PDA

View Full Version : How much to ship to Canada, and can I take an e-check?

lisamai
01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
I have a personal paypal account, and somebody is offering me an e-check. I can't find anything on paypal about e-checks. Can I receive it? Is there anything I should know about it (fees, etc)?
And I live in Ohio. Does anyone know how much extra (generally) it costs to ship to Canada? I'm sending a couple fitteds.
Thanks for any help!
Lisa

jakob.makenzy
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
it cost me roughly $9 to send something to Canada that usually cost me about $4 here in the states so now i just have a add $5 to ship to Canada if its going to be a larger box and i think echecks are pretty much the same as funded, but it might put a hold on the funds til the check clears...i think
check the paypal sticky at the top of this forum

Mayghan
01-10-2009, 04:25 PM
For the most part mamas have not charged me any extra to ship here, most of the time its the same price to ship here than within the US unless its a much larger package.

Emmaleigh3699
01-10-2009, 04:57 PM
from what I hear, they go by the size and not the weight on CA - but anyway, I sent 2 fleece soakers in a small box for $2.49 first class to Canada :)

and e-check just means they don't have a credit card on their account so its going straight from their bank account and like a real check, it takes a few days to a week to clear - just don't ship until it clears and you're fine :) you're still protected and you don't get extra fees for it.

BabybeeMommy
01-10-2009, 05:41 PM
It won't be a whole lot more, but you can get a fairly accurate estimate on usps.com.... I've taken e-checks and that's fine, it just takes 3 or so days to clear, that's all. No fees. Just wait until it clears before you ship.

annya25
01-10-2009, 06:00 PM
e-checks are fine, they just take longer to clear! Paypal will let you know when it is okay to ship. I am sure the mama will understand. :)

momof2jmwjaw
01-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I have sent lots of things to Canada and never really pay that much. It is usually about the same to ship within the states.