PDA

View Full Version : American Apparel shirts...how do they fit? other suggestions?

inquisitive
11-16-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm having one heck of a time finding solid colored long sleeved shirts for my 5 month old...

I keep coming across the AA shirts but I have no idea of how they truly fit and am afraid to order any without "knowing" what size to get.

I am NOT wanting any thermal/waffle knit T's, and I don't want anything with buttons or v necks...lap Ts are ok....prefer just regular pull overs....

AND/or

Anyone have any other suggestions for where to get (what brand to get) long sleeved solid colored cotton shirts?

chataine
11-16-2008, 02:54 AM
its the middle of the nigth and i have a sleeping baby on me so i can't measure a shirt right now, AA runs "true to size" nice and slim cut too, if your 5 month old is average size i would get 6-12 you could get 12-18 too and just cuff the sleeves for awhile, they dont come in crew neck until 2 and up though

other kind of shirt would be Rabbit Skins, plain ol pull on shirts in baby sizes..also seems pretty true to size if not a little small the 12 month i think fits more like a 6 month, and the 2t like a 12-18.

inquisitive
11-16-2008, 03:04 AM
He's just going into 6-12 old navy brand clothing....

chataine
11-16-2008, 04:05 AM
then i would get 6-12 month AA and 12 month rabbit skins

whalvo
11-16-2008, 05:29 AM
I love AA shirts! The quality of the jersey is very nice and the fit is great! I have a slim dd so they were ideal for her. The Old Navy shirts run slim as well so I would just go with whatever size your LO wears in ON stuff.

Amazon has super cheap AA shirts too. I think they're like $5-6?

bazora
11-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I have a few Penny and Maude (which are AA) - they feel lovely to the touch, the kids like them... I've found they are true to size, they fit DS great, DD I have to buy bigger sizes but she's my chunky monkey :giggle:

Not to mention they're made in the USA/Canada and they pay their workers good wages (unlike Old Navy/Gap/ect and their sweatshops)

Adie

Mayghan
11-16-2008, 09:24 AM
We love AA shirts. My 8 month old is tiny and wears 6-12 months. Sweaters I have in 12-18 months for him

Suzanne
11-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I think they run really small, at least the bigger kid sizes do. My five year old wears a size 6, and the AA 6 is like, three sizes too small

myboygus
11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I find them to run small too. DS wore 3-6 months when he was a newborn and 6-12 months now as a four month old. At least with the shirts/tanks. Pants seem to be more true to size. I love AA!

1sillymommy
11-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I love AA too. The quality is fantastic and they wash great! If your little one is on the bigger side, i would order a size up. The best part is that they are made in the USA & sweat shop free!