PDA

View Full Version : Best fitted for beginning potty training?

xmascarolmarie
12-28-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm trying to get ready to begin potty training a 22 month old boy. He might not be ready so whatever I buy I want it to work for awhile. I'm buying Inspired Trainers but also want to possibly buy some fitteds until he gets the hang of things. What brands do you recommend to someone who hasn't used cloth before? I've heard alot about the ME but wanting to make sure before I buy. How many should I order? What would be the best cover to use if any? Thanks for any suggestions!

Tweedledum
12-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm in the same situation as you. The general rule of thumb I've found is to select a fitted diaper or cloth trainers with snaps, so that mom or dad can easily step in and change the dipe in case of a poopy accident while out and about, yet the LO can still pull the dipe on and off like underpants if it's snapped at a loose setting. You also want one withOUT the stay-dry inner liners, so that the LO can feel when he is wet. So among my candidates for this are the Mother-ease Sandy's, Crickett's diapers, Sposoeasy All-in-Ones (not a fitted, but supposedly they are really easy to wash clean, plus they will keep the LO's clothes dry when accidents occur during outings or night-time, so that's appealing to me. No cover necessary for this one). Keep in mind that I've never used any of these before, just researched them, and all three are very highly rated and spoken of.

Most sources I've read say to have a dozen training pants. A lot of the time it boils down to what the kid finds appealing. Some don't like diapers that look too much like diapers, and some night-train a lot later. So it's really hard to predict what you'll need to buy far ahead in the potty training process. It's amazing how much kids' diapering needs vary over time!