PDA

View Full Version : Partylite candles?

sheenamc
11-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I am in love with Partylite candles and wondering who else out there is too! :goodvibes:

Also wondering if anyone has found another candle that smells up a room as nice as a Partylite candle and is lead-free! :)

nakedbabytoes
11-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Welike Yankee Hill Candles or Sugar Shack Candles.
Word of warning:
do not buy Partylite candle holders! We have had 3 of their candle holders shatter, one starting a fire on the couch below the wall mounted votive holder. Almost burnt down my mom's house!
I dunno if they are thinner glass or what, but after that last one shattered we threw out all our partylite holders.

carolz
11-03-2009, 10:17 PM
My sister is getting me into these candles:
https://charityp.scentsy.us/Home

eguisgirl
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I *love* Scentsy.. *yum*

eguisgirl
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
I *love* Scentsy.. *yum*

sheenamc
11-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Welike Yankee Hill Candles or Sugar Shack Candles.
Word of warning:
do not buy Partylite candle holders! We have had 3 of their candle holders shatter, one starting a fire on the couch below the wall mounted votive holder. Almost burnt down my mom's house!
I dunno if they are thinner glass or what, but after that last one shattered we threw out all our partylite holders.

Good to know! I dont have any...just the candles thank god! :thumbsup:

cereal527
11-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I sell PartyLite, and obviously love it! To the pp that had problems with PartyLite products, did you burn a partylite candle in the holder? Because other candles burn hotter than PartyLite candles they are not recommended for use in PartyLite holders. PartyLite only warranties their candle holders when used with PartyLite candles because of the temperature difference. I have never had a problem with PartyLite holders breaking while in use.

CherryPie
11-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I *love* Scentsy.. *yum*

:thumbsup: Me too :giggle:

Ever since having kids I got some weird fire phobia, especially after having some Yankee Candles completely shatter even though they haven't been burning long and were not burned too low. :eek: I put my Scentsy warmers on a timer so its on in the morning and cuts off at night and call it a day.

Moo&LaLasMomma
11-04-2009, 04:50 PM
*scentsy* ... sighs its my new personal "crack". I buy at least 3 bars a pay day!!!

mummyto3girls
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I sell PartyLite, and obviously love it! To the pp that had problems with PartyLite products, did you burn a partylite candle in the holder? Because other candles burn hotter than PartyLite candles they are not recommended for use in PartyLite holders. PartyLite only warranties their candle holders when used with PartyLite candles because of the temperature difference. I have never had a problem with PartyLite holders breaking while in use.

I was going to say the same thing. We have SEVERAL partylite holders - wall sconces, jars, tea light holders, votive holders lol wayyy too many. Never had an issue. I use my wall sconces in my kitchen at least twice a week.

I looove the porch lemonade, strawberry fields, seaside mist, cinnamon sticks, frosted pines, acai berry mist, and cherry something or other

I have a ton of candles that I bought from several shows (my family kept doing them, it was like we went to one every month). I actually have a bunch of strawberry rhubarb that I need to get rid of though, I bought too many while pregnant and it turns out I don't like it when NOT preggy :giggle2:

terrismez
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Scentsy blows all candles away in my opinion - no smoke, soot or flame! Woot!!! And that was my ooinion before seeing and the reason I started selling - gotta support me habit - ha!

Miles
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
My friend used to sell partylights and doesnt any more. But she still buys them as she loves them!

I have found Mia Bella candles are rocking. Most of the time I dont even need to buy them to get the smell all over the house!

MT_ranch_mom
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I just wanted to say that candle wicks don't have lead. They advertise that they are lead free so that you buy them. It's an advertising ploy. Manufactures of wicks aren't allowed to use lead. The wick core is zinc (unless it's a wood wick candle, braided wick candle, or other specialty wick candle).

cococomey
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
:wub: :wub: :wub: I love Partylite---need to find someone having a party

cereal527
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM
:wub: :wub: :wub: I love Partylite---need to find someone having a party

not to spam you, but he new online system allows you to place an order on a consultant's website anytime you want, even if it's not part of a show, and the order gets shipped to you. Let me know if you want my link. :goodvibes:

cococomey
11-09-2009, 04:06 PM
not to spam you, but he new online system allows you to place an order on a consultant's website anytime you want, even if it's not part of a show, and the order gets shipped to you. Let me know if you want my link. :goodvibes:

hummm.........good to know, sure pm me the link and I will see if I can budget anything :giggle2:

kadydidit
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
yuck I hate my partylite candles, I had a party and bought a crap-top, and I like my Glade one from SaveMart much better, it smells better and burns longer. The only good thing is when my daughter gets ahold of them and trys to eat them they aren't toxic...

EricAisWicklesS
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Scentsy ALL THE WAY!

No FLAME! No SOOT! No LEAD! No DANGER!

Scents your home for a fraction of cost of anything else out there... and safe for your babies, kids, pets and HOME with a simple lightbulb in a beautiful warmer...

I also joined and became a consultant because I was SO addicted to this stuff I had to have it all... so now my house smells HEAVENLY all the time... Berry Blush yumyum!

ericam.scentsy.us

mom2LBJ
01-19-2010, 10:44 PM
:wub: I love Partylite also, but I don't burn any of mine :giggle: I just like them as decor. I have a ton of their candle holders all over the house & on the walls!
I also like yankee & circle e candles but just opening one of them can give me a headache. There is another one my sister started gifting me, Tyler candle co. I have no idea about how 'clean' they burn, but they smell great. I have the diva scent on a candle warmer in my kitchen and two of the car air fresheners in my suburban. I leave the candles open and only turn the warmers on when I feel like having more.

http://www.circleecandles.com/

cheeky
01-19-2010, 11:06 PM
i LOVE partylite! well, i used to sell, but used them before i started selling. i no longer sell, but will buy them if i have extra money.

all other brands smell cheap to me. the only ones other than partylite i'll buy are colonial candles. every once in a while glade might have something that doesn't smell like fake coverup, but usually any other brand smells too 'plasticy' or something.
i like the idea of scentsy, i haven't been able to smell them .. BUT i love burnining candles for that.. the smell and the warmth of a glowing REAL flame.
haha, on that note, i'd still buy scentsy if i had the chance =)

mecread
01-20-2010, 06:52 AM
I am a scentsy gal!

All it took was my DS (2 yr old) sticking his fingers in my Mia Bella candle while it was lit!!!!

Cymbaluk
02-08-2010, 10:49 AM
You need to check out Gold Canyon Candles they will blow all of these out of the water! Guaranteed! I'll even send you a free candle, because I'm so sure you'll love them, that you'll be back for more. If you prefer the No-flame method, we are the only company with pod warmers with timers. All of our "pods" come in puck form with covers, that melt right into the container so you can rotate scents whenever you want and you don't have to clean messy wax out of your warmer. Also, no annoying light bulbs that you have to change either!

When are candles are cool-wax burning candles, so like a mama above mentioned about her daughter sticking finger in candle...ours will not burn you, given flame is extinguished. I've stuck my finger in it several times to prove this! Great for small kids and pets!

Take a look at my site to learn more, the BEST on the market...guaranteed. And if you want me to send you a free candle...seriously, PM me and I'll ship it right out!

terrismez
02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
You need to check out Gold Canyon Candles they will blow all of these out of the water! Guaranteed! I'll even send you a free candle, because I'm so sure you'll love them, that you'll be back for more. If you prefer the No-flame method, we are the only company with pod warmers with timers. All of our "pods" come in puck form with covers, that melt right into the container so you can rotate scents whenever you want and you don't have to clean messy wax out of your warmer. Also, no annoying light bulbs that you have to change either!

When are candles are cool-wax burning candles, so like a mama above mentioned about her daughter sticking finger in candle...ours will not burn you, given flame is extinguished. I've stuck my finger in it several times to prove this! Great for small kids and pets!

Take a look at my site to learn more, the BEST on the market...guaranteed. And if you want me to send you a free candle...seriously, PM me and I'll ship it right out!

I used to love Gold Canyon...until I found Scentsy....two of my biggest customers are ex-Gold Canyon consultants and one person in my downline actually left Gold Canyon to sell Scentsy.....more variety, better prices & the compensation is a ton better were her reasons....:lostit:

Cymbaluk
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Really? That's great. Gold Canyon isn't for everyone, I've however had wonderful things happen for me with Gold Canyon, and I've made quite a healthy compensation from the company. I just looked at your site, and yes you have a large variety of warmer styles compared to Gold Canyon's 12 but we have a large variety of candles, 100+ fragrances, home decor, cleaning products, and beauty products...I don't understand where the consultant said more variety, unless she was focusing mainly on the warmers. As far as prices go, our warmers are the same price and our pods are $5.98 retail, (I offer at discount) and our candles and other products are very competitive with products of our quality in terms of pricing. I do however really like the idea of your plug in warmers...may have to mention that to corporate. I've been using bath and body plug-in's and let's just say quality is less than desired. I think we'll both agree to disagree on which company is better and what products are better...but that's great, because that's what makes us good at our job...we both truly believe in our products, and believe that we sell the best. So I think that's a fine place to be! Have a good one!

1sttimemommy
02-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Haven't read all the posts but I used to sell... I can tell you they're the only candles I feel safe burning around DS because they aren't as hot and won't burn him if somehow he gets hot wax on him. I've also NEVER had a problem with my holders... as long as I have used them w/ Plite candles!

angelisagemini
02-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I've never had a problem with my partylite holders. My mom has had many of hers for YEARS and they are all still perfect today. One year I got her the partylite nativity set...she bawled like a baby. It was a great moment!!

That being said I have moved on to scentsy. My son is so curious and has gone for candles before and now that he can reach all of our counters I switched. I'll probably go back to partylite someday because I love the candle glow but I'm so glad that for the years I need to worry about innocent little ones that I can still have a yummy smelling house!!!

angelisagemini
02-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Really? That's great. Gold Canyon isn't for everyone, I've however had wonderful things happen for me with Gold Canyon, and I've made quite a healthy compensation from the company. I just looked at your site, and yes you have a large variety of warmer styles compared to Gold Canyon's 12 but we have a large variety of candles, 100+ fragrances, home decor, cleaning products, and beauty products...I don't understand where the consultant said more variety, unless she was focusing mainly on the warmers. As far as prices go, our warmers are the same price and our pods are $5.98 retail, (I offer at discount) and our candles and other products are very competitive with products of our quality in terms of pricing. I do however really like the idea of your plug in warmers...may have to mention that to corporate. I've been using bath and body plug-in's and let's just say quality is less than desired. I think we'll both agree to disagree on which company is better and what products are better...but that's great, because that's what makes us good at our job...we both truly believe in our products, and believe that we sell the best. So I think that's a fine place to be! Have a good one!

I've never heard of Gold Canyon but I just wanted to say that this was an incredibly mature, and polite response. Very professional and it impressed me! If only everyone could maintain that level of composure online. :goodvibes:

vinsmommy
02-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Mmmmm loves me some partylite candles!

Macyllehub
02-08-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm a Scentsy lover.. and I know alot of people who work for their corporate office personally (their headquarters is in my town).

I also love Salt City Candles. :drif: I use them with a warmer.. I dont burn them.

Cymbaluk
02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Why Thank you very much Angel!

amy329
02-10-2010, 07:43 AM
I have never herd of gold canyon & I am a hugeee fan of candles! I usually shop at partylite because they have never disappointed me.I may have to check out gold canyon sometime.

heluvsme
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Butting in...can anyone tell me what the different brands are made from??? Natural or no? I'm looking for soy candles with essential oils right now because we have sensitivity issues here. Any info would be appreciated!

terrismez
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Butting in...can anyone tell me what the different brands are made from??? Natural or no? I'm looking for soy candles with essential oils right now because we have sensitivity issues here. Any info would be appreciated!

Scentsy uses a food-grade petroleum based wax. It was found to be superior in scent loading, firmness & melt point.

And since you don't "burn" the wax, you just warm it - it is not released into the air & therefore does not pollute our lungs & leave that icky soot floating around like all others do - natural or not.

yes, I love Scentsy!!!:lostit:

Cymbaluk
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM

FYI: Candle Science and Testing - Report on the Ökometric Wax and Emissions Study
A new internationally funded study on candle emissions has confirmed that well-made candles of all major wax types exhibit the same clean burning behavior and pose no discernible risks to human health or indoor air quality.
The independent laboratory tests, conducted at the Bayreuth Institute of Environmental Research in Germany (Ökometric GmbH) and completed in late 2007, constitute the most extensive and rigorous scientific investigation of candle emissions to date.

In carrying out the tests, reference candles made from paraffin, soy wax, stearin, palm wax and beeswax were burned in a specialized testing chamber.
Emission gases were analyzed for more than 30 chemicals known or suspected of toxicity, health risks or respiratory irritation at elevated concentrations.

Targeted chemical groups included dioxins and furans, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, short-chain aldehydes, and volatile organic compounds. Recorded emission levels were then compared to any known relevant indoor-air standards.

The study found all of the waxes burned cleanly and safely, with no appreciable differences in burning behavior. Their combustion byproducts were virtually identical in composition and quantity, with all emission levels registering far below the most restrictive of any applicable indoor-air standards.

A similar but less extensive study of paraffin, stearin and beeswax candles was conducted by the Bayreuth Institute in 1994.

By comparison, the 2007 study added soy and palm to the candle waxes tested, and expanded the target analytes to include an extensive number of volatile organic compounds as well as the polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, dioxins/furans and short-chain aldehydes investigated in 1994. No significant differences in candle emission behavior could be detected between the 1994 and 2007 investigations.

Significance of Study
The 2007 Ökometric study has greatly expanded the body of credible scientific data on candle emissions and burning behavior. In addition to demonstrating that the combustion byproducts of all major candle waxes are virtually identical in composition and quantity, the study reconfirms the lack of health or air-quality concerns with candles. A formal paper on the Ökometric study will be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal for publication.

FAQ
Should I be concerned about burning candles and the effect on my indoor air quality?
An internationally funded study on candle emissions performed in 2007 has confirmed that well-made candles of all major wax types pose no discernible risks to human health or indoor air quality.

In carrying out the tests, reference candles made from paraffin, soy wax, stearin, palm wax and beeswax were burned in a specialized testing chamber.
Emission gases were analyzed for more than 300 chemicals known or suspected of toxicity, health risks or respiratory irritation at elevated concentrations.

The study found all of the waxes burned cleanly and safely, with no appreciable differences in burning behavior. Their combustion byproducts were virtually identical in composition and quantity, with all emission levels registering far below the most restrictive of any applicable indoor-air standards.

Do soy candles burn cleaner than paraffin candles?
An internationally funded study on candle emissions performed in 2007 has confirmed that well-made candles of all major wax types exhibit the same clean burning behavior.
Again, the study found all of the waxes burned cleanly and safely, with no appreciable differences in burning behavior. Their combustion byproducts were virtually identical in composition and quantity, with all emission levels registering far below the most restrictive of any applicable indoor-air standards.

Cymbaluk
02-12-2010, 02:06 PM

With that said...Gold Canyon has now just introduced our new Essentially Soy Aromatherapy™ Here is some more information for you to see if our candles would meet your needs...

Made with a plant-based soy wax blend. Unwind with essential oil fragrances. Fragrances developed exclusively for our new soy wax blend to achieve a stronger fragrance throw than any other soy candle! Eco-friendly packaging.

Burn Time: 10 oz; 50-70 hours

Fragrance: Essentially Soy Aromatherapy™ candles contain a therapeutic blend of essential fragrance oils in a soy wax blend.

Wax: Plant-based soy wax blend is made from renewable resources, is specifically formulated for high fragranced candles and has a creamy opaque finish.

Wicks: Gold Canyon uses zinc core wicks that are made in the U.S.A. with a safety collar that extinguishes itself at the appropriate level and contains two wicks for a cleaner, more complete burn.

Features & Benefits
Plant Based Soy Wax – made from renewable resources, is specifically formulated for high fragranced candles and has a creamy opaque finish.

Exclusive Essential Oil Fragrances – Strongest burning soy candle on the market! We went to great lengths to create a quality, safe burn while ensuring that the fragrance throw met Gold Canyon‘s standards for fragrance.

Do soy wax candles burn at a hotter temperature than a paraffin wax blend candle?
Some other company's soy candles do require a higher temperature to melt, and may result in a hotter wax pool while burning. Gold Canyon‘s plant-based soy wax blend does not require a higher temperature in order to melt and fragrance a room. When formulating, Gold Canyon went to great efforts to
ensure a safe and quality burning candle for you and your family.

There is so much buzz about soy wax candles. What makes a soy wax candle better than a paraffin wax candle?
All types of candle waxes perform well, and will burn cleanly and safely when they are of high quality and when formulated to specifically pass ASTM International Standards. Gold Canyon manufactures and formulates our blends of waxes based on their suitability for our formulations.
We offer a variety of wax blends, including paraffin, soy, and vegetable.
Any of these types of wax are wonderful choices for candles. None are considered more environmentally friendly than the other, as there has never been scientific evidence that any of these specific waxes are harmful to your health in any way at all.

It is a personal choice of which type of wax blend you prefer. At Gold Canyon we ensure that regardless of the wax type used, the formulations will result in a clean burning, long lasting, safe and fragrant experience for you.

If you'd like more information, please go to my website www.mygc.com/thecandlesite to view our Essentially Soy design and view or available fragrances. Thanks and I hope I helped answer your question and didn't OVERLOAD you!:thumbsup:

Shele
12-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I was just researching on the internet soy candles and essential oils and different wicks, because Partylite has new 96% soy aromatherapy candles coming out Dec. 16. .

and I read a post from another company touting the benefits of zinc in thier wicks...I came across the following excerpt from an independent article..it was distressing to me, I don't want anybody sick from bad stuff burning...here's the copied and pasted section concerning zinc wicks....

Another reason you see black soot could have been the use of metal wicks. While no candle made in the US has lead, they can have zinc. Zinc wicks are not toxic like lead, but they will produce more soot than cotton or hemp wicks.

Partylite has one of the most state of the art research and development facilities for candles and fragrance in the world. Candle manufacturing and fragrance developement is not regulated by any US entity, so pretty much anything can be introduced to the marketplace, so buyer beware..

If you spend a little more on quality, whether it be Partylite, Yankee, or a host of others, you have some security in knowing better ingredients make a better product.

Partylite's new electric warmers offer a safety standard well above the other company who also sells warmers and wall plug in warmers..our newest plug in warmers DO NOT even use conventional light bulbs, so our warmers are cooler to the touch, the only heat produced is aimed specifically for the warmer dish where are scentglow melts are actively melting. The melts are five times as fragrant as Partylite regular candles and the warmers are cooler melting, so no chance of heat hazards at all...much safer than other electric warmers/melters....no Zinc in our wicks for our soy candles or our regular candles, just 100% cotton wicks, 96% soy in our new soy candles, which burn as cool as our regular candles, and a little known fact..

PARTYLITE'S REGULAR CANDLES THAT HAVE BEEN MANUFACTURED IN THE UNITED STATES FOR 100+ YEARS CONTAIN 30% SOY...That is more soy than many "Soy" candles on the market actually contain...so do your homework as you make your purchasing decision.

Partylite is also one of the best companies to work for in the US, and our Home office staff are comprised of the friendliest, hardest working men and women to be found in the unite states..Partylite is such a good company to work for, that many employees have been with them for many, many years..I have been on thier "Sales force" for 10+ years, and I can tell you the names of the customer service reps who help me with issues never change, they are treated so well, they are happy and happy to support us, the sales force...I am very proud to represent such a wholesome, proactive, hard working company..