View Full Version : What would you do?

08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I will start by saying that I am a very indecisive person and your opinions and advice mean a great great deal!

Here we go:

So I have a history of IC (incompetent cervix) and my hubby and I are starting to think about the near future with emphasis on family planning! My DH gets deployed in Feb 2010 and we are talking about getting pregnant (Try to) in Jan 2010 so that when he comes back in Aug he will be there during the last few months of my pregnancy. The other option is to wait until he returns in Aug and TTC then and then the baby will come the following spring.

Here are my questions: Would you chance bed rest with the hubby being away?

and if we have the baby in the spring of 2011 he gets deployed that August and it only gives him a few months with the new LO.

I am so torn. I am worried about myself having to go on bed rest with no one to help and then I feel selfish that he will miss so much if we wait to TTC.

So if you can wade through my rambling and give any insight or WWYD scenarios I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!!!:goodvibes:

08-15-2009, 07:39 PM
I"ve never experienced anything like the incompetant cervix or the bedrest... or having DH be away for so long... so it's hard for me to put myself in your shoes.

That being said... I would go for the earlier time.. gives him more time with you and the new baby. If you end up not getting pregnant before he deploys, you can always try again in August for your spring baby.

08-15-2009, 09:00 PM
That's a tough decision, but I don't think I'd put myself in a possible bedrest position with a 1 & 2 year old, if I'm reading your siggy right.

08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
if you are on bedrest with two little ones they will bring him back (unless he is extremely essential to the mission...you know how it is..flag first, family second). I'd go for ttc sooner rather then later. You can't let the military plan your life for you, only influence where you live. That's always been our thoughts.

08-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I feel in my heart that trying early wouldn't be a bad idea.