PDA

View Full Version : For Charlie's Soap users?

iamhis0
10-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Explain your diaper washing process for me please! I am using Charlie's Soap, but it seems like I am not getting my diapers clean enough and they come out smelling slightly. I end up doing 2 washes with the soap, and hubby is complaining that it is overdoing it and wasteful.
Help!

lele0803
10-21-2009, 08:02 PM
i use oxyclean every once in awhile. you could also try charlies in your pre-rinse, then another scoop in your hot wash. I like charlies a lot. you could also contact them directly through their website. they are great and really helpful!

eta: are you using charlies on all your laundry?

iamhis0
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes, on everything.

MadeOfStars
10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
I have had to add TSP to get things really clean. I called Charlies and explained what was happening with my diapers and they recommended the TSP (trisodium phosphate). Now I do a cold wash with non-chlorine bleach, hot wash with 1 scoop Charlies and 2 scoops TSP, then 2 extra rinses. All clean!

Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique
10-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I do a full cold wash - no detergent. Then a hot wash with 1 T and let them rinse, with an extra rinse...only because my washer does that.

I add some RLR about every other time I wash.

Piper's Closet
10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
use vinegar not bleach, vinegar really helps with charlie's soap, bleach will make your diapers not last as long... use vinegar trust me it works. 1 cup to your load at start

iamhis0
10-21-2009, 09:27 PM
I do a full cold wash - no detergent. Then a hot wash with 1 T and let them rinse, with an extra rinse...only because my washer does that.

I add some RLR about every other time I wash.

Sorry, what is RLR?

iamhis0
10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I have had to add TSP to get things really clean. I called Charlies and explained what was happening with my diapers and they recommended the TSP (trisodium phosphate). Now I do a cold wash with non-chlorine bleach, hot wash with 1 scoop Charlies and 2 scoops TSP, then 2 extra rinses. All clean!

Where can I find TSP?

Abbie@Mom'sMilkBoutique
10-21-2009, 09:53 PM
It's a laundry treatment (http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/RLR.html) that removes buildup from your clothes.

hkristine
10-22-2009, 12:30 AM
cold rinse no detergent
hot wash with full scoop of detergent
extra cold rinse

I use the highest water level and only wash max of 8-10 dipes per load :)
they come out smelling clean every time :thumbsup:

NorahsMom
10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
I've been having issues with Charlie's lately too, ever since I've been using a high efficiency washer. I'm thinking of switching to Tide.

hypnomommy
10-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Cold wash no detergent / once a week I'll add oxi-clean to pre-wash
1/2 scoop Hot cycle
Clean and fresh!

bigkmomoflittlek
10-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Do you have hard water? Charlies is great at getting things clean naturally but it won't kill natural bacteria always so a smell can build up over time, especially if you have hard water! Try Bac-out by biokleen (you can find it on amazon pretty cheap). You can spray it on your dirty dipes before throwing them in the dry-pail and/or soak your dipes overnight in a cold wash (before washing them) with a tbsp of it. It kills bacteria and then you can do your hot wash and rinses with charlies. HTH!