PDA

View Full Version : Mini Washer????

Steelersfan1277
05-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Anyone here have one of those Mini Washer's?? We got a apartment and they have no washer or dryer connection and i don't see me CDing in paid washes it would cost me to much But i don't want to stop Cding I thought this maybe a alot cheaper.. So if you have one how many Diapers can you fit in it and how long dose a load take??

Chellybella
05-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Last November I moved into an apartment with no hook-ups and was coin laundering our clothes. For the price it was costing me to wash our cloth diapers I had to stop and use sposies. Two months ago or so I researched portable machines and this is the one I decided on
http://www.nextag.com/Avanti-W798SS-2-3-500814785/prices-html I spent hours researching and reading reviews on otehr washers, this one has alot less reviews however all the reviews it does have are really good. I would up paying a little less that 400.00 because I found a place that delivers to the tri-state area for free. I am in love with this washer. It is a super easy set-up, looks nice and has the highest load capacity of any of the portable washers on the market right now. I would say I can wash 3/4 of what I would wash in a regular size washer. Also, I used to have stink issues with my diapers but no more since I got this washer. It has a long soak feature (and a ton of other settings to play with), you can select to have two rinses and wash with either cold or hot water. There are two things you have to be careful about with this machine, do not overload the washer and make SURE that the drain hose is weighted down (we duct tapes it to the water hose) so it stays in the sink. We had one incidence where it came out (before we taped) and there was water everywhere.

I highly reccomend this washer. I do a load of CD's and then hang them on a dryer in my apartment and within a few hours they are dry!

tarray22
05-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I have one of the little hand crank Wonder Washers. You could rely solely on it for diapers, they get really clean, you just have to be willing to spend a bunch of time and energy cranking it. You can find one HERE (http://www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Wonderwash.html)

rebelmommy
05-31-2009, 03:10 PM
heres one ive been thinking about http://www.amazon.com/BRAND-NOT-SPECIFIED-Wonder-Washer/dp/B000BTDNEK

PiecesOfKate
05-31-2009, 05:10 PM
I have one of the little hand crank Wonder Washers. You could rely solely on it for diapers, they get really clean, you just have to be willing to spend a bunch of time and energy cranking it. You can find one HERE (http://www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Wonderwash.html)

I saw that on tv, I think it was Rachel Ray and washing diapers came to mind.

oldtintype
06-01-2009, 01:37 AM
We've been researching portables too and are going to go with the Kenmore. It's pricey but Sears sells it so it can be delivered and/or returned if there are any problems. I was looking at others but they have to be delivered or purchased online and if there's a problem there's the whole lack of an actual STORE to return it to.

Chellybella
06-01-2009, 08:07 AM
We've been researching portables too and are going to go with the Kenmore. It's pricey but Sears sells it so it can be delivered and/or returned if there are any problems. I was looking at others but they have to be delivered or purchased online and if there's a problem there's the whole lack of an actual STORE to return it to.

You can usually find a local place that either stocks or can order whichever model you are looking it. I found a distributer local to me so I got free delivery and can also return it if there is an issue. It took a little looking around, but to me it was worth it as I have had extremely bad customer service issues with Sears in recent years.

Green Decals
06-01-2009, 08:14 AM
YAY! Thank you for posting this link - I heard about these and have been considering it but didn't know where to look.

catd5b
06-01-2009, 01:24 PM
OK, but has anybody had any luck actually buying one of those Wonder Washers recently? My mom was super excited to get one so she tried but it wasn't working - I thought she was just being internet challenged so I tried to buy one for her and when you add it to your cart, it takes you through the steps to buy and I forget exactly what happened, but you get shunted back to the initial page. It is HUGELY frustrating. Then I tried calling their phone # and got a message saying their voice mail is full. My mom emailed their contact address and as far as I know never got a response. I'm thinking they're out of business or overwhelmed or something, it was pretty annoying.

Green Decals
06-03-2009, 11:59 AM
OK, but has anybody had any luck actually buying one of those Wonder Washers recently? My mom was super excited to get one so she tried but it wasn't working - I thought she was just being internet challenged so I tried to buy one for her and when you add it to your cart, it takes you through the steps to buy and I forget exactly what happened, but you get shunted back to the initial page. It is HUGELY frustrating. Then I tried calling their phone # and got a message saying their voice mail is full. My mom emailed their contact address and as far as I know never got a response. I'm thinking they're out of business or overwhelmed or something, it was pretty annoying.

I see what you mean with that site, but I just ordered one (5 minutes ago) from beprepared.com and the order went through fine. It was $53 with shipping, cheaper than Lehmans. I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives!!!! :mrgreen:

ruth1979
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
If anyone lives in the NYC area (or wants to pay shipping) I have just posted ours on craigslist for $25. It works great, we are just moving house and don't need it anymore. One if the suction caps has come off the frame but that would be an easy repair. It doesn't affect the function in anyway.

oldtintype
06-04-2009, 10:16 AM
If you go to youtube you can see a demo of someone using one. The demo made me realize there was no way in hell I was doing that! Too much work for me.