PDA

View Full Version : what do YOU wish people would do in their transactions?

mrslunar
12-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Spin off the "always wrap your diapers" thread.........

In your experience here, what do you wish other mamas would always do when you buy from them?

For me, I would wish that items wouldn't get SO WRAPPED that I have a hard time opening them. I've gotten my fair share of packages where the mama wraps the HECK out of the package in packing tape, really tightly, to the point where I seriously risk cutting the diaper in trying to get the package opened. I appreciate the effort, but I almost wish they would just put it in a bag INSIDE and make it safe to open OUTSIDE.

Also, I wish mamas would disclose their experience with diapers when they sell them. I've bought two diapers here that TOTALLY didn't work when I got them and when I emailed the mamas they both said "Oh, it didn't work for me either, I thought it was just me!". I understand being a newbie maybe and thinking that maybe a particular diaper isn't working, but I wish mamas would at least share that info so I can be a more informed consumer.

YOU?

Mayghan
12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Not sure if I ever sold to you but I am totally guilty of using alot of tape. I am terrified of the package getting wet and the address getting smudged where you can't read it. Especially right now that everyday changes between rain and snow and you never know where the packages sit before making it into a truck...

manymillers8
12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah, do you want the whole list?? :roflmbo:

Biggest thing : SHIP PROMPTLY!!!!!!! It is sooooo irritating to pay immediately, or agree to a trade with a certain shipping day, then wait wait wait wait wait - and find out that the mama hasn't even THOUGHT about shipping it yet. :banghead: I made a considerable (for me, anyway) purchase from a mama here on fsot lately. I paid on Tues, she said it would ship on Fri. I paid for PRIORITY shipping, so I figured they would be here by the middle of the next week. Well, I waited 10 DAYS, then contacted her to get the dc so I could track it to see if it was lost or something. She finally pm's me back to say that she's been busy/sick kids/etc, and would ship it out the next day. It was still another couple of days before she actually got it in the mail, tho. :yuck:

IMO, if I pay today, it needs to be in the mail within 3 days MAX, unless the thread said "I only ship once a week" or something like that. I understand that things come up - hey, I'm preggo with my 7th kid and we homeschool!!! - but at least COMMUNICATE with your buyers!!!!!

OK, that's all. :roflmbo:

Mayghan
12-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Biggest thing : SHIP PROMPTLY!!!!!!! It is sooooo irritating to pay immediately, or agree to a trade with a certain shipping day, then wait wait wait wait wait - and find out that the mama hasn't even THOUGHT about shipping it yet. :banghead: I made a considerable (for me, anyway) purchase from a mama here on fsot lately. I paid on Tues, she said it would ship on Fri. I paid for PRIORITY shipping, so I figured they would be here by the middle of the next week. Well, I waited 10 DAYS, then contacted her to get the dc so I could track it to see if it was lost or something. She finally pm's me back to say that she's been busy/sick kids/etc, and would ship it out the next day. It was still another couple of days before she actually got it in the mail, tho. :yuck:

IMO, if I pay today, it needs to be in the mail within 3 days MAX, unless the thread said "I only ship once a week" or something like that. I understand that things come up - hey, I'm preggo with my 7th kid and we homeschool!!! - but at least COMMUNICATE with your buyers!!!!!

I totally agree!!! It drives me insane when they won't tell you there is a delay in shipping! I honestly don't mind waiting as long as someone tells me!
I contacted a lady once after 4 weeks of not getting my items, she said she only shipped 2 weeks prior (so 2 weeks after I paid) and the item never showed up...

Computermama
12-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Pet peeve: asking CC users to pay CC fees. Don't get me wrong, I understand it, but it's still a peeve.

What I wish people would do if they're going to charge CC users the extra fees is to LIST IT AS PART OF THE LISTING. If you're going to charge it, don't make me guess what it is, list it. If your $15ppd diaper is going to actually be $16.30 after the PP CC fees, mention that. It's gotten to the point that if I see a mama state that I have to pay the CC fees, I skip their listing. Not feeling up to doing the mental gymnastics to figure out how much their diapers are going to cost me. It's bad enough with the exchange rate.

And for international mamas - list what currency your listing is in. If you're a Canadian mama, and you're expecting USD, list it as USD. If you're listing it in CAD, mention that. Been burned, not here, but elsewhere, buying something from someone in Canada thinking I was being charged in CAD, only to get stung with 30 cents on the dollar because the listing was actually in USD. Had I known it was in USD, I'd not have agreed to the sale. It wasn't as big a deal when we were pretty well par earlier in the year, but it's a big deal now.

togg_mama
12-10-2008, 08:17 PM

:werd: :yeahthat: :clapclap:

And leave FB, especially if you're the seller and you have mine. :thumbsup:

cinderella08
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
KEEP UP COMMUNICATION!!!

I hate it when you discuss a sell or trade with someone - not just the prospect, but really discuss it and actually make plans and then all of a sudden they drop communication.... The you PM them a few days later (again) to ask if they are still interested and they tell you they changed their mind.... It's no big deal if they changed their mind, but it would be super nice if they would let you know so that you can use the PP other places, or offer the trade item to someone else...

3LittleC's
12-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Communication!!!

I recently purchased off of a number of people and there is one where the shipping has been delayed for various reasons - but she's kept me updated so I have no problem with that.
Now a number of other ones I bought from seemed to have dropped communication after I paid and I now have no idea when/if other stuff has been shipped out and that's very irritating. To me as a buyer, it looks as though people cared when they knew money was coming, but now that they have the money they don't want to put the effort into a PM to let you know something is shipped.

*sigh*

kettle
12-12-2008, 01:44 AM
please don't wedge things so tightly into an envelope that I risk destroying what I ordered to get it out!

If you charge me $12 for shipping and it only costs $8 you owe me some money back. I mean, it says the shipping rate ON THE PACKAGE.

And, my biggest peeve because I am an international mama, don't quote me some ridiculously high shipping rate because you think you can make a few extra bucks. I have lived in Korea for going on three years, I have received dozens upon dozens of packages, shipped EVERY possible way and I KNOW it does not cost $40 to ship one diaper or one shirt unless you do overnight (and I have never needed a dipe that badly).

cloverd
12-12-2008, 03:17 AM
On the same lines: If you charge me $12 for shipping and it only costs $8 you owe me some money back. I mean, it says the shipping rate ON THE PACKAGE.

If your package came from Canada it might really have cost $12. They only put the cost of postage on the package, not all of the taxes and fees they add. We even pay fuel surcharges because the price of gas is so high right now!

The last thing I shipped to the US cost me $15 but the shipping on the package said $12. I hope no one thinks I'm trying to cheat them on shipping. :goodvibes:

kettle
12-12-2008, 04:32 AM
If your package came from Canada it might really have cost $12. They only put the cost of postage on the package, not all of the taxes and fees they add. We even pay fuel surcharges because the price of gas is so high right now!

The last thing I shipped to the US cost me $15 but the shipping on the package said $12. I hope no one thinks I'm trying to cheat them on shipping. :goodvibes:

I've never bought anything from Canada... and as an international mama I would understand if that were the issue.

I'm talking about stuff being shipped either from one state to another (I have a U.S. address as well) or to Korea. I ordered something VERY VERY VERY small and had it shipped to Korea. The seller charged me $15 shipping (which I thought seemed excessive, but at the time I didn't really know any better). The mailer (it was a plastic first class envelope) gets here and it says postage was $7.29. And I know there are not taxes or additional charges because I asked my dad who mails me packages/envelopes at least once a month. I don't mind having a $1 added on for postal supplies (tape etc) but she basically made over $7.50 by overcharging me. She eventually refunded me $6.50, after about 3 emails.

EcoTykesMama
12-12-2008, 06:21 AM
My biggest thing is to PLEASE look things over before listing them - as I've seen many undisclosed issues come through my po box - from loose/undone stitching, to big and small stains, to snaps that don't work!

I totally agree!!! It drives me insane when they won't tell you there is a delay in shipping! I honestly don't mind waiting as long as someone tells me!
I contacted a lady once after 4 weeks of not getting my items, she said she only shipped 2 weeks prior (so 2 weeks after I paid) and the item never showed up...

Oh that is sooo frusterating. Hope you contacted the mods and gave negative fb.

Pet peeve: asking CC users to pay CC fees. Don't get me wrong, I understand it, but it's still a peeve.
And for international mamas - list what currency your listing is in. If you're a Canadian mama, and you're expecting USD, list it as USD. If you're listing it in CAD, mention that. Been burned, not here, but elsewhere, buying something from someone in Canada thinking I was being charged in CAD, only to get stung with 30 cents on the dollar because the listing was actually in USD. Had I known it was in USD, I'd not have agreed to the sale. It wasn't as big a deal when we were pretty well par earlier in the year, but it's a big deal now.

Just as an aside, pp fees are different in other countries. The best thing to do is to check www.ppcalc.com. I agree, there are plenty of people willing to take the cc pp hit, so skipping those who ask for it would be easy enough.

KEEP UP COMMUNICATION!!!
.... It's no big deal if they changed their mind, but it would be super nice if they would let you know so that you can use the PP other places, or offer the trade item to someone else...

And its rude.

I'm talking about stuff being shipped either from one state to another (I have a U.S. address as well) or to Korea. I ordered something VERY VERY VERY small and had it shipped to Korea. The seller charged me $15 shipping (which I thought seemed excessive, but at the time I didn't really know any better). The mailer (it was a plastic first class envelope) gets here and it says postage was $7.29. And I know there are not taxes or additional charges because I asked my dad who mails me packages/envelopes at least once a month. I don't mind having a $1 added on for postal supplies (tape etc) but she basically made over $7.50 by overcharging me. She eventually refunded me $6.50, after about 3 emails.

That's so annoying. It's even worse when they do it on an FFS or when shipping an item internationally.

StayAtHomeMama
12-12-2008, 07:43 AM

So for this one. Waited 15 day before refunded on one order (in another thread), and the other 15 day wait should be shipped out today after a 10 day reminder and additional 5 day! WTH???

togg_mama
12-12-2008, 08:41 AM
My biggest thing is to PLEASE look things over before listing them - as I've seen many undisclosed issues come through my po box - from loose/undone stitching, to big and small stains, to snaps that don't work!

:werd:

And DOUBLE-CHECK before you stick it in the package! :rant:

Dorothy'smom
12-12-2008, 08:51 AM
If you say you're going to make something, but then can't do it b/c of other circumstances.... let the mama know rather than keep the money without any communication!!!

3LittleC's
12-12-2008, 08:55 AM

I second this. I shipped a pair of longies to the states that cost me $17 and it said $12 on the package. - By the time you buy the package to ship it in, taxes and fuel surcharge - Canada post is outrageous :banghead:

grace_n_josie
12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
First off, TALK TO ME when I am buying something from you. I hate people that just shoot back a yes or no to a question that needed a little details to be answered! Pisses me off..

Second, before you package the item, look it over again. I have two dogs of my own so I understand about some dog hair, but there is no need for there to be a small poddle in my diaper.

Third, If you don't ship with PP, don't get offended when I ask for DC. It isn't because I don't trust you, it is because I want to know where my stuff is! Just give me to darn DC# without a fight please!

LASTLY, EUC doesn't mean shot elastic...even if the diaper still worked for your kid! If you know it is shot, put that in your listing...

scstoller
12-13-2008, 02:03 AM

Agreed! My first DS transaction was for a diaper that was sold to me as GUC. I paid only a few dollars less than new, but what I received was a trashed diaper that should've been put up as FFS. I was so upset!

EcoTykesMama
12-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Second, before you package the item, look it over again. I have two dogs of my own so I understand about some dog hair, but there is no need for there to be a small poddle in my diaper.

LASTLY, EUC doesn't mean shot elastic...even if the diaper still worked for your kid! If you know it is shot, put that in your listing...

I've had entire cats show up in my mail - such that I don't know if I'll buy from another cat owner.

And :thumbsup: I completely agree about the ($&(T@$^ elastics.

Agreed! My first DS transaction was for a diaper that was sold to me as GUC. I paid only a few dollars less than new, but what I received was a trashed diaper that should've been put up as FFS. I was so upset!

Ohhh. :banghead: Sorry that happened. :hugs: I've ffs'ed items I've bought here on another board (purchases gone bad) because they never should've been sold in that condition!

At least here they don't allow for retaliatory fb.

Kelolsen-and-Padawan
12-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't have many money related ones except one. Here is my list
1) don't ask me to pay fees on a funded payment.I use funded and I'm not paying your fee b/c you chose to have premier. I have funded dude!
2) don't give me a sob story. I do n't care why you are selling things and a really detailed sob story either makes me a) thnk you are overtelling a story so maybe its BS and b) not want to buy
3) don't not post pics. I'm so not going to buy an item w/o pictures. Don't put "I'll post pics later". are you that desperate for paypal? Why not just wait until you have pics first.
4) linking me to albums or other posts to see pics just ticks me off. I tend to just click out of those posts.
5) don't take your pics on dirty floors or surrounded by mess. Seriously - I"ve seen pics of items whereyou can see food stains, hair, junk,etc on the floor. That's just gross. I also get icked out by bare feet in pics of items on the floor,but I have feet issues in general so Iknwo that that's an odd thing to be freaked out by.
6) don't tell me "it'll probaby sun out" Just say 'I haven't sunned them". How do you k now it'll sun out??

so does that make you want to put me on your personal do not b/s/t list?? LOL

Lovefam6
12-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Shipping is my biggest pet peeve! I pay literally seconds after agreeing to buy something and then someone waits a week to even ship it and I only know that b/c I PM them to find out the DC # and they tell me "Oh, I'm going to be shipping it out tomorrow morning".. Makes me absolutely livid.

I use USPS to print my labels from home and they come with DC, so I guess I just don't get why something can't be mailed next day if you have a printer.

Jenney17
12-23-2008, 11:01 AM
If you offer to buy something and get my addy then change your mind TELL ME.
I can not stand that. I just had a Mama offer to buy all of my sleep sacks. I took the babies out in the rain and went to the post office in December so I could weigh these things for her. She agreed to the price and shipping, took my pp addy then *POOF*, she's gone.

Very frustrating.

thaisa47
12-23-2008, 11:14 AM
I hate it when I take the time to write a warm, friendly PM to a mama about her diapers/FS items and then I get a cold response in return. I recently inquired about a diaper's status (was it still available?) and asked for a PP address, and all I got was a cold "no" in reply. When I PM, I always take the time to sign it with my name, etc - to me it is a mere courtesy to know who you are doing business with. I find the response rude, and it makes me steer clear of other items they are posting.

football_cheer_mom
12-23-2008, 12:11 PM
If your listing says make an offer, and I make an offer, please respond. Whether it's no or yes, please let me know either way !

linsey2123
12-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Dont stuff 12 BG OS into one manilla envelope and ship it, loosen the strings a little bit and get a box, for that matter, the PO has FREE boxes. I had this happen, the package took a month to get to me and was tore to shreads when I got it, dipes we fine but it was a mess.

Also, when I send feedback please open the PM so it stops telling me that its unread lol:giggle:

TJR2119
12-23-2008, 03:27 PM
ITA with communication!!!! And please ship promptly. If you expect my money promptly then I expect my item to be shipped in a timely manner. I know things happen but this is where COMMUNICATION comes in!

RebekahG77
12-23-2008, 03:39 PM
My transaction wish list:

*honesty
*prompt shipping
*good communication

That's all :)

togg_mama
12-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't have many money related ones except one. Here is my list
1) don't ask me to pay fees on a funded payment.I use funded and I'm not paying your fee b/c you chose to have premier. I have funded dude!
2) don't give me a sob story. I do n't care why you are selling things and a really detailed sob story either makes me a) thnk you are overtelling a story so maybe its BS and b) not want to buy
3) don't not post pics. I'm so not going to buy an item w/o pictures. Don't put "I'll post pics later". are you that desperate for paypal? Why not just wait until you have pics first.
4) linking me to albums or other posts to see pics just ticks me off. I tend to just click out of those posts.
5) don't take your pics on dirty floors or surrounded by mess. Seriously - I"ve seen pics of items whereyou can see food stains, hair, junk,etc on the floor. That's just gross. I also get icked out by bare feet in pics of items on the floor,but I have feet issues in general so Iknwo that that's an odd thing to be freaked out by.
6) don't tell me "it'll probaby sun out" Just say 'I haven't sunned them". How do you k now it'll sun out??

:clapclap: can you make a post-it for these? :giggle:

Alioop
12-24-2008, 10:16 PM
OH Yeah, stop with the sob stories. I have never seen so many people with medical/money/job/weather/hard luck issues in my life! I am not sure if these stories are supposed to make me buy things I dont want, or what. Hmm. They are usually just a red flag to me.

And, I also second the dirty floor pics. Eww. My house is messy, but, uh, eww.

EcoTykesMama
12-26-2008, 06:38 AM
If you offer to buy something and get my addy then change your mind TELL ME.
I can not stand that. I just had a Mama offer to buy all of my sleep sacks. I took the babies out in the rain and went to the post office in December so I could weigh these things for her. She agreed to the price and shipping, took my pp addy then *POOF*, she's gone.

Very frustrating.

:hugs: That is extremely frusterating!

If your listing says make an offer, and I make an offer, please respond. Whether it's no or yes, please let me know either way !

Seriously - and if you say "make me an offer" don't be upset if someone does. Use it as an opportunity to bargain (back and forth for a couple of pms) to see if they're willing to get closer to your ideal price. If you don't want to bend on your prices then don't write that down!

OH Yeah, stop with the sob stories. I have never seen so many people with medical/money/job/weather/hard luck issues in my life! I am not sure if these stories are supposed to make me buy things I dont want, or what. Hmm. They are usually just a red flag to me.

And, I also second the dirty floor pics. Eww. My house is messy, but, uh, eww.

I've often wondered when did it become okay to let other people see the clutter? I mean, all you have to do is just clear a small corner - plus I think it helps the item sell a bit better. JMO.