PDA

View Full Version : My Short list.... Tell me what you think of these names.

Bridym
05-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi mamas
Well I know you will be nice to me so I thought I would throw my short list out to you. We are having a seriosuly hard time naming this baby so I need some suggestions. If you have any names that you can suggest please do!

Here are the names

Chelsea
Lena
Bridget(my name is a form of Bridget)
Mallory

Lena and Mallory are my favorites so far, but DH doesn't care for Lena much at all but it seems to be a name I just keep going back to over and over again so I can't take it off my list.

Thanx for the suggestions!

MamaLove
05-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I like Lena and Mallory, too. Great minds think alike! :giggle: I've never heard of Lena before, makes me think of Luna, like a moon goddess!

Some babies just look like a certain name, so she may be the final deciding factor! ;)

toryandrew
05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi mamas
Well I know you will be nice to me so I thought I would throw my short list out to you. We are having a seriosuly hard time naming this baby so I need some suggestions. If you have any names that you can suggest please do!

Here are the names

Chelsea
Lena
Bridget(my name is a form of Bridget)
Mallory

Lena and Mallory are my favorites so far, but DH doesn't care for Lena much at all but it seems to be a name I just keep going back to over and over again so I can't take it off my list.

Thanx for the suggestions!

I like Lena and Mallory too. Chelsea I always think of Clinton. I like Bridget okay. I like Lena the best too. What about a compromise with DH and call her Lena bvut use a longer name like: Melena, Angelina, Magdalina, Helena, Paulina, Selena, Alena, Elena, Kalena

Emma
05-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I like Mallory. One of our friends have DD who's about a yr and a half who's name is Mallory. She's a firecracker lemme tell ya!

Proverbs169
05-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Another vote for Mallory!! :)

SheilaJoy
05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Mallory's nms, I like Lena the best on your list, pronounced Layna. How about Meghan, Emily, Emma, Adriana....

Bridym
05-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Thank you for the replies.

I am really starting to love Mallory a lot and this feels great!
The worst feeling in the world to me is not being able to come up with a name I love. I found it so easy to name our ds that I was just expecting the same thing to happen with this baby but it has proven to be the opposite.

I do also Love Lena too, so maybe once DH sees my short list he may just compromise, but it has been on my list since before we knew we were having a girl and he is still not crazy about it.

SheilaJoy
05-17-2006, 09:03 PM
We had a heck of a time naming Hannah, too. The entire pregnancy we went back and forth. I became a raging star wars fan during that pregnancy too, and Hannah was very nearly named Leia!
Then I went back and forth with Hannah for awhile because I didn't want her name to be too common...but then I finally said, "I don't care what people think, I'm going with the name I love!" :thumbsup:

fouradss
05-17-2006, 09:23 PM
I like Lena and Mallory too. Chelsea I always think of Clinton. I like Bridget okay. I like Lena the best too. What about a compromise with DH and call her Lena bvut use a longer name like: Melena, Angelina, Magdalina, Helena, Paulina, Selena, Alena, Elena, Kalena

I was also going to suggest Alena. That is my sisters name. She was named after my great great grandma. It is a very old name that you no longer hear very often.

Radish4ever
05-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Lena

lovemygirls
05-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I love the name Mallory

rowynne
05-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I like Mallory, maybe use Lena as her middle name?

I used to "know" a Bridy....were you ever on sept03angels group thru yahoo??

Kimmomy2dom
05-17-2006, 10:31 PM
I like Lena, too, LOL. I agree if you could maybe use it as a middle name, then? Took me forever to talk DH into our second girls name - we had it all figured out until we had to come up with two we agreed on. So we just didn't agree, I told him how it was going to be, LOL.

Melissa
05-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Are you pronouncing Lena Lee-nah or Layna? My Great gradmothers name is Lena (Lee-nah) and I love that!

Luv2bemommy
05-18-2006, 12:21 AM
I like Mallory!!!

I agree with a previous poster, what about Meghan?? hehe:hugegrin:

prissygirls
05-18-2006, 06:25 AM
We had a heck of a time naming Hannah, too. The entire pregnancy we went back and forth. I became a raging star wars fan during that pregnancy too, and Hannah was very nearly named Leia!
Then I went back and forth with Hannah for awhile because I didn't want her name to be too common...but then I finally said, "I don't care what people think, I'm going with the name I love!" :thumbsup:
We did the same thing with our Hannah. I just love that name but I hate that everyone else loves it too.

My vote is for Mallory!

zonapellucida
05-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Bridget :)

FunnyMonkey
05-18-2006, 09:57 PM
I like them all - I think you are doing good, once you see her you will know which one is right.

BTW: Lena is on my very short list if we ever have another girl! I've always loved Chelsea too. And Mallory & Bridget - LOL, what can I say, you are good at picking names!

Bridym
05-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I like Mallory, maybe use Lena as her middle name?

I used to "know" a Bridy....were you ever on sept03angels group thru yahoo??

Hey ya! That is me :mrgreen:

Bridym
05-18-2006, 10:15 PM
I like Mallory!!!

I agree with a previous poster, what about Meghan?? hehe:hugegrin:

Meghan has been taken by our friend's dd.

Bridym
05-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Well I actualy got DH to sit down and make a list last night. Of all his names I only like one and it does happen to be his favorite.
He likes Carissa, I think I am okay with it but I LOVE Mallory. But I also don't want to be such a snot that I get to pick all the names. I named our ds and DH just happend to love it as much as I did.
I think I am still going to work on the name Mallory and maybe not have anything set in stone until she is born.

Lena is actualy DH's least favorite of my list so unfortunitly that isn't an option. And the middle name has to be either Dorothy or Joyce. Yes, I know not much to go on but Dorothy Joyce was DH's mothers name and she has passed and we would love to honour her if we could.

So either
Carissa Dorothy or
Mallory Joyce

if only I could always get my why *sigh* twins would be nice in this situation lol.

lovemygirls
05-18-2006, 10:26 PM
I really like Mallory Joyce..it just seems to flow better than Carissa Dorothy. kwim? hope your able to "get your way" :giggle:

SheilaJoy
05-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Is Carissa Joyce on the table? I like that one. I'm a little biased though because Joyce is my middle name. :mrgreen:

Bridym
05-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Yes we could use Carrisa Joyce as well. I do think it sounds nicer as well, but I figured Dorothy is the name we should REALLY try to use kwim?

rowynne
05-18-2006, 10:41 PM
LOL!! That is so cool that its you! I saw Dorians name & I thought, wouldnt that be a coincidence!! You outta stop back over soon, lots of exciting stuff happening, we finally got to 100%!!

myajdw
05-19-2006, 11:05 AM
dorothy as a middle name is going to be a toughy, i don't really think it flows well with either of those names. i'm thinking you might have to come up with another first name list now!

wbkt8
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
i like Mallory & Lena best of your original. And probably Lena (Lee-nah) better esp. with your ds's name of Dorian.

to your dh's suggestions - not a huge fan of carissa. and definitely don't think it flows well with dorothy.

Mallory Joyce is pretty. Mallory Dorothy obiously doesn't work - too much rhyming.

Lena Joyce is also pretty. I agree that Dorothy is kinda a hard middle name to work with. Also Dorothy is closer to Dorian than I would normally pick out for sibling names, but I'm not too much into matching sib names...

myajdw
05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
lena joyce is very pretty