PDA

View Full Version : Twin Mamas...

mammaof??
01-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey ladies,

I just gave birth to my second set of twins and am finally using cloth diapers for the first time. My babies are smaller 5lbs and 6 1/2 lbs and I have found some diapes that I like, but wanted to know if you have faves that I am missing... I am using AIOs in a few different brands and have prefolds, but they are still too big for my little pickles.

And this may sound like a stupid question, but are y'all pitting covers over everything? If I don't, the diapes just soak thru their clothes :headscratch: ... maybe i am missing something there also.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

starbuckmom
01-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Congrats on your second set of twins.
I invested in Kissaluvs fitteds and Thirsties covers. I do have a couple dozen preemie and infant prefolds I will use once they grow out of the Kissaluvs. I did buy 4 ATD aio from their BOGO free sale on hyena cart. I hope those work for us! Yes, if you are using a fitted diaper, then a cover is needed. Your aio's won't need a cover as the waterproofness is built in. Prefolds also need a cover.

Hope this helps!

BrittBBT
02-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I will be home-birthing my twin boys in April/May!! I've never CD a newborn before but I've asked around :)
I just got 6 Bummi Originals in NB size. They run smaller than other covers ( even some preemie sized covers!) I'll be using preemie prefolds and flannel fitteds that I'm making. I'm new to sewing but I think the ones I'm making should fit tiny babies...we shall see.
I heard that newborn babies really don't pee enough to soak cloth diapers at first. I plan on letting them go cover-less at home to reduce the number of covers I use ( less washing!) I'll just use tees instead of onesies, that way there is nothing against the diaper TO get wet, know what I mean?

autumnlily
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM
First of all, your Avitar - while a little shocking, is absolutely amazing. I'm assuming it's one of your twins born in his/her amniotic sac?!

Okay, for the diaper talk...

preemie proraps and an infant or newborn size prefold (trifolded or snappi/pinned) was our most successful in the itty bitty stage.

Once they hit a solid 7lbs - my favorite covers were x-sm thirsties and newborn proraps

Congrats!

Rollins4
02-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I used prefolds and thirsties covers when they were itty bitty. As they got bigger, I loved my celtic cloths (my fave for the short rise). I had alot of different fitteds and used with my covers. I also used Happy Heinys, her prints are just too cute to pass up:):goodvibes:

ETA I love love love your avatar! Bless you mama!!

BrittBBT
02-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I was also wondering about the avatar. It took me a minute of staring to figure out it was a baby LOL I'm a little slow sometimes!! Too cool, though!:thumbsup:

QUOTE=autumnlily;6229968]First of all, your Avitar - while a little shocking, is absolutely amazing. I'm assuming it's one of your twins born in his/her amniotic sac?!

preemie proraps and an infant or newborn size prefold (trifolded or snappi/pinned) was our most successful in the itty bitty stage.

Once they hit a solid 7lbs - my favorite covers were x-sm thirsties and newborn proraps

Congrats![/QUOTE]

abraswell
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
First of all, your Avitar - while a little shocking, is absolutely amazing. I'm assuming it's one of your twins born in his/her amniotic sac?!

Congrats!

Wow the avatar. What an incredible picture to have. I think I am a little jealous.....:mrgreen:

mammaof??
02-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Wow the avatar. What an incredible picture to have. I think I am a little jealous.....:mrgreen:

ok.. the avatar is of my son- born along with his sister on 1/20/09. both sets of my twins were born at home and 3/4 babies were born in their cauls, with my older daughter's sac breaking only as i pushed her out. my silgleton daughter was also born at home and in her bag. this picture is remarkable b/c my labor was so fast that these babies were "dry" birthed. no tub, nothing. so seeing them both in the bag was very striking. we didn't get a picture of my daughter's bag, which is a bummer, the photographer was caught up in the whole process.

:goodvibes:

mammaof??
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I will be home-birthing my twin boys in April/May!!

:thumbsup:

curious where you are living. i am so happy for you and stoked you have a great caregiver. if you have any questions, not that you would i guess, let me know. i birthed both sets of my twins at home and would do it again in a heartbeat. but my midwife said she will not do twins again (unless it was me, i guess) unless something in her practice changes. and NONE of the other local midwives would knowingly help her out. she and i work really well together, so it was no problem.

mandanikki36
02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
When my boys came home finally at 3 pounds the only thing that worked here was preemie prefolds and prorap preemie covers.

skatiem
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Mine were both 6.5 pounds and we used KL0s for the first few weeks until they fit their BG OS.

It took me a sec to get your avatar too, incredible!

lisastwins2002
02-27-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm expecting my second set of twins in late April/early May. This will be the first time I've CD'ed a newborn so I'm a little nervous about it. So far I have bought 4 dozen infant prefolds and a couple of OS covers. I have materials to make more and I need to buy my Snappis. My first set of twins were over 7 lbs each at 37w2d and my singleton daughter was just over 8 lbs at 36w1d so I'm hoping I don't need anything preemie and can get away without using newborn sizes. I plan on going to pockets after the prefolds get too small.

twopeas
03-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi twin mamas! I would like to join this thread. I posted a similar question today on the Q&A board and a twin mama kindly suggested to come here for a better response. I am expecting twins in early June and really struggling regarding quantities. Planning on a combo of fitteds and PF. How many of each type did you buy/are you planning to buy? Did you buy premie size just in case? I don't want to overbuy, especially since I have no idea how big they will be and what will work best for us, but need to have enough too.

So far I was planning on KL0, GMD fitteds, prowraps, Bummis SB, and we got some Loveybums wool covers (they were on sale so I got 2). Just don't know how much of each to get.

twopeas
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
:popcorn: