PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a hyteroscopy?

Tia
06-17-2009, 02:46 PM
How was it?

I met with an RE for the first time on Tuesday. He has me scheduled for a hysteroscopy for next Thursday, cd3 and cd10 bloodwork, and a post op, review of final plan on July 2.

I'm scared. I had a d&c in March, and it wasn't that bad, but I was a little uncomfortable for a day or two, and very tired. He said this will be a little worse than that.

3 ladybugs
06-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I have had 3 of these. They are standard procedure at my RE for anyone doing IVF.

I think your RE is nuts! They are nothing like a d&c. They are not a piece of cake but they are not as bad as a d&c by far!

I assume that you are not going to be knocked out for the procedure. If that is the case I recomend you take 3 normal advils or 600 mg Advil (check with your doctor just to make sure... this is just what I do). 600 mg advil is what they gave me after my c-section. This works well for the actual procedure and it is mainly just presure that you feel.

To me the whole experiance is more like a BAD period and nothing more then that.

Good luck! I will likely have another one before the year is out too. :goodvibes:

Tia
06-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I was knocked out for my D&C and I felt much better after that than before. I had already lost the baby but had retained a lot of tissue and had emergency d&c because of high fever.

He did recommend Advil 1-2 hours before the procedure. He also said I can't drive or work afterwards. The paperwork he gave me said not to have intercourse at all from cd1 until the procedure, but I'm already mroe than half way through my cycle, so that obviously hasn't happened. Should I call them or just go ahead with it? There was only once without protection and it was about 6 days after normal ovulation for me.

Thanks for replying. I am soo nervous about this!

Kylie&Logan'sMommy
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
i would definately take the advil before you go. It is a bit uncomfortable, but it didnt last long:goodvibes:

MommyKeller0107
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
ITA with the above.. except I was under general anesthesia for mine (It was Hysteroscopy w/removal of IUD) but as far as the pain / healing afterwards, it wasn't bad! A little sore / lethargic, but livable.

3 ladybugs
06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
It should be done at the begining of your cycle. Is it not being done then?

lisari
06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I was very nervous before I had mine, but it really wasn't bad at all. Just mildly uncomfortable. The worst part was the nurse trying to chat with me about my job during the thing - I know she was trying to be nice and thought distracting me would be helpful, but . . . no. Good luck, it'll be ok.

Tia
06-18-2009, 06:30 AM
It should be done at the begining of your cycle. Is it not being done then?

No, CD1 was May 26th.

3 ladybugs
06-18-2009, 06:55 AM
No, CD1 was May 26th.
That is strange to me. :headscratch: I thought the whole point of this procedure was to check to see if the uterus had anything abnormal about it. If you have a lining then I don't see how they could tell that. :headscratch:

To the others who posted on this thread, did you have yours late in your cycle?

I would be tempted to call them up and ask them if you needed to be at the start of your cycle. :headscratch:

musicalisa
06-18-2009, 07:16 AM
I didn't actually end up having one (this was 2.5 years ago now so my memory might be rusty) but it was going to be near the beginning of my cycle (day 3 I recall) and there was also a hefty antibiotic involved?? Does this sound right?

Tia
06-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Well, AF was May 26, and this is my first month off the NuvaRing, they expect me to be at a 28 day cycle, which would be the 23rd, making the hyteroscopy cd 3. The nurse is supposed to call me the day before the procedure, and I'll ask about it needing to be at the beginning of the cycle.

Thanks for all the input!