PDA

View Full Version : Spotsylvania/Fredericksburg/Caroline/Richmond Mamas! Please help!

Dewberri
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Sooo... I'm not really sure about posting this... but my OB-Gyn is taking a sabbatical! So I'm in need of some recommendations!

We live in Caroline, work in Spotsylvania and Fredericksburg so... anyone in the general area is fine :) We're used to traveling 35 min to Drs apts. :thumbsup:

I loved my OB but I am interested in Certified nurse midwives as well. If you love your OB/CNMW and don't mind sharing your experience with me I'd much appreciate you sharing with me :goodvibes:

Post to thread or pm for more privacy! :hugs: Thanks mamas, I really appreciate it!

ForeverYoung
09-29-2009, 08:36 PM
I used to live in Fredericksburg! That said, it's been years. That also said, we went to the Woodbridge family healthcare place. (It's where the military sent us. :giggle:) Yeah, guess I'm not so helpful. It's just not everyday that I see where I used to live pop up on DS! :giggle: Hope you find someone you like and feel comfortable with! :hugs:

Dewberri
09-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Woodbridge might be a little bit far... :chuckle:

I need to get connected with some local mamas ;)

:hugs:

Dewberri
10-08-2009, 12:40 PM
No one wants to make a recommendation??

gibbysgirl
10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
I am new to DS and just ran across your post. I moved to King George from AZ when I was 5 months pregnant - Im 36 weeks now. The military referred me from one bad ob to another in Fredericksburg. THen after touring Mary WAshington, and looking at their interventions and c-section rate I was over it. We decided to pay for it ourselves and have a home birth.

We found Peggy Franklin in Gainsville VA and I go to her for my appointments which is about an hours drive for me but 40 min from Fburg. She is a CPM and an RN. Her website is birthbydesign.org She is wonderful and I cant recommend her enough. She may be too far for you, but if you call her, she can recommend someone closer to Richmond Im sure. Good luck.

*KaiMom*
10-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Birth Care in Alexandria comes highly recommended. They do homebirths and have a birth center. It may be a bit of a drive for you thought.

thmorris19
10-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Nancy Giglio with Richmond Birth Services, Inc. is great!

http://www.richmondbirthservices.com/