PDA

View Full Version : Help me name my store! (with incentives!)

bezark
11-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi mamas! I know this would be better served in Testing the WAHM Waters, but EF gets a lot more traffic.

I'll be opening a HC store to sell my wares either in early December or January. I'm shooting for December to catch the tail end of Christmas traffic, but we shall see.
I'm a crafty lady, but apparently not a very creative one as I can't figure out a name! Well, I'm sure I could, but this is just more fun. :giggle:

I need help!

I'll be selling mostly hand dyed yarns and other dyeables (think OBV blankets, shirts, etc).

Now for the good part.

I will be giving out three prizes:
1 for the mama who names my store
1 for the runner up
1 for the best out-of-the-box business tip (or collection of tips)

Prizes may be 8oz of premium dyed yarn, an OBV blanket or a set of OBV pillow cases. I *may* let the winners choose.

I will check this thread as often as possible to answer any questions you may have.
The winners will be announced by December 1st.

connorsmama
11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
do you have any ideas what you want it to sound like, words you want in the title.. things you like... names? it would help us understand you better, to name your store :thumbsup:
and what kind of business tips do you need?

kannondicarpo
11-03-2009, 09:05 AM
* Go Bezark
* Dyed Up
* Bezark Baby
* Baby Bezark

I'm so bad at this stuff. I too had a contest for someone to name my store. It really is more fun!

royj1234
11-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Craft or Dye
Dye-licious
Don't Dye? Just Buy!

Netofbeing
11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Eh... let me think on it. More.

madiganandpupsmom
11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
*Dyeing for yarn
*Dye-namic dyed goods
*Bezyarns
*Dyezigns
*Bez Kneez

hmm, and i'm spent...

royj1234
11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Dyed and gone to Heaven

Netofbeing
11-03-2009, 10:19 AM
hmmm...
Earth Mama Threadworks

nickiea
11-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I think Go Bezark is cute!

HGrace
11-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I'll keep thinking, but at the moment:

*skeins n' things

I'll be back with more! :)

JaylasMommy
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Go Bezark was going to be my suggestion... Until I saw someone else had posted it..

:giggle2:

StitchHappyMama.com
11-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Here are a couple:

To Dye For
Twisted Skeins

I think Go Bezark is cute too.

JaeCraig
11-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I like Go Bezark as well.

Out of the box business tip.

I think generosity is such an important part of having a good business. It's so easy to put a mental dollar value on everything you create once you really start the business side of it, but just trying to continually take any extra moments you have to be a blessing to someone else is something that many underestimate.
There are so many DS and HC WAHMs have shown beautiful examples of thoughtfullness and generosity with their talents, time and materials. Those businesses are the ones I choose to invest in because I know the hearts behind those businesses are set firmly in a place where we need this world to be, and I like to encourage the encouragable.

lauren420
11-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Bezark bottom knitz

Karrie Di
11-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Business Tips:

1. Invest in EXCELLENT quality pictures of your wares.

2. Run some promotions to get feedback and customer photos for your gallery. In addition to photo contests or random raffles, you could do a "Send in X amount of material/yarn, and I'll make you THIS ffs!" (You keep the remainder.) Great way to build your stash of materials.

3. If you don't know how to fix up your HC, hire someone to do it for you. Keep it clean, organized well and in the table view. Some people will click away from your store if it is not table view.

4. Advertise everywhere! Your signature, WAHM A'ments, every forum you belong to. :thumbsup:

5. Radiate positive energy. If you believe in your products, they will sell. :goodvibes:

Tashena
11-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Bezarkalicious Goods
all DYED up, down, and EVERYTHING in between
beZark's Zoo
Gone Bezark - and lovin' it!

To add a tip...
I really like an extra something - doesn't have to be big - maybe a sample of something or a mini of your item - with a HAND WRITTEN note of "thanks" goes a LONG way. I always feel that my items were special to that WAHM as she made them when I get a note. Like she took the time for my items - it wasn't just a "name" on her "list."

Have fun with what you do. Don't let it become a "job." When you do, your "extra special touches" are lost in the madness.

Best Wishes!!!

Stacy'n'Kids
11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I think generosity is such an important part of having a good business. It's so easy to put a mental dollar value on everything you create once you really start the business side of it, but just trying to continually take any extra moments you have to be a blessing to someone else is something that many underestimate.
There are so many DS and HC WAHMs have shown beautiful examples of thoughtfullness and generosity with their talents, time and materials. Those businesses are the ones I choose to invest in because I know the hearts behind those businesses are set firmly in a place where we need this world to be, and I like to encourage the encouragable.

:touched:

Tashena
11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I like

"Gone Bezark"

Netofbeing
11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Eh... let me think on it. More.

so i'm bad at coming up with shop names... didn't realize the 'earth mama' portion of my idea was taken...

:blush:

I like Bezark Baby though from the previous list that everyone else is choosing from. :giggle2:

Amaggiepie
11-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Dye me a Rainbow

Bezark Color Creations

Dye-namic Color Creations

Dye-namic Rainbow Dyes

Over the Rainbow

All Dyed Up (just realized someone else said this first :blush:)

... I think that's it.

I have to agree with the mama who said to send out little samples or notes with your items. Once I even got a packet of tea with a handwritten note, but I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. :mrgreen:

Nickel+3
11-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Wooly Birds
Robbyn's Song
Robbyn's Eggs
Colored Chicks
The Color Garden
Silly Silas

AbbyW
11-03-2009, 01:29 PM
How about "Dyed Skeins" or "Baby Skeins"... These jumped to mind as I was reading the other postings! Good luck with your new business proposition! :thumbsup:

Tashena
11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Go, Bezark-O!

bezark
11-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Really great suggestions so far!!
When I get 10 top favorites, I'll add a poll and you mamas can vote for the winner. (though I must say, while I will also send a prize for the poll's winner, it may not necessarily be the name I choose)

And Jae, I don't want to get your hopes up too soon, but your advice is top notch. :)

I don't feel like going back to quote at the moment, but the first PP asked for more information about me. I didn't want to add that because I didn't want everyone getting stuck on one aspect, ya know? I want a variety, and I want creativity.

For the record, the name doesn't *have* to have anything to do with me personally.

HGrace
11-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Sew Good

The Daily Thread

Our Daily Thread (like "our daily bread")

Some ideas going with the fact that you'll be dyeing up a bunch of different items:
*Spectrum
*Chroma
*Prism

Or going with all the lovely softness of obv, yarn, etc:
*Plush

Everyone has great ideas, both with names and tips :)

Hands&Fire Pottery
11-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Colorful Comforts
A Rainbow of Goodness
Rainbow Softness
A Rainbow for Ewe
Color Ewe Pretty
Dazzle
Color Dance

I think the Golden Rule is a good one to keep in mind for business.

RNmama3
11-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Skein Dreams
Thrifty Threads
Threads Up!

silver
11-03-2009, 07:59 PM
How about de la Tierra? I *think* it is the correct translation to Spanish of the phrase "from the Earth."

silver
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM
More ideas:

Tiger Lily Boutique

Kaleidoscope Creations

Candy Apple Creations

Polka Dot Dyes

Jelly Bean Brights

I hope none of these are taken :)

Liddle1
11-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Dyed in Your Arms

eden
11-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Galore Velour and Wool Prism

eden
11-04-2009, 05:46 AM
OBV and Wool by Me
Delicious Delicates
Spectrum Wool

Hands&Fire Pottery
11-04-2009, 02:18 PM
The Kozy Kaleidoscope
Rainbow Dreams- A Rainbow Dream Come True- Wool Dyed by Me, Just for You!

hbee
11-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Dyed Delights
Wrapped in Softness
Wrapped in Fluff
Stitches and Seams

I like OBV and Wool by Me!

bezark
11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Bump!
I'd like to have to poll up by next Saturday, so I need more suggestions!!

Tashena
11-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Rainbow Dreams
Dreaming of Rainbows

eden
11-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Knitworthy but my fav is still my suggestion of OBV And Wool By Me

Hands&Fire Pottery
11-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Color Me Comfy
Color Me Cuddly
Colorful Cuddles
Prism Plush
Bezark Beautiful

HGrace
11-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Bumping for you with another suggestion :)

-Fluff N' Stuff

Bellibowbottoms
11-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I like Go Bezark as well.

Out of the box business tip.

:thumbsup: you rock jae!

Tips...I agree with whoever said to take GREAT pics. Never on your bed, floors, couch, chair etc. I would never personally buy an item after it was on someones bed. I dunno, it just creeps me out. I also saw items photographed on someones computer chair. I just couldn't help but imagine sweaty butt in the chair all day long. gross

Another idea....scour EF, ISO, ISO Trades....to drum up biz. You may have to start doing lots of trades. It pays off! Believe me!

Names--

My Own Rainbow

The Great Color Parade

Pieces of Me

Piece of the Rainbow

Rainbow Parade

Paradise Colorways

nicolewilbanks
11-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Coming off pp suggestion of "plush" how about:

PlushPoshBaby or Plush Posh Baby

nicolewilbanks
11-15-2009, 09:44 AM
As for tips, I would just suggest that customer service be your top priority. Coming from a mama who tries to only buy from WAHM, I would much rather spend a fortune on an item and get A+++ cs, than save a few bucks and have crappy cs.

Good luck w/ your store mama!

AddysMama
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Prismatic Plush Perfections
Rainbow Clouds
Dyed and gone to Heaven
Just for Ewe
Puffy Plushy Prisms

KumfyKozies
11-19-2009, 07:56 PM
I was reading through these ideas, and To Dye For jumped out at me... Then I realized I noticed it because it's already a store on HC. :giggle:
I would go by either something that is meaningful to you, as the creator, or is related to what you create.
Ex. my store is KumfyKozies. DH and I used the term "comfy-cozy" all the time when DD was born in the dead of winter. We call her snuggliest fleece sleepers her "comfy-cozies," and when I started sewing my own in an attempt to save some money, the name stuck. When I started sewing for sale, we just played with the nickname to create my store name. Now snuggly, cozy comfort is my goal for everything in my line. I joke that it's because I'm usually in my pajamas when I'm sewing. :giggle: