PDA

View Full Version : Round toddler belly

debdebdebby13
12-09-2008, 04:49 PM
How long do kiddos usually keep the round toddler belly. My DD is 2.5 and her belly is still very round, almost all the time. The only time its not round is first thing in the morning, if she's pooped the day before, lol.

She's not fat, she had just a tiny bit of grab-able tummy, mostly its just round and firm. Her arms and legs have been slimming down slowly but surely, from her super butterball baby stage, to her toddler body, but that belly just won't go away.

I'm not REALLY concerned, but I've been overweight almost my entire life and I have a definite fear of her being overweight despite feeding her healthy foods. She does get junk from time to time, but for the most part she eats very well.

She's been consistent on her height/weight curve, going down ever so slightly as time has passed, from the 95th for weight at 6 months, to the 75th-90th now. She's a tall girl, about 38" and 32lbs right now at 30 months.

Anyway, all that to ask, when does the toddler belly go away??

ETA pics
she's gone from this (7 months):
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/debdebdebby13/Molly/IMG_0637.jpg

to this, at Halloween:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/debdebdebby13/Molly/026-1.jpg

So she's definitely thinned out, A LOT.

tommymommy
12-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I know you mean well....but as the daughter of a weight obsessed mother can I just say - it is what it is? There will be plenty of time to worry about things like weight later. As long as she gets plenty of exercise and is healthy, maybe just count yourself lucky?

debdebdebby13
12-09-2008, 05:21 PM
I know you mean well....but as the daughter of a weight obsessed mother can I just say - it is what it is? There will be plenty of time to worry about things like weight later. As long as she gets plenty of exercise and is healthy, maybe just count yourself lucky?

Oh I would never bring attention to it. I plan to keep weight worry completely away from her as long as humanly possible. I don't want her to even know that people worry about it. I was criticized and mocked by my own family growing up about my weight and I would NEVER put her in that kind of a position. I just wonder if there is a their tummies should become flat or what.

jennym91005
12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
the reason they have big tummies is b/c there is alot of big organs to fit into such a small area. so they pop out. as she gets taller, her tummy will flatten

4HisGlory
12-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Yup..my cousin had the roundest belly I ever saw until she was like 6..lol.. She's a gymnast now at age 17 and has the flatest, most rock hard 6 pack I've ever seen on a girl LOL nohing to worry about - they need room for their organs, my four year old skinny little thing still has her little baby pop belly

kattayanna_mom
12-09-2008, 06:21 PM
My DD is almost 3.5 is skinny with a nice round belly.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h246/kattayanna_mom/IMG_4595_1.jpg

meghann8
12-09-2008, 07:32 PM
My 6 year old still has a bit of it at times. She's a toothpick though and small for her age, and I know that has something to do with it.

CarrieMF
12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
My middle dd had a huge belly, bigger than the one in the picture posted above.

Hers was caused from dairy. When she had milk you could literally watch her stomach get bigger. Too much dairy also caused constipation which made it bigger. Her stomach was always smaller in the morning.

When we cut out dairy(around the age of 2) her stomach shrunk enough that I had to buy her smaller pants because they all fell off, these were pants that were tight in the waist before.

RockinClothBunz
12-09-2008, 07:43 PM
DD just turned 2 and still has a nice round belly. Yesterday she told us she had a baby in her belly:giggle2: . It's a cute round belly.

my2sweets
12-10-2008, 06:06 AM
I asked about this very thing at dd's 3yr check. I was worried b/c she has low muscle tone(which caused some gross motor delays) and I wanted to make sure it was okay. She told me the 'toddler' belly is usually gone by 4 but could be later. DD will be 4 in Feb with no signs of that poochy belly going anywhere anytime soon :giggle:

3rockstars
12-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Mine is almost 4 and she's still got a round toddler belly but she's skinny everywhere else. My 8 year old has a perfectly flat rock hard stomach. So it's all in the age.

cheygirl
12-10-2008, 11:16 AM
My 2 year old has a little potbelly. I never really thought it was a problem; I kind of assumed it would go away at some point in her childhood.