PDA

View Full Version : Your Help Please!

tidytushees
06-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi!

I am hoping that you will help me with a project that I am involved in.

By the time you finish reading this brief email, another child will be injured in B.C. by a preventable injury!

424,000 children are injured in British Columbia every year. Of those, approximately 260 die as a result of their injuries.

Every hour of every day 48 BC children are injured!

I am proud to be working with the Kelowna Fire Museum and Education Centre to develop a program to reduce these numbers.

The easy part is the Museum (under construction in the old Kelowna Motors Building next to the Water Street Fire hall), which will showcase over 100 years of firefighting history.

As mandated by our principles, we feel we have a responsibility to far more than that. Our causes are to reduce childhood preventable injuries and educate seniors in fall prevention; presented in our Education Centre.

We also feel a responsibility not to be a burden on charitable foundations and be dependent on grants. Our Firehouse Kitchen Coffee Shop will endeavour to make our operation become self-sustaining.

The Kelowna Fire Museum will become a regional resource for schools, daycares, groups and clubs, a tourist destination, a unique space for special events and a celebration of our local firefighting history.

We are entrants in a local contest called the Juicey Give. The Juice Radio Station 103.9 will be awarding $100,000 in cash and $50,000 in radio promotion to the cause deemed most worthy by Kelowna residents.

It is my hope that you will take a moment right now to glance and our application and vote for our cause. http://1039thejuice.com/juiceGiveListDetails.php?entryID=22 and that you will forward this email to your friends and family in the hope that we can secure the votes needed.

Votes will only be accepted from the following postal codes:
• V1V
• V1W
• V1Y
• V1Z
• V4T
• V1P
• V1X
• VOH

Thank you in advance for your support!

P.S. – our website is under “redevelopment” but should be updated shortly with all of the exciting news about this project http://www.firemuseum.ca