PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reccomendations...

daisyprincess98
12-18-2006, 09:46 PM
We are FINALLY starting HSing Jan 2. :lostit: DD is currently in 3rd grade. She is a FANTASTIC reader, is doing average to above average in most other areas except Math. She is still working on mastering her addition facts. I'd like to keep it under $150 while we find what works for us.

~Sonlight looked too overwhelming (and expensive!) for a 1st timer
~Beyond FIAR looks boring IMO
~I like the diversity of Christian Liberty Press
~MUS looked confusing to me as the teacher, but I didn't have a student workbook to look at, just the teacher manual.

So....any advice?

annes_cottage
12-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Christian Liberty Press mama!! :mrgreen:

daisyprincess98
12-19-2006, 05:56 AM
Not from YOU!!!!! :mrgreen: I know what you like, silly!

Choose2bgr8
12-22-2006, 07:08 AM
We unschool. My girls learn through playing and pretending. It's not for everyone, but we love it. So, EVERY book is part of our curriculum and since the library has so many of those books we homeschool for next to nothing.

www.sandradodd.com/unschooling

blessed with boys
12-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not thrilled with mus....I like Horizons math much better. We tried both out but Horizons is a much better program imo.
Sonlight, just look at the books they are using and get them from your library....I spent like 700. on Sonlight this year and regret it. Their Science and Language are terrible.
Abeka language and phonics is alright...I'm already burnt out with it though, I think I'm going to look into Alpha Omega next year....
Jackie