PDA

View Full Version : Post office sending package the wrong way???

luvmykiddoes
10-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I sent a package on Oct. 4th for a package that was paid for on Oct. 3rd. I printed the label through paypal using multi order shipping since I had 3 other packages to send out that day as well. The address was already in there since I did use this method of shipping. I was asked today if I sent it so I went to look up the DC for her to reassure her it was on the way. When I looked it up it said:

Detailed Results:
http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/spacer.gif http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/spacer.gif http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, October 08, 2009, 6:24 pm, DETROIT, MI 48233 http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/bullet_circle.gif Processed through Sort Facility, October 05, 2009, 10:31 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099 http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/images/bullet_circle.gif Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 03, 2009

Problem is, the Mama lives in Oklahoma. What does this mean? It's on it's way somewhere and I have no idea where. Has anyone experienced this before? Did the package get to it's destination?

jessica_wilson
10-09-2009, 10:44 PM
did you have another package going to Michigan....? I have no clue. That is strange!

luvmykiddoes
10-09-2009, 11:56 PM
did you have another package going to Michigan....? I have no clue. That is strange!
No, I didn't. Plus, it lists her address as the send to address. It just does not make any sense at all.

Jaci
10-10-2009, 12:07 AM
well, I know some smaller POs send to a larger sort office even if it is the opposite direction of where the final destination is, but I think going all the way to Michigan is a little out of the way!

MomtoCarli
10-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Maybe it made a wrong stop, somewhere. It's bound to be figured out when they go to attempt to deliver it. Just keep checking the status. Or call that sort facility.

romanlili
10-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Unfortunately I think this happens more than the PO would like to admit. Especially lately with all the cut back. It will most likely get to the mama, it just might take a little more time than usual.

XtraOrdinary
10-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately I think this happens more than the PO would like to admit. Especially lately with all the cut back. It will most likely get to the mama, it just might take a little more time than usual.Yeah that.

Jordan
10-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Sounds like it just got routed the wrong way and it may take longer for delivery.

TalkinBoutMyGirl
10-10-2009, 02:11 PM
It will make it eventually. Sometimes they go all over hades and back before reaching their actual destination. As long as the DC is updating I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The mama can also see where it's at so she shouldn't really be worried yet either.

MW69842
10-10-2009, 03:14 PM
That happens sometimes I've noticed. It seems like whenever I order something from a person living in Georgia - the packages always gets routed to Florida... sometimes Texas, THEN it makes it's way up to me in Michigan.

Mommyk8
10-11-2009, 08:14 AM
I had a package from PA to Massachusetts go to California and back to PA before going to Mass. the PO sucks sometimes and packages get on the wrong truck.

l_Kimmie_l
10-11-2009, 08:46 AM
My father has worked for the PO for 35 yrs now. He actually loads and unloads the trucks. They are never loaded in a way that makes sense to us. Basically, the route in which one's packages/letters goes is based on the entire route the truck takes.

Let's say 75% of the mail is going to Texas, 30% to California, and the rest to Michigan. In TX the truck off loads, then picks up mail going to CA and MI. And goes from there. So, even if you live in PA and sent to MI, it makes some crazy trip due to the truck's route. This is why it can take forever with Parcel Post. Prioriy goes on different trucks.

luvmykiddoes
10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
My father has worked for the PO for 35 yrs now. He actually loads and unloads the trucks. They are never loaded in a way that makes sense to us. Basically, the route in which one's packages/letters goes is based on the entire route the truck takes.

Let's say 75% of the mail is going to Texas, 30% to California, and the rest to Michigan. In TX the truck off loads, then picks up mail going to CA and MI. And goes from there. So, even if you live in PA and sent to MI, it makes some crazy trip due to the truck's route. This is why it can take forever with Parcel Post. Prioriy goes on different trucks.
Thank you! That was very helpful.

lisastwins2002
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I bought something from a mama somewhere in the midwest and it went to FL before it arrived at my house in MA. I questioned the seller because it seemed quite odd that it would go that direction and then come back up north. I think it will end up where it should, just take a couple days longer.

twolittlewhales
10-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I just had this happen with a customer's package I was shipping Priority to NC. It went from Washington state to HAWAII before getting to her! I think someone messed up at the sort facility. I finally arrived 7 or 8 days after I mailed it.

MadeOfStars
10-12-2009, 06:27 AM
I once mailed a package FC from FL to OH. I followed tracking after the mama PMed me because it was taking so long. It had gone from FL to OH to two places in CA (it stayed there a while) to PA then finally to OH again. It took 3 weeks to get there, but it finally did... Hope your package gets there soon!