PDA

View Full Version : Any other not first time Mama's uterus super high?

AmJoyFul
03-05-2009, 07:20 AM
This is my 6th baby and this morning while laying in bed I could feel my uterus a good 1-2 inches above my belly button. Babycenter.com has it mid way between your pubic bone and belly button at 16 weeks. That's a huge difference. I know it can be higher since I've BTDT before...but still dang!

Anyone else's uterus higher than "normal"?

The*Fab*Four
03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
nope, mine is right under my belly button ~ will be 18weeks tomorrow, pregnancy #7, baby #3.

MommaRhi
03-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Its probably not the uterus. I thought mine was high too, and my OB said it was actually lower than what I thought.

She said my uterus is good and stretched since this is pgcy #5 for me and that everything is being moved up by it.

silverlife
03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm only on #2 right now, but I know that until this last week, I couldn't feel my uterus except first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. It was always really high (about 4 finger widths higher than it should be). But then at my 17 week appointment, it was right where it should be. So I'm thinking that maybe my very full bladder pushes it higher in the morning?

mamaratliff
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Well I'm not technically in your dd group, but I can sooo relate. I woke up this morning having a contraction, so I knew exactly where my uterus was since it was so stinking hard. And oh my gosh... I'm only 13 weeks and it's about 3 fingers width under my belly button. This is super super crazy for me! I remember with my last pregnancy I couldn't even feel my uterus popping above my pubic bone until around 12 weeks. So WTH? I'm right there with ya on being confused.

AmJoyFul
03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Its probably not the uterus. I thought mine was high too, and my OB said it was actually lower than what I thought.

She said my uterus is good and stretched since this is pgcy #5 for me and that everything is being moved up by it.
Definitely my uterus, or else a really big tumor. I can follow it all around like a big ball.
I'm only on #2 right now, but I know that until this last week, I couldn't feel my uterus except first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. It was always really high (about 4 finger widths higher than it should be). But then at my 17 week appointment, it was right where it should be. So I'm thinking that maybe my very full bladder pushes it higher in the morning?

This makes pretty good sense.

MommaRhi
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
my whole belly feels like that?? Like a hard ball. OB told me it wasnt the baby or my uterus?? Maybe you have 2 in there ;)

MyM&W
03-05-2009, 10:18 AM
When I went in at about 15 weeks my midwife said my uterus was about 1 inch below my belly button. I'm not sure if thats normal or not lol

kimir_98
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I am 18 weeks and mine is right at my belly button. I have a really hard spot right above my belly button on the right side, but that is my hernia from my last pregnancy where I caused myself to have an umilical hernia!

blondeviolin
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
My OB told me just this last Tuesday that when you're laying down your uterus can actually "float" up after laying down all night (or most of it, as the case may be). Apparently those ligaments that give you the sharp pains do something (I don't remember...I've been sick) and allow it to move up. She said the better way to tell is to lay down after about an hour of being up, or palpate before bed.

On average, though, my fundus is just above my belly button at almost 19 weeks...

joyful mother
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
At my 16 week appointment I was above the belly button measuring 4-5 weeks ahead but my midwife and me looked back at my chart after I told her this was normal for me and I was right, I always do this! By the way this is my 6th but this has happened every pregnancy. Oh and also it is higher before I get up to pee in the morning, that is if I can actually poke and prod without going pee first!LOL

me_just_me
03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm 19.5 weeks and when I feel for it (just checked right now) I'm right below my belly button. Almost right at it. But I am sitting up, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I do feel like I carrying lower this time around though. I feel big right above my pubic bone. Didn't feel that way until the very end last time!?!

luvingmamma
03-08-2009, 11:38 PM
mine is- this is my 10th pregnancy- will be 5th living birth child....

it was confirmed by u/s because ob couldn't find the heartbeat below my belly button at 16 weeks and it never occurred to her to move up. My baby was laying sideways ABOVE my belly button....

Just had another u/s at 18w exactly and my uterus was well above belly button and totally on the right side. Tech and ob said it most likely was because its stretched out.. nice :)

mommytobe
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
mine measured an inch or 2 above my belly button at 16 weeks....measured 18 weeks. this is my 2nd pregnancy. i wasn't sure if it was normal but my OB isn't concerned.

AmJoyFul
03-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Just had another u/s at 18w exactly and my uterus was well above belly button and totally on the right side. Tech and ob said it most likely was because its stretched out.. nice :)

Isn't that lovely? :giggle: Sometimes mine seems to be mostly on the right side. Thankfully it manages to hold the baby in to term and push it out easy peasy. :thumbsup: