PDA

View Full Version : Natural Remedies for Crazy Mood Swings

nicoleb
11-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Okay, so I have been having really weird mood swings. I can go from feeling euphoric, to wanting to cry, to seriously POed, to generally grouchy all in one hour or at the drop of a hat. Is there something that I can do to bring this down a notch (or two). :cry: It's hilarious by the way because my coworkers can even see it on my face. I will have normal face, then my eyebrows will knit together, then my whole face will crumple. I haven't cryed yet, but I came really close when I heard the Christmas Shoes song on the radio. (I typically think that song is cheesy.)

I would love any suggestions.

alishasmom
11-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I think alot of us feel like this right now :) I have no suggestions
I cried the other day when I ordered a can of sprite and got a bottle of it.
To top off my emotions my computer died at work and my email hasn't been working and makes me want to cry all day long

nicoleb
11-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I realized it was hormones when I felt like I could cry and then I tried to figure out why and couldn't. I've also become a compulsive shopper. I keep going to target and babiesrus and adding to registries to try to keep from spending money. (This is baby #2 so I know the registries are a futile effort)

I really feel for my husband, he has to live with a crazy person.

hippydippymama
11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Not in your DDC, but I wanted to say that Rescue Remedy really helped me with pregnant and postpartum mood swings. It's a liquid herbal supplement and you put a few drops of it on your tongue. DH likes it too because it helps him get to sleep. He calls it "nature's valium." :giggle:

alishasmom
11-28-2008, 06:38 AM
I used to take it before public speeches and it helped a ton!
My husband got all pissy at me last night because we were going to have some "intimate time" but he didn't want to do it the way I wanted to, so I wouldn't do it at all. He got all pissy and rolled over to the other side of the king sized mattress :)

nicoleb
11-28-2008, 07:18 AM
That is so funny, I had insomnia and was shopping online at Cotton Babies Black Friday. So around 2am my DH came in and caught me before checkout and told me not to buy anything (I did reduce my cart a bit).

I stayed up a bit longer and then tried to go to sleep and around 3:30 I decided to have "intimate time" with DH. Only a man would appreciate being woke up at 3:30 in the morning for that.

I think I may try the remedy, I looked it up online and I think I can stick the spray in my purse for work.

jandabash
11-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Where could I find the Nature's Valium or is it called something else The Mood swings are making me nuts I have crying fits at random times , I will have tons of ambition to Clean and organize make a huge list of things to do ( like for the weekend and I can't wait for the weekend so i can get those things done and then No ambition i am lucky to get out of bed before noon AHH making me nuts When does this "nesting" thing come in cause wow does my house need a good cleaning and organizing AHHH

jakob.makenzy
12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
i am going to have to try something too, b4 my DH has something to say about it, my mood has been so up and down, just want to be done being pregnant

massbb2
12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm a nervous wreck. Totally in the "Oh God, what have we done!" stage of this pregnancy. I've got to say, my DH and kids have been great, though. I heard somewhere that Rasberry Leaf Tea is supposed to do wonders for regulating hormones, but not sure if it will help. Certainly, cannot hurt...

Brenda