervix and draw out what's up there. Do you get any CM at all, even creamy? Cream is not "as" fertile as EW, but some women don't get any "more" fertile than creamy and they are still able to get PG. :hugs: You could also try some Preseed, too... I've heard of good results w/ that as well. :thumbsup:

mbreen616
11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I usually only use one finger, but will test it later with two and see if there is any... I used to get lots when I had my iud..go figure!

I wish I bought some preseed, but this is my last month so it's too late. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Harmony96
11-14-2008, 09:54 AM
You can also use real eggwhites, too... just let them come to room temperature first. lol

Whenever I had checked w/ one finger, and I'd take the finger out, any CM on it would "stay" in there, but w/ two fingers, you can pinch the CM between your fingers and actually bring it to the outside where you can examine it better.

Mother Lover
11-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Maybe a bit too much info, but I use to check my CM every morning after my BM..(when I use to drink coffee and was more regular:giggle:) I'd do a little extra pushing and it'd get it reachable...but some months I swear It came overnight or something becuase I'd never see it? I only get fertile CM for about 10 hours tops so it's likely.
I wouldn't count 100% on it though...I think you can still get preggers without it.

mbreen616
11-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks so much for the info! I got ewcm!!! :yay:

ShamroxGirl
11-14-2008, 03:26 PM
You can also use real eggwhites, too... just let them come to room temperature first. lol

Wait... back up. REAL eggwhites? I'm one of those scrub-my-hands-after-touching-eggs-or-raw-meat type person.

I know the risk of salmonella is only when the shell gets into something, because it's on the shell, not on the inside but is that ok?

IDK, that makes me feel squeamish.

Harmony96
11-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Wait... back up. REAL eggwhites? I'm one of those scrub-my-hands-after-touching-eggs-or-raw-meat type person.

I know the risk of salmonella is only when the shell gets into something, because it's on the shell, not on the inside but is that ok?

I think salmonella is only if you actually ingest the bacteria and it gets into your digestive tract. I've never heard of anyone catching it from using it in a TTC method. :dunno:

ShamroxGirl
11-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I think salmonella is only if you actually ingest the bacteria and it gets into your digestive tract. I've never heard of anyone catching it from using it in a TTC method. :dunno:

I guess, I was just thinking about the mucous membranes down there.

I think if the shells are cleaned well it's a low chance, and it's a low chance anyway, kwim? I'm just the scrub-your-hands-till-they're-red type. Always over cautious.

StaceyS
11-14-2008, 10:21 PM

We use real eggwhites sometimes and our 6yo dd came to be because of them, too. We TTC for 9 long months with her after a m/c and the very first time we tried the EW , bam! pregnant! :giggle:

They are super slllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiccccccckkkkkk and you only need a very tiny bit. :blush: