PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't anyone ever put what they are paying for in the PP message section???

hollyday27
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
It seems like my sales are slow for a period of time and then WAM all at once. Why doesn't everyone put who they are and what they are paying for in the PP message box??? Isn't this a well known fact??? I spend sooo much time cross referanceing my PP with my PMs and email trying to figure out who is who esp with my Etsy sales it can get hairy. I always put my DS name and specifially what I'm paying for in the PP, don't you??? :headscratch: :lostit:

kalamos23
01-01-2009, 08:48 PM
My ds name and my email are the same, so I usually just put what I am buying in the message section.

momtomy4
01-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I always do!!

mayamason
01-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I know if something goes to the wrong house, it's usually the seller's fault. HOWEVER, it is so easy to help prevent it by putting your username & item in the subject line AND the message.

In the subject line, type something like ABC diaper for 'mayamason'
Hit CTRL+A to select the whole subject line.
CTRL+C to copy.
TAB to the message box and hit CTRL+V to paste the whole line.

Done. And any potential crisis averted. It may seem like a hassle, but it is a huge help if you're the seller - especially when dealing with multiple purchases.

momof2jmwjaw
01-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I always put my username and when I remember I put what I purchased.

prd2CD
01-01-2009, 09:08 PM
This has happened to me and I was reading my PM's and comparing with PP to figure it out. If everyone would just type what they are paying for or even type out their screen name from DS it would help out. Totally.

cakeums
01-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I never used to think much about it in the past, but I always put my username in the subject line and what I'm buying in the message box now. First, it helps the seller keep track, and second, I figure it's a good thing to do if for some reason there's a problem with the transaction.

Jenney17
01-01-2009, 11:28 PM
I always put the item exactly as it is described in the OP. I actually copy and paste the sellers words. I don't think I have included my user name though. I will do that from now on also.

Catherine87
01-02-2009, 02:27 AM
I usually just put what it is I am buying for both of our references. =)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
01-02-2009, 03:38 AM
I always do and when i sell items i always ask the buyer to please add their ds name and what they're paying for in both the notes and message area, everyone always adds it so it makes it easier, just ask your buyers, soon it will be done automatically by everyone.:thumbsup:It does make things so much easier.:)

tinyblackdot
01-02-2009, 03:38 AM
i know it drives be bonkers!

~Peach~
01-02-2009, 03:55 AM
I make sure to ask that they put in the messages section what they are paying for. I've had maybe a handful of ppl do it but it was like one at a time. Ive always put what Im paying for and just recently started adding my DS user name to the notes too.
It also helps when you are buying because I made the mistake of paying for something without putting in the notes what it was. I couldn't recall what it was and I wasnt sure I received it yet. I was on the cusp of my 45 days so I ended up opening a dispute as it literally was a few hours before the deadline and I couldnt get ahold of the seller to find out wth it was LOL. Luckily she was super understanding and we both had a good laugh about it but I am much more careful about sending payments due to it.

wesevanmom
01-02-2009, 04:19 AM
I always include what the item is in the notes mostly because I sometimes have forgotten what the transaction was for. So when I go to clean up PM's, emails and such I can cross reference to PP to make sure I got it.

But also when I sold some stuff it made it much easier to match stuff up. So afraid of sending the wrong thing to the wrong mama. So now also include it for that reason, to make it easier on my seller or trader.

bjaneen
01-02-2009, 05:36 AM
i almost always do :)

Amber N.
01-02-2009, 06:44 AM
whoops:blush:.....I didn't know that I should do that...so I just tell them my first name (which is my user name) but never the item and immediately pm them...but now I know and will do it every time I pp...thanks

smithmom
01-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I know when I first starting buying I didn't now to do this. Finally one Mama asked me to do it and I've done it everytime since. In the subject line I leave the "you gat a payment" and add for **whatever I'm paying for** and then in the note section I put Pmt for **whatever** from **my screen name** from **whatever site I contacted them from** (so it read like pmt for medium fuzzibunz pocket(blue) from smithmom on diaperswappers).

sf333
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I've always put the item(s) I've purchased, but after reading this thread, I'll be adding my username. :thumbsup:

I Smile Because Of Them
01-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes this drives me insane. Put who you are and what you're buying in BOTH the subject line and body of the message.

I always put my UN and what I bought.

south5
01-02-2009, 11:08 AM
I never knew there was a message box. :blush: I never have scrolled down, there is a pay now button at the top with your total and I always just hit it.
Thanks for the info

Calideedle
01-02-2009, 11:12 AM
I always have! I do what I am buying then - Calideedle/DS in the Subject Line.

LilOutlaws
01-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I usually put something like "Lg green FB, Md red GAD - TaylorMomOf2" or whatever in both the subject and message part.. just to be sure :)

charisma3458
01-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I always put something like charisma3458 - whatever I'm paying for in the subject line and the message box. :) It is a pita when receiving payments from different people and trying to track down which payment was from who.

supergirljennie
01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I always put it in the message section.

snelson924
01-02-2009, 09:33 PM
i put my DS username and what i bought in the subject everytime. i've been burned like that before....

blakesmommy
01-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I normally do but sometimes I get sidetracked or am excited about what I am getting:blush: and forget. Opps. I actually forgot today but realized it as soon as I sent the money. I pmed the momma telling her I forgot. So I try and be helpful:thumbsup: .

ishwishdish
01-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I am also experiencing this and have wasted so much time trying to figure out who paid for what so I don't make a shipping mistake.
And while I'm at it, I'd love an item specific PM title as well! :goodvibes:

It seems like my sales are slow for a period of time and then WAM all at once. Why doesn't everyone put who they are and what they are paying for in the PP message box??? Isn't this a well known fact??? I spend sooo much time cross referanceing my PP with my PMs and email trying to figure out who is who esp with my Etsy sales it can get hairy. I always put my DS name and specifially what I'm paying for in the PP, don't you??? :headscratch: :lostit:

Emmaleigh3699
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I never think to put my DS name, but I do put what I'm paying for and in the same wording they used in the listing :)

JaylasMommy
01-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I've never thought about doing this. I will start though, seems to be the most easy way. :giggle2:

vickieboggs
01-04-2009, 05:16 PM
I always do!!!!

mommyshanti
01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
wow kinda new and didnt know was supposed to do this
thanks for letting us know
i usually write thanks or something:thumbsup:

shastakat
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Sometimes if I'm in a hurry, I do forget. But I usually always try to, so that it's easier on the seller. I KNOW, I've been there, done that. Usually everyone who buys from me types what they've purchased in the message box.

ckck
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I always put my item and user name in the subject line. Should i be putting it in the message area too??

legaleagle
01-05-2009, 07:52 AM
So best would be:

Subject - *username* - *items*
Body - *username* - *items*

I've been doing
Subject - *items* and PM'ing back with my PP email but I'll start adding username too!

lovemyryley
01-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Sometimes paypal messes up and it doesnt show what the person put in even though they've actually put it in, so it's best to put it in the notes and in the subject.

TXmommy2be
01-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm new to this and just didn't know. I'm glad I saw this post!!!

BNC
01-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I always try to remind people when I sell something to put their user name in BOTH the subject line and notes section.

If they do not, I just refund. I dont try to figure out who it is since I have up to 15 payments sent each day between here, my HC and Ebay.

Jenette
01-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I usually just put what it is I am buying for both of our references. =)

me too! Unless the mama asks for something specific.