PDA

View Full Version : Why is my husband jealous of my kids?

kimumama
09-30-2009, 08:03 AM
My husband seems to be jealous of my bond with my kids. He is constantly knit-picking my older daughter(who is 5 and from a previous marriage) and tattling on every little thing she does. I don't let this get in the way of my relationship with her because she tells me differently every time he does it. I try not to get in the middle of it. If I don't see it happen, then I don't take sides. Also, last night, my husband seemed jealous of my bond with our infant son. He moved him over by him on the other couch. When he started crying, my husband said, "Don't move him. I want MY son by me." I looked at him and said, "I won't move him, but he is OUR son". I left it at that. I thought that was so weird. I never keep him from our son. He is home everyday with the kids while I work, and then he works nights. He gets alot of time with them and does not seem to value it, only when I'm home and wanting to see them. I don't understand his anger and why he is being like this with the kids. I don't know how to handle it. He seems to be intent on driving a wedge between the family. Any advice on how to handle this?

MaxCapacity
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't have any advice, but I will keep y'all in my prayers! :hugs: Mama!

TofuScramble
09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
When I first read this- I felt upset for you, wasn't sure how to respond to it.

I still don't know. But I'm wondering if maybe he's just stressed or whatever. Maybe you two need a date night out.
Hopefully his attitude changes- it's pretty immature.
Goodluck :goodvibes:

yellowitchgrl
10-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I'll give you my best guess, okay? All I can do is guess, but my guesses do tend to be pretty accurate.

Most men do not feel like men unless they're out there working. That's the first part.

Second, your oldest daughter is from a first marriage- is there jealousy with the ex there?

Third, he has to be insecure or he wouldn't be doing any of these things. Secure men who are happy and not depressed do not act this way.

Fourth, and I really think this is the stickler here- you have a great relationship with your daughter, but since you're turning to us for advice rather than just sitting your husband down to talk to him about this problem indicates to me that you don't have as good of a relationship with him as you do with your daughter.

Your spouse needs to come first in order of good relationships- I'd be jealous too.

Also you need to have a good enough relationship with your husband that if he does something like tattle on your 5 yr old you can look at him funny and tell him to grow up. :thumbsup:

I'm saying a prayer for you and I hope at least one thing I said helps!:hugs: