PDA

View Full Version : Updated- Chemical Preg ;(

Mommy2JJ
01-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Okay so I took a test two days ago with a First Response used FMU and got a very faint positive within a couple minutes, but very faint. Next morning, same thing very faint....oh and my period is due today....Well FR are expensive especially when you are a POAS addict like me, so I went and bought a few Dollar Tree tests yesterday.....took one this morning and nothing, but it isn't as sensitive.

Today still no AF....feel a little crampy off and on like AF is coming but then don't. So I had to buy more FR since I did get two faint positives.....I took one when we got home, def. not FMU, and it was negative. I am soo confused....I wish AF would just come and show her ugly face or I'd get another line!! I am hoping this doesn't mean something is wrong with my levels if I am pregnant being that I got two lines and then nothing....could it mean I might have an early miscarriage??

My plan is to take another FR (good thing I got 3 in the pack) in the morning with with FMU, but I wonder if it really makes that much of a difference, my SIL thought so.

Okay I feel better I am driving myself nuts here.....I have decided next month if I am not preggo there will be NO testing early :laugh: .....just had to vent and have no where else to vent...I just want to know either way!!

rizomomof4
01-20-2007, 05:12 PM
was it one of them 5 day early ones ?? they never worked good for me i always got a VERY faint line i got a wal mart one and it worked TONS better then the early one did

Mommy2JJ
01-20-2007, 05:54 PM
was it one of them 5 day early ones ?? they never worked good for me i always got a VERY faint line i got a wal mart one and it worked TONS better then the early one did

Both that I got a faint line on were First Response's.....I did a Dollar Tree one this morning and neg.....I used a First Response Early one with Jackson and it worked.

My SIL told me that the darkness of the line doesn't mean that your levels are higher or lower?? Still though I got two faints then nothing?? :headscratch:

dirtdartwife
01-20-2007, 06:01 PM
if there is a line, then it's a line, regardless of how pink. Only OPK's are determined by the strength of the pink line.

I'd check out www.peeonastick.com and see about how sensitive those other tests compare. I've had a chemical pregnancy a year ago where I used two EPT's and got two lines but then used two more (different) tests and got negatives. So I went and got a blood test done and they said "Levels not quantitative." meaning there was something there, but not registering high enough to consider it a positive. Then 4 days later, I got my period and it was slightly heavier than normal and lasted two days longer than normal.

Good luck mama and hope you get a BFP soon!!! :hugs:

Mommy2JJ
01-20-2007, 06:12 PM
if there is a line, then it's a line, regardless of how pink. Only OPK's are determined by the strength of the pink line.

I'd check out www.peeonastick.com and see about how sensitive those other tests compare. I've had a chemical pregnancy a year ago where I used two EPT's and got two lines but then used two more (different) tests and got negatives. So I went and got a blood test done and they said "Levels not quantitative." meaning there was something there, but not registering high enough to consider it a positive. Then 4 days later, I got my period and it was slightly heavier than normal and lasted two days longer than normal.

Good luck mama and hope you get a BFP soon!!! :hugs:

I am kind of wondering if something like that is going on with me right now too. I have been cramping on and off the last couple days and now when I go the bathroom I usually have some brownish blood just a tiny but....but I did get positives, but nothing more and it looks like af is on her way....if something doesn't happen by Monday I wil definitely call my doc.

I think I am going to go ahead and have a big ole Margarita tonight....I need it and I really am thinking it's not going to stick :cry: ....guess we will hope for a Halloween baby!!

Mommy2JJ
01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
So still no AF today!! Not cramping either, but don't really feel preggo either. I didn't test this morning and now I wish I would have. I am spotting a brown not red at all and not enough to need a liner just very light.

So anyway I still have two first response tests left so I guess in the morning I will use one. I thought if I didn't get a + or eve if I did I'd make an appt. for a blood test, but my mom really thinks it would be a waste of money, and there wouldn't be much I could do either way?? I just figure if I am pregnant and I am spotting wouldn't they want to check me out??

My SIL thought if I were stressing it would cause my period to not come, but I am really not......I will be okay either way if I am not preggo this time I am going to hope for a lil Halloween baby! Any advice??

Mommy2JJ
01-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Pretty sure it was a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage.......AF came today and has been kind of more heavy then normal and having a lot of cramps still, usually I don't have any at all or very mild.

I am kind of a hormonal mess...not because of what happened, I mean the rollercoaster part is what was the worst and knowing I was pregnant and now I am not sucks....but I am just in a b*tchy mood. I quit taking my Prozac when I got the first positive Wed.....b/c I thought I was pregnant and I didn't want to take it, I usually am better mood wise when I am preggo, so I think with the hormones and that I am just a mess lol.

No one is probably even reading this either....but incase anyone wondered I thought I'd update.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
01-21-2007, 10:24 PM
there is a mama selling the dip stick preg tests 3x$1

Mommy2JJ
01-21-2007, 10:29 PM
there is a mama selling the dip stick preg tests 3x$1

Oh well I know I am not preggo anymore so I don't need anymore tests.....:cry:

Mommy2JJ
01-22-2007, 09:38 AM
okay I guess no one does really care :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hayley
01-22-2007, 09:40 AM
:hugs: Sorry momma! I hope you feel better! Get the sticks anyway you could become PG in the future!

kugrinic
01-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I care and I am really sorry. I am afraid of the same thing; AF is due tomarrow and although 6 test show a light positive there is still that thought. Its really common I hear and I know next time I wont test early; its too much pressure KWIM?

HUGS TO YOU:hugs:

lombardowa
01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
:hugs: I'm sorry mama

zonapellucida
01-22-2007, 10:02 AM
((((Hugs))))) from a fellow addict and good luck

allye
01-22-2007, 10:11 AM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: girl im so sorry...

kht2006
01-22-2007, 10:14 AM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: i'm so sorry mama

JustReading
01-22-2007, 10:15 AM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I understand what you are going through mama! Big hugs and good luck ttc!

veganmamma
01-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Hugs Mama. :hugs:

Mommy2JJ
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks Mamas.....I re-read what I wrote and I sound like a whinner saying poor me. I am not like that usually.....other stuff going on in my life and I am just a kind of a basket case lately lol.

kugrinic- I don't think you'd be getting that many faint positives I got two and then one day it was nothing at all. ((((Sticky Baby Vibes)))))

sarahannecloud9
01-23-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm terribly sory hunny. TTC is such a hard thing. We're all with ya! Feel free to vent all ya like, that's what we're her for ok! Huggs and prayery comin' your way!!

jls~Kain~Drake
01-23-2007, 07:52 AM
:hugs:

bubblesteach
01-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Pretty sure it was a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage.......AF came today and has been kind of more heavy then normal and having a lot of cramps still, usually I don't have any at all or very mild.

I am kind of a hormonal mess...not because of what happened, I mean the rollercoaster part is what was the worst and knowing I was pregnant and now I am not sucks....but I am just in a b*tchy mood. I quit taking my Prozac when I got the first positive Wed.....b/c I thought I was pregnant and I didn't want to take it, I usually am better mood wise when I am preggo, so I think with the hormones and that I am just a mess lol.

No one is probably even reading this either....but incase anyone wondered I thought I'd update.

Don't feel bad mama the same thing happend to me. Chemical pregnancy's don't exist. That's just a term doctors use to hurt our feelings and make us think it's no big deal. The fact is...it is a big deal and it can be very hurtful when it happens. Having an early mc is still a mc. Yes, it's early and you tend to just have a heavier period but it's still painful in your heart because even though it's just a teeny tiny cell it's still "your baby". I am so sorry this happened to you. When it happened to me I was so upset and my doctor didn't even care. I was so upset by the lack of compassion she had towards me that I walked out while she was still talking. Because it was so early I bounced back really fast. I too got the faint lines and the delayed period with a heavier flow. I was just so devistated because I had kind of gotten my hopes up. Anways now that I've put in my :2cents: I just have this to say. You had a baby in your belly if only for a day or so. That little baby will be waiting for you in heaven. I will keep you in my prayers because I know how hard this is. Once you feel better you should go get that margarita you were talking about. Yum, yum! You deserve it.

crazyda79
01-23-2007, 05:21 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I have been in your shoes mama and now exactly how it feels! I am so sorry this has happened and send sticky vibes for next month!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sweetforestcat
01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
oh I am sorry mama. HUgs to you. Although I must say that FRER are notorious for false positives and Dollar tree tests are measured at 25MIU which is very low. I consider dollar tree test accurate since that is what I used the past 6 months.

Maybe next month will be your month! I hope so!

dirtdartwife
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Don't feel bad mama the same thing happend to me. Chemical pregnancy's don't exist. That's just a term doctors use to hurt our feelings and make us think it's no big deal. The fact is...it is a big deal and it can be very hurtful when it happens. Having an early mc is still a mc. Yes, it's early and you tend to just have a heavier period but it's still painful in your heart because even though it's just a teeny tiny cell it's still "your baby". I am so sorry this happened to you. When it happened to me I was so upset and my doctor didn't even care. I was so upset by the lack of compassion she had towards me that I walked out while she was still talking. Because it was so early I bounced back really fast. I too got the faint lines and the delayed period with a heavier flow. I was just so devistated because I had kind of gotten my hopes up. Anways now that I've put in my :2cents: I just have this to say. You had a baby in your belly if only for a day or so. That little baby will be waiting for you in heaven. I will keep you in my prayers because I know how hard this is. Once you feel better you should go get that margarita you were talking about. Yum, yum! You deserve it.

I'm right here with this mama in that the term is a harsh one. The doc I saw that told me my test was "not quantitative" was a bastard about it and if I could reach through the phone I could have choked him. I was still hurt but at the same time, I knew that it wasn't to be that month (my DH had deployed that month for a one year tour... so not that it's unusual to have a baby alone, I was kinda glad I didn't have to be one to do it, kwim?)

I'm sorry you felt as if no one was reading this thread. I haven't been on DS much at all the past week so I hope that you are feeling better by the time you read this post. :hugs: :hugs: :goodvibes:

Mommy2JJ
01-24-2007, 09:56 PM

Thank you so much Mama, you said it exactly. I didn't deal with a doctor or anything, but people kept trying to tell me "well that's not really a miscarriage"...but it IS, I was pregnant if even only for two days.

I am doing much better, my hormones sure went crazy through all this too.

Thanks everyone for your hugs and replies and sorry I was so emotional :blush:

*~Mindy~*
01-24-2007, 10:14 PM
yeah i hate that or "oh well!" :sigh:
its not an oh well, it still your baby!!

i hope youre okay and hope your body is okay and you get that sticky pos you want when youre ready to now :goodvibes:

nikkiof5
01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
:hugs: Sorry momma...Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
01-25-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm so sorry mama, i havent been in here since my last post to you, i try to stay away sionce im not pg and it depresses me, :bighug: to you and i hope you can get pg again really fast

Mommy2JJ
01-25-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm so sorry mama, i havent been in here since my last post to you, i try to stay away sionce im not pg and it depresses me, :bighug: to you and i hope you can get pg again really fast

:bighug: to you too Mama!! I hope we both get our BFP's next month!!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
01-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Thanks girl :) me too, babydust all around:goodvibes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/Daniels_Mommy/BabyDustTink.gif

debbidala
01-25-2007, 03:26 AM
I'm so sorry about your loss. I had a "chemical pregnancy" (also hate that term) the month before I conceived my twins, and I was devastated, and incredibly hormonal. Your mind and body know it was real, even if others don't understand. Good luck next month!

amielia80
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I am sorry to here that :( :hugs: to you I know how much this hurts!
I know I am a little late in saying this too..but I havn't been back here in a little while. I hope you are feeling better!!!