PDA

View Full Version : A whole lot of movin'... STILL?!?

Manna00
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Okay.. I"m 34 weeks along and my dear sweet child is STILL rollin' around like there's no tomorrow! I'm measuring right on track (34 cm for week 34) but I look enormous due to only being 5"2. Someone told me that if Samuel (that's DC's name) can still be rolling around as fiercly as he is that he's probably not a huge baby--but that there's a lot of water around him still..... anyone else heard of this? I thought surely by now I would stop seeing so many knees and elbows poking it.. but nope.... not for me... I still get to "enjoy" (I do.. I really do... but OUCH!) being poked. I know each pregnancy is different (how much movement there is this late in the game)--but I'm just wondering about the water/baby ratio thing my friend told me COULD be true. We haven't had an ultrasound since 15 weeks (we tested positive on my quad blood testing for Downs' Syndrome.. but all is well) and we arn't scheduled for my next one until 36 weeks...so who knows how big this kiddo really is?!!!

Oh brother....just pat me on the head and tell me it's all okay, okay? :)

Shannon
05-24-2006, 01:58 PM
My kids moved like crazy up until they popped out:D

jls~Kain~Drake
05-24-2006, 02:10 PM
With ds1, I was getting some good rib kicks during labor, lol....ds2 just liked to scare me...so he had very little movement during the entire pregnancy and definitely during labor.

Emma
05-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I can't help you w/regards to the ratio, but I'm in the same situation. I'm 34 wks, measuring on target, but yet she is still VERY active. I can feel her rolling around and kicking/punching me. Some of those suckers HURT! There are times she's kicking when I'm having a Braxton-Hicks contraction, so it's double the fun. :) I'm curious as to what answer you get from your OB/MW though.

hfitz5051
05-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Yep, mine where still squirming while I was pushing. Don't worry about the baby being too big, the can really stretch around in there lol.

Psychomom
05-24-2006, 09:09 PM
My best friend is 38.5 weeks pregnant and says that her baby is super active still. According to her doc, she's having an 8lber, but I think he's full of crap. ;)

zonapellucida
05-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I am having the same problem! I had always thought that they would sow just ror to brht but this baby is showing NO signs of quieting...

GrowingUpMad
05-25-2006, 06:17 AM
My ds moved like crazy until he was born and he weighed 9 lbs 13 ozs. My dd hardly moved and we often had to check on her to make sure she was still with us. She weighed 6 lbs 15 ozs. Them moving has nothing to do with size or even personality for that matter. My son is the mellow one and my dd is the hyper one, go figure.

bethanyjoy
05-25-2006, 06:52 AM
I have home video of Bryan in my belly two days before his due date...you can watch my belly move from side to side, up and down, can practically see the feet! LOL

A lot has to do with the baby's position, I think...

Trishalynn
05-25-2006, 09:22 AM
lol I could feel my dd kicking and rolling while I was pushing lol, (well not rolling at that point, but many kicks). I thought I might get a little break being in labour, but nope more kicks than ever!! lol

hungrytree
05-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't know about baby size ratios, but I am 38 weeks :thumbsup: and he has slowed down some these last week or so, but before that he was as active as ever. He still moves a ton while I am trying to go to sleep at night. And honestly, I think he is going to be close to 8. It is my first one, so I may be wrong, but that is just what I think. 8 to me is big by the way, I am 5'3", but DH is close to 6'.

Manna00
05-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Oi! Don't tell me that! I'm 5'2" and DH is 6'4"..... this is out first one too. Oh well, here's to some HEALTHY babies!

bethanyjoy
05-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Just wanted to add that I'm 5'5", small framed, and I had big babies -- 8lbs 4oz, 8lbs 10oz -- but both were delivered naturally, vaginally, with only a small tear during my first...your body is smart, it knows how to get babies out!

My midwife once told me that only Dr's know about the 10cm dilation thing...your body will open up as much as it needs to, it doesn't care about numbers! :)