PDA

View Full Version : EBF poo color suddenly changed, why?

mrseum
08-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Is it because of something I ate maybe? It's always been yellow (or green from my forceful OALD) but right now it's brown?? I had tomatoes yesterday, could that be why? Or is he possibly getting sick? Hubby had a cold, and I had a slight fever a few days ago, now I still get achy/a headache in the evenings and have a sore throat. I just want to be on top of it if he's going to get sick, he's 3 months old. I'd be thankful for any ideas!

Tinabel
08-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm not really quite sure, but my first thought was if you'd eaten anything different that maybe you haven't in the past few months? I know what we eat changes the flavor of the milk. When I breastfed my son I don't remember distinctly the color changing, but it may have...I know that's really no help sorry :~ HOpefully someone else can be of more assistance.

mrseum
08-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm not really quite sure, but my first thought was if you'd eaten anything different that maybe you haven't in the past few months? I know what we eat changes the flavor of the milk. When I breastfed my son I don't remember distinctly the color changing, but it may have...I know that's really no help sorry :~ HOpefully someone else can be of more assistance.

Well it kind of makes sense. I've been eating a lot more spinach, and last night the tomatoes that I haven't had for while

nikkiemom2emmy
08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
My DD was barely ever yellow :) Hers was bright orange moslty but has been brown also. It is perfectly normal my DR has said as long as they are going. It seems the less often she goes is when it turns more brown, maybe from sitting in there getting old? I dont remember if the Dr told me why but she did say it was ok :)

*Hadassah*
08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I heard that it happens as their digestive systems matures and they aren't going as often.

MomofTravis
08-08-2009, 05:31 PM
My pediatrician said that she really only worries about baby poop that's black or white (hard to imagine, huh?), and that the poop color will change based on what you ate and how fast the baby eats and digests. She also said the color will change as the baby's digestive system matures. HTH!