PDA

View Full Version : I need to VENT not PG related

JellEBeanDesigns
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
So last year I opened (and closed) a business. I ordered biz cards from my Step Dad they were outrageously expensive considering I had a separate designer. Well I havent had the $$ to pay him I just havent the biz bombed, and we have been trying to pay everything back from it. Well I got served papers for small claims court over this debt for 300 more than the actual debt which is going to kill me. bringing my total to nearly a 1000 dollars for biz cards :cry: I have been sporadically in contact with the comp but not consistently because I have been so ashamed that I couldnt pay them. Now I have to either get a sitter (cant afford) or have DH miss work which I can not afford to go to court, I emailed them (dont currently have a phone trying to conserve money) so I wont even know if they get it or anything unless they email me back. What kills me is I sold my table last night and was going to pay them 100 today (what I sold it for) so I can pay them back :cry: I am so mad at myself for even trying to run a biz and being so irresponsible...I am really ashamed

me_just_me
05-22-2009, 10:53 AM
So sorry Sam! I hope you can get everything figured out. So many of us are in tight financial situations, so we can all relate to the "no extra money" thing.

I hope it all can get resolved quickly and you can put it behind you.

Keep us updated.

JellEBeanDesigns
05-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I just got an email so they are going to let me do 110 a month (which I will come up with so help me!)

JLC
05-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I am so sorry Sam :hugs: Money is such a tight thing for so many right now. I hope that you can figure out a way to resolve this the easiest way possible. Keep your chin up and know that you aren't the only one having a difficult time right now. Hope it all works out.

vlinderanna
05-22-2009, 11:47 AM
:hugs: :hugs: I'm so sorry, I'm really glad they're working something out with you!!! hang in there

meeshkasheeba
05-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm glad they are trying to work with you.

me_just_me
05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I'm glad to hear they are willing to let you pay monthly instead of demanding all the money now.

MommaRhi
05-22-2009, 04:51 PM
So your dad got them for you and now because you didnt pay him back he's taking you to court? Thats just crappy IMO and its costing them more $$ to take you to court than you owe them!