PDA

View Full Version : recipe cards

BNC
07-12-2009, 07:00 PM
OK, so this could go here or in the kitchen section, but I think here is more relevant.

My sisters birthday is coming up and she is always bugging me for recipes. So I wanted to type them out onto recipe cards, print them out and put them into a cute photo album I found.

So anyone know of an online template where I can type the recipes in and have them print into a 4x6 format? That way I can organize them by category into the photo album and she can leave them in the book while cooking. the photo sleeve will keep the recipe cards clean, and they are clear so she can see right through them.

I know I can do it in word, but I dont want to mess with formatting....KWIM?

steffylikewoah
07-12-2009, 07:12 PM
:popcorn:

crystalinnc
07-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Ooooh I'd love to know this too. I've been wanting to gather all my recipes into the same photo album-type book. I'm hoping to have some recipe swaps with local mamas, and it would be nice if we could all have the same format.

NessaL_07
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I always hand wrote mine, but you could probably fix the settings on your computer for printing and do it on regular index cards, they have white and colored ones.

cherylchoo
07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
IDK if it will work for recipe cards, but I do a mini-flylady control journal in a 4x6 photo album which requires the same type of printing. I just keep the word document formatted for regular letter-size paper, but I tell the printer to print four pages to a sheet (in the printing options for many printers). It's not exactly 4x6, because a quarter page is actually 4.25x5, but it's close enough for the photo album and I just trim the .25" excess.

kocho
07-13-2009, 01:33 PM
What a neat idea!!