PDA

View Full Version : need a pork chop recipe fast

MamaJo
05-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I had a hankerin' for pork chops so I sent hubby to buy some yesterday....only, I don't know how I want to cook them :lostit:

I don't cook pork chops often - last time I did it was super simple and involved brown sugar and butter on top for glazed chops. But I can't remember if there was anything else?

Any suggestions? Nothing too complicated or time intensive......I think I'd prefer to stick to the complexity of slicing off a pat of butter :giggle:

ocfb16
05-24-2006, 03:00 PM
You can just throw them on a pan and season them with spices, like garlic salt, season salt, etc and bake them for 30 minutes or so. Can't get any easier than that! I craved these when I was pregnant :goodvibes:

MamaJo
05-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I craved these when I was pregnant :goodvibes:

Don't ever say that again! :giggle:

If I did the brown sugar and butter, should I also do seasonings? I can't remember if I did last time...not sure if it would go together....

ocfb16
05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
I would do seasonings with them. With always use brown sugar when we marinate our stuff. Last night we marinated steaks with brown sugar sauce we made and then put seasonings on them as well. It turned out great.

Another easy way to make pork chops is grill them if you have a girl. It only takes about 15 minutes and all you have to use is the seasonings.

Namaste
05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Dijon-Peach Pork Chops:

4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2" thick)
1 can (15 1/4 ounce) sliced peaches undrained
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown pork chops
over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Stir in the remaining ingrediants.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is tender.

Maple Raisin Carrots:

2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 cups frozen sliced carrots
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and syrup. Cook, uncovered,
over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in carrots and raisins.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes longer or until carrots are tender.

MamaJo
05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Dijon-Peach Pork Chops:

4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2" thick)
1 can (15 1/4 ounce) sliced peaches undrained
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown pork chops
over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Stir in the remaining ingrediants.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is tender.

I decided to go with this.....only, now that I've come back to this thread, I realize I forgot the cloves :doh:It was still tasty though. I skipped the other, we only had about 10 baby carrots, didn't think it would be worth it :laugh:

:yummy:

jls~Kain~Drake
05-26-2006, 08:39 AM
I realize this thread has past...but dh really likes the pork tenderloins I make....make them just like fried chicken...mix flour, salt & pepper.....dip the porkchop in a beaten egg..and then put into the flour mixture..make sure it's covered...then put in the skillet with already heated virgin olive oil - and i dunno if anyone already knows this...but you don't have to use a lot of virgin olive oil - it goes a long way...and i think they turn out really good.

MamaJo
05-26-2006, 12:06 PM
I realize this thread has past...but dh really likes the pork tenderloins I make....make them just like fried chicken...mix flour, salt & pepper.....dip the porkchop in a beaten egg..and then put into the flour mixture..make sure it's covered...then put in the skillet with already heated virgin olive oil - and i dunno if anyone already knows this...but you don't have to use a lot of virgin olive oil - it goes a long way...and i think they turn out really good.

Oh that sounds so good! But, unfortunately, I can't eat eggs :(

SerenitysBowtique
05-27-2006, 09:22 PM
When i make pork chops I season it with Adobo, Sazon, garlic powder and then fry them in oil. You can also try this recipe

Pork Chop & Rice Casserole

4 pork Chops, Browned
1 cup uncooked Rice
1 Can Cream of Chicken soup, Diluted with 1-1/2 to 2 cans of Water
(Can Sub. Cream of Mushroom)

Brown pork chops and place in bottom of baking dish. Spread rice evenly over the pork chops. Pour diluted soup over the pork chops and rice. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Bake 1 hour @ 350 degrees.
__________________________________________________ __
Honey Pecan Pork Chops

Just cook the
cutlets in butter, and then heat honey and pecans in the
drippings to make the sauce. Try serving with mashed sweet
potatoes and green beans.
Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 10
Minutes. Ready in: approx. 25 Minutes. Makes 4 serving.

1 1/4 pounds boneless pork loin( pounded thin_
or thin boneless breakfast chops
1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions
1 In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper.
Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture.
2 In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
3 Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat
through, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over cutlets.

Blackbirdlane
05-28-2006, 08:50 AM
i throw mine in the crockpot with a bottle of italian salad dressing and cook on low for 6-8 hours. yummy and tender :hugegrin: