PDA

View Full Version : Blessed with Children but Struggling for More (Children mentioned) week of Dec 16 -22

3 ladybugs
12-16-2009, 03:25 AM
This thread is for women that have children and are either dealing with secondary infertility or have had children after dealing with primary infertility and know that treatment is the only way they will have more children. We also have women that due to either prior losses, or infertility don't feel like they should join a due date board till after the first trimester (12 weeks).

Please join us for a chat on Monday at 3pm EDT (2 CDT, 1 MDT, 12 noon PDT) or Thursday at 4pm EDT (3 CDT, 2 MDT, 1 PDT). If you get there before me please create an open to anyone room titled "Blessed with children but struggling". Conversely this is where you will find us. :goodvibes:

Please note: I am mostly monitoring this thread and not active in it so if you need anything changed on here just post a message to me (3 ladybugs or Jennifer) when replying to other people and I will update you. :goodvibes: I may be delayed on updating on December 21-24. I will start the new thread when I feel well enough to do so.

Last thread can be found here (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888115).

This (http://freecal.brownbearsw.com/BWCBSFM?Op=ShowIt) is our calendar. Please add your information to it as you see fit.

Women TTC: :ttc: :noaf:

Screen Name: bccc624
Age (SO): 23 (DF) 29
Current Children and ages: DD (18 months)
Lost Children and dates: None
Diagnosis: Late Ovulation
Treatment and Meds: None as of now
Next Appointment: Yearly Exam 12/23/09
Cycles TTC another child: 1

Screen Name: boobybaby
Age (SO):
Current Children and age: Marissa 16, Dylan 13, & Ethan 5mths
Lost Children and date: Grant born at 34wks 7/1/07-7/21/07
Diagnosis: Unexplained infertility, possible PCOS Ethan's our Gonal-F baby
Treatment and Meds: Currently none, still bf but af has arrived for us already
Next appt: n/a
Cycles TTC another child: Just starting, af finally came for the second mth in a row and seems like she may be on schedule. I hope I o without meds this time.

Screen Name: chmom77
Age (SO): 30 (DH 35)
Current Children and age: DD (2 yrs old)
Lost Children and dates:
Diagnosis: PCOS, endometriosis, arcuate septum, uterine polyps, MTHFR (all me) and varicoseles (DH).
Treatment and meds: prenatals, Folgard, baby aspirin, moving from injectables w/ IUI to IVF
Next Appointment: Baseline ultrasound Dec. 22, IVF consult December 28, Dec. 30 - Sign concent forms & freeze DH's sperm, January 22 - start stims.
Cycles TTC another: 9 months (7 cycles)

Screen Name: doodle19
Age (SO): 24 (DH 24)
Current Children and ages: Chloe Elizabeth turning 2 January 19th.
Lost Children and dates: M/C 9 wks 5 days (9-1-09)
Diagnosis: undiagnosed
Treatment and Meds: None at this time. Doctor expects no problems in the future, we'll see.
Next Appointment:
Cycles TTC another child:

Screen Name: Elisabeth1017
Age (SO):
Current Children and ages: Levi (27 months)
Diagnosis: Unknown but polycystic
Treatment and Meds: Clomid with timed intercoarse
Next appointment:
Cycles TTC another child: 10 months

Screen Name: HRM's MOM
Age (SO):
Current Children and ages: DD
Lost Children and Dates: 3 angel children
Diagnosis:
Treatment and Meds: IVF
Next Appointment:

Screen name: katedanzer
Age (SO):
Current Children and age: Kaitlyn (8), Genny (6), Eli (3)
Lost children and dates: Angel 12/05, Angel 5/05
Diagnosis: MTHFR & unexplained infertility
Treatment and meds: We're doing femara 5 mg 3-12, trigger, progesterone & lovenox. I think I'm going to elect to do an IUI, just makes me feel more like we're doing everything.
Next appointment:
Cycles TTC another:

Screen name: katina128
Age (SO):
Current Children and age: Nathan will be 9 on 12-6 and Zachary is 6
Lost children and dates: Rachel Marie 9-19-09 @26wks, 4 other earlier losses: 11/99 6wks, 4/00 7wks Nathan's twin, 9/11/02 12 wks, 4/09 6wks Rachel's twin
Diagnosis: Hypothyroid, PCOS, IR, waiting on chromosomal analysis and blood clotting testing
Treatment and Meds: Bravelle 225ius, HCG trigger and IUI
Next appointment:
Cycles trying to have another: including Rachel's pregnancy, 27 months

Screen name: ktarsha
Age (SO):
Current children and age: Sam (3.5 years old)
Lost children and dates: d&c for blighted ovum, 11/07; 12-week miscarriage at the hospital, 5/08; 10-week miscarriage at home, 9/08; 5-week miscarriage at home, 12/08
Diagnosis: none, really. I was able to save the fetus from the 10-week loss for testing, and he had trisomy-13, but no idea what caused the others. I'm still irked at the hospital for not suggesting that we keep the 12-week fetus for testing.
Treatment and meds: none (I took Clomid to get pregnant with my son, because my cycles were completely wacko, but all the other pregnancies were achieved with no drugs.)
Next appointment: n/a
Cycles ttc another: we've just this month started TTC again after a nearly year-long break following the last miscarriage. I'm sort of the the 2ww, because I *think* I ovulated last Sunday or Monday, but I'm not positive.

Screen Name: MommyKeller0107
Age (SO): 20 (DH 22)
Current Children and ages: Kade Maddox, turning 3 January 24,2010!
Lost Children and dates: Early M/C @ 4.5 weeks (May 09), Missed M/C @ 8w - D&C 13w (Oct 09)
Diagnosis: Early M/C - Progesterone issues; otherwise undiagnosed.
Treatment and Meds: None at this time. Doctors believe since I am "young" and have had a child in the past, that there is nothing to worry about.. I think that time will prove them wrong.
Next Appointment: 12/3/09 - First RE visit.
Cycles TTC another:

Screen Name: MonkeyBunns
Age (SO):
Current Children and age: Monkey (name I use online-DS 18 months)
Lost Children and dates: 2 known miscarriages-One lost at 8 weeks 5/07, One lost at 4 weeks 8/09
Diagnosis: Low progesterone
Treatment and meds: Progesterone starting cd 14 on through end of cycle or 13 weeks of pregnancy. Praying for it to shorten my cycles! My mom, grandma, etc all experienced secondary infertility. I was an only child
Next Appointment:
Cycles TTC another: 6

Screen Name: moonglowdesigns
Age (SO): 27 (DH 33)
Current Children and age: Ds (8yrs), Ds (4yrs), Ds (2yrs)
Lost Children and dates: 2 angels, (04 and 09)
Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility
Treatment and meds: The VA finally approved DH getting an SA since he is now on some pretty hefty meds! We are waiting on the ppwk to see when/where we get to have it done. I've had day 3 bloodwork and all was clear, so my OB refuses to go farther till we've gone 12 cycles charting.
Next Appointment:
Cycles TTC another: 1yr, 5 cycles natural, 7 cycles charting.

Screen name: McMamma38
Age (SO):
Current children and age: Jim~15 yrs old and Sarah~4 yrs old
Lost children and dates: natural m/c April '04 at 8 weeks,Megan Grace born to heaven 6-05-07 (nueral tube defect anencephaly),2nd m/c Nov'08 at 5 weeks 6 days,3rd m/c in May'09 at 5 weeks and 4th m/c in August'09~4 weeks 3 days All m/c natural/at home
Diagnosis: type 2 diabetes(dx Dec 2000),Pcos and low thyroid condition(dx March '04)
Treatment and meds: 150 mcg Synthriod for thyroid,30 mg Actos,2,500 mg Metformin,Novolog and Novolin N insulin,daily baby aspirin,Rx Folic acid(4 mg),prenatals,B complex vitamin,Omega 3's and Clomid 100 mg on cd#3-7
Next appointment: None at this time
Cycles ttc another: 27 months+ or since Gracie was born to heaven.

Screen Name: napua
Age (SO): 29 (DH 29)
Current Children and age: DD (8 years), DS (3 years)
Lost children and dates: Twin to DS (2006)
Diagnosis: Unexplained
Treatment and Meds: Repronex with trigger then timed intercoarse
Next appointment: December 3
Cycles TTC another: 3 years NTNP

Screen Name: rachaeljohnson
Age (SO): 26 (DH 26)
Current Children and age: Loralei (2)
Lost children and dates: Twins (March 09' 5w and April 09' 8.5w partial molar), MC (8 weeks September 2009)
Diagnosis: PCOS Poor egg quality, fibroid, endometriosis
Treatment and meds: 100 mg Clomid days 2-6 and progesterone starting 3dpo and daily baby asprin.
Next appointment: Dec. 22nd 2pm to discuss trying something different next month if bfn on 3rd cycle of 100mg clomid.
Cycles TTC another: 14 months...7 cycles...had to sit a couple out after mc and missed one while dh was on a business trip

Screen Name: sblakeley
Age (SO): 29 (DH 26)
Current Children and age: Lotte 2
Lost Children and date: none
Diagnosis: ovarian cancer (in remission 2 years since 12/3/07)
Treatment and Meds: prenatal vit, cod liver oil, flax seed oil, co q-10, glucosmine, shark cartlidge, b stress complex, calcium
Next appt: IUD removal 12/17, 12/28 oncologist and cardiologist

Screen name: sweetpeaboutique
Age (SO):
Current Children and age: Kaitlin 10, Courtney 9
Lost children and date: none
Diagnosis: unexplained infertility
Treatment and meds: none... just using the CBEF monitor... dh wants to leave it all up to God.
Next appointment: none... see above...
Cycles ttc another: 6 years

Women Pregnant and praying to make it. :crossfingers: :preggo: :pray: If you need to be added to this list please give your EDD and the date you will be 12 weeks. Thank you! To find out how many weeks you are use this link (http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/duedate/).

Screen Name: Swimmingly
Age (SO): 31 (DH 31)
Current Children and age: DD 2 years old
Lost Childrenand date: none, I have only succeeded in getting pregnant once.
Diagnosis: Irregular cycles for me, low sperm count for DH.
Treatment and meds: 50 mg Clomid cd 3-7 with IUI
Next Appointment: will be my first OB appt at 8 weeks! (haven't scheduled it yet)
12 weeks date: February 14, 2010
EDD: August 15, 2010

Screen Name: tazzae
Age (SO): 32 (33)
Current Children and ages: DD (5 1/2 years)
Lost Children and dates: 3 miscarriages--3/07 10 weeks, 9/08 16 weeks, 2/09 5 weeks
Diagnosis: unknown cause, fetuses presented with cystic hygroma
Treatment and Meds: none
Next Appointment: haven't made one yet
Cycles TTC another child: TTC #2 since 11/06
12 week date: Feb. 6, 2010
EDD: August 21, 2010?

:hide: :cheerleader2: :grouphug: Lurkers / Waiting to TTC Another / Graduated Members / Cheerleaders:hide: :cheerleader2:
Screen name: aleesh_mom
Age (SO): 29 (DH 37)
Current Children and age: M~14, O~12, N~3, P~1 year
Lost children and dates: Q~lost 8/31/09 at 11 weeks (partial natural miscarriage, partial in-office D&C)
Diagnosis: Undetermined, but have low TSH levels. Prior infertility could have been caused by a urethral stricture in DH

Screen name: jenvbear
Age (SO): 29 (DH 30)
Current Children and age: Aiden (3 1/2 years), Keira (20 mos)
Lost children and dates: Angel #1 (m/c at 4 wks 3/4/09) Angel #2 (m/c at 9 wks 6/30/09)
Diagnosis: Luteal Phase Defect
Treatment and meds: Tried clomid for 3 cycles all BFN's (last one with estradiol). TAB from meds and did vitex 400mg once daily until O on 9th cycle. Progesterone suppositories through end of first tri, Prenatals, calcium and a DHA supp, LDA, 200mg B6, 500 mcg B12, EPO for CM.
Cycles TTC another: 10 mos, 9 cycles. BFP on 9th cycle at 9 dpo.
EDD: July 27, 2010

Screen name: Sophiasmomma
Age (SO):
Current Children and age: DD-5 DS-3
Lost children and dates: miscarriages 6/08-13 weeks & 12/05 10 weeks
Diagnosis: Undetermined
Treatment and meds: I had all the bloodwork done only to all come back fine. My Dr is blaming it on the MC ratio with bad luck but I dont feel the same way I think its a clottin gissue since the fetus grows one week, not the next. this time I am taking 1 baby asprin a day extra folic acid and never missing prenatal and vit D.
I had been on Metformin for being borderline PCOS but the cycle we concieved I didnt take it because I was on a break form TTC.
I took alot of Vit D limited sugar and it sems as though I ovulated very early in my cycle.
EDD: July 2, 2010

Screen Name: taralee2001
Age (SO):
Current Children and age: Danica, 1
Lost Children and date:
Diagnosis: PCOS
Treatment and meds: Clomid 100mg on cd5-9
Cycles TTC another: 2, but one was 5 months long!
EDD: July 9, 2010

Screen name: 3 Ladybugs
Age (SO): 33 (DH 34)
Current Children and age: Maximillian (14 months)
Lost children and dates: Christopher (lived 28 minutes, July 31, 2006), Alexander (lived 11 days. Died August 11, 2006), Emily (lived 5 months 5 days. Died January 5, 2007), "Baby D" (Miscarried, September 2007)
Diagnosis: Insulin Resistant, Non-PCOS, Unexplained infertilty, DH has had bad motility with high count but last count was good. Lymphoma NLPHL and/or T/HRBCL.
Treatment and meds: Ultimately a Frozen Embryo Transfer, Fish Oil, Duet DHAec (prenatal), Vit. C, Vit. E. Will have Lupron, Estrace, Glucophage, Prometrium and Progestrone in Ethyl Olyate for cycle. However for now I am starting R-CHOP chemotherapy 12/21/09.
Cycles TTC another: First "take home child" - 3 months short of 5 years. Looks like next child will be about 4 years younger then Max. Follow my story here (http://www.jacea.blogspot.com).

3 ladybugs
12-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Tara and Shelly - I have moved you to a cheerleading role. Please let me know if you feel you should be elsewhere or if you are not following the thread anymore. :goodvibes:

Sarah - I would definately call your RE up and demand a beta before Monday! Though knowing my RE he would still make me wait till monday. :banghead: It is at least worth a try.

Ashley - Thank you for the offer. I do knit, mostly crochet, and I have thought about making a hat for myself that way. I actually made Emily (DD) 2 hats in about a day when she was in the hospital... an adult hat can't take longer then that I wouldn't think. :giggle:

AFM - Wish me luck as I am bringing Max to my doctor by myself today. They want him to wear a mask but I am just going to put his rain canopy on his stroller. I can't imagine that wouldn't be good enough. :headscratch:

Finally I have a riddle for you. It has always bugged me. It involves shipping. I am tracking something that was shipped from Rockville, Maryland (outside DC) to Philadelphia, PA. It is being shipped overnight. It went from Maryland to Newark, New Jersey and is now in Philadelphia.... waiting for you to get a map... got it? Good! Why does this work this way? Doesn't that seem a little silly?

Normally this isn't an issue. However when I got married it was a HUGE issue. I ordered a cake from Juniors in NYC. The cake went from NYC to Philadelphia then to Boston. :headscratch: I have no idea why it had to go to Philadelphia. However this little detour made it so my cake got stuck in the snow storm that ultimately gave me 27 inches on my wedding day. The storm approached from the west and Philly is most definately west of NYC. They were able to get it out (only to get it stuck in Boston airport for a while before finally arriving at my reception site) but it has always puzzled me when I have seen shipments go crazy directions like this. :headscratch:

rachaeljohnson
12-16-2009, 06:07 AM
jennifer-so strange...i have no idea. Like when we wanted to fly to jamaica for our honeymoon and we would leave out of dulles (dc) fly to upstate NY, then to jamaica...so instead we left from baltimore and got a direct flight.

Ashley-aww thanks..i LOVE gilmore girls too and dh is German and Loralei is a german name meaning one who lures men to their death...that cracks me up! I hope you get a healthy pregnancy very soon and LOVE hte names you have. I would just love twins at this point...even though they always scared me in the past. GL with all your crafts this month. I wish Lor would start pt. She has no interest!!!

Sarah-wahoo! I would call and see if you can get in Friday. :) So psyched for you!

AFM-cd 3 and AF is lightening up...2nd dose of clomid and the clomid high temps started this morning (do you ladies just discard these...that's what i have been doing). Preparing my list of questions for the RE next tuesday and psyched my insurance is going to cover the injectibles. Wahoo. My cold is slowly getting better...think i am off to bible study this morning. I need to get out of the house...this part of the cycle is soooo slow!

doodle19
12-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Jennifer- that's really weird, don't know why they did that.

Sarah- I can remember you from the TTC board ATTS when I was trying for the one I lost, you've been waiting a long time mama....I hope this is it for you.

Rachael-That's great that your insurance is going to cover injectibles

AFM- Up throughout the night, poor DH can't fight off this bug and was in the bathroom around the clock. I caved this morning at 5 am when I was desperate to pee and POAS. Stark white, not even anything to squint at. I'm testing again this weekend, the hag should be here Tuesday...boo. I'm going to temp this cycle( like in the past) and maybe do some other things. Any suggestions, supplements?

bccc624
12-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Jennifer ~ I've filled in all the blanks on my info for you! :goodvibes:

Screen Name: bccc624
Age (SO): 23 (DF) 29
Current Children and ages: DD (18 months)
Diagnosis: Late Ovulation
Treatment and Meds: None as of now
Next Appointment: Yearly Exam 12/23/09
Cycles TTC another child: 1

AFM-cd 3 and AF is lightening up...2nd dose of clomid and the clomid high temps started this morning (do you ladies just discard these...that's what i have been doing). Preparing my list of questions for the RE next tuesday and psyched my insurance is going to cover the injectibles. Wahoo. My cold is slowly getting better...think i am off to bible study this morning. I need to get out of the house...this part of the cycle is soooo slow!

Glad AF is lightening up for you! I'm really hoping this cycle is your BFP!

AFM- Up throughout the night, poor DH can't fight off this bug and was in the bathroom around the clock. I caved this morning at 5 am when I was desperate to pee and POAS. Stark white, not even anything to squint at. I'm testing again this weekend, the hag should be here Tuesday...boo. I'm going to temp this cycle( like in the past) and maybe do some other things. Any suggestions, supplements?

:hugs: Hopefully DH will get over his bug soon! And :hugs: for the BFN. Quite possibly it's just too early! Hoping for a BFP for you soon!

AFM ~ Just CD2 for me here. Nothing to report really other than I hate Oing late! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I'm thinking of trying something to help me O earlier. Any suggestions? Soy maybe?

taralee2001
12-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Jennifer, I was just coming here today to ask to be moved to a cheerleader because I finally had an appointment yesterday and all was well. You can add my EDD as July 9th.

I do still come here and read and stalk and pray for all you ladies. I just don't often have much to say. So I just come and read and think baby thoughts and pray for you all.

MommyKeller0107
12-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Sarah :yay: I can't wait for your betas!!!!!

rachaeljohnson
12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
doodle-big hugs! I would temp and do opks...that's all i have though, maybe someone will have more ideas! Hope dh feels better soon.

Brandi-i hear you...oing late sucks. Clomid if you can get your dr. to prescribe it. Mine considers ovulation after cd 18 late...so he would give it to you. Hope AF is being nice!

Tara-wahoo!

AFM-is it nap time yet? LOL

katedanzer
12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
My test line was as dark as the control line this morning, so I did get my beta moved up to Friday. We could potentially have more then 1, but last cycle I had 3 eggs and nothing caught. So we'll see, repeat beta will be next Monday and depending on numbers I'll get an u/s at 7 weeks or just get my referral to my peri.

Shaye- Sorry about the BFN :( :hugs: As for supplements, I have been doing prenatal, 500 mg B12, 100 mg B6, 2 tabs folic acid and baby aspirin after O for the longest time. I just added in the extra protein this month. Not sure if it helped, but my RE said it couldn't hurt as long as you don't overdo it :dunno:

Brandi- I took soy and it was the only month I O'd on cd 18 (normal was cd 14) :banghead: So definitely not a success for me. I've heard that vitex can help regulate your cycle. You're just not supposed to use it if you're on other meds (ie clomid)

Rachael- That's awesome you have insurance coverage! The 2 vials I bought of Gonal-F where $150 :yikes: I didn't end up needing them either. Lots PPT you end up not needing to go that route :hugs: Are you doing an IUI and trigger this month?

rachaeljohnson
12-16-2009, 11:22 AM
sarah-i don't know about this cycle. All he planned was the 100mg of clomid and prog. from 3dpo on. But, i meet with him tuesday to discuss what next month if this 3rd and final dose of clomid doesn't work...and i am hoping he will be receptive to trying IUI this month. I should O between the 28 and the 31st (judging by when i od the 2 times on 100mg clomid) so the office would be open for iui. Is there any advantage to the trigger? I guess it lets them know for sure when you will ovulate. My fear is i will get a bfp opk on sunday the 27th before i can get in and do a trigger/iui...and on the 23rd my eggs wouldn't probably not be even close to ready to trigger. Oye. Strange time of year for all the logistics of this crap.

bccc624
12-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Brandi-i hear you...oing late sucks. Clomid if you can get your dr. to prescribe it. Mine considers ovulation after cd 18 late...so he would give it to you. Hope AF is being nice!

AFM-is it nap time yet? LOL

I don't know if my doctor would even talk to me because I'm just on my first cycle off BC. I guess a phone call wouldn't hurt though.

Brandi- I took soy and it was the only month I O'd on cd 18 (normal was cd 14) :banghead: So definitely not a success for me. I've heard that vitex can help regulate your cycle. You're just not supposed to use it if you're on other meds (ie clomid)

Hmm, I don't know about the soy then. The last thing I need is to O later than I am already!

doodle19
12-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Rachael- OPK's and temping it is.

Sarah- Hooray for beta tomorrow! I think I'll start a prenatal(I need to be taking a vitamin anyway) what does baby asprin do?

Bandi- sorry I'm no help, I know nothing about Soy.

AFM- Had a good day off work and just spending time with DD. Got some more Chirstmas shopping done and swung by the library. We got there just in time for preschoolers storytime so I took DD over. Can I just say she loved it! She sat so good and listened to the stories(she loves being read to at home)and then got to color a Christmas tree puzzle with markers. I think I'm going to start going every Wednesday. Oh DH seems to be doing better this afternoon

bccc624
12-16-2009, 02:40 PM
No worries doodle!

I just put a call in to my OBGYN and I'm awaiting a call back. I'm hoping they will talk to me about Oing late and my long cycle. I'm hoping they will talk to me about it since this is my first cycle off BC after having my daughter. But it took us like 2.5 years to get pg with our daughter.

jenvbear
12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Jennifer- That is really strange :headscratch: . No idea why stuff gets the US tour when shipping, lol. GL at your appt today. I hope Max does well for you.

Rach- I discarded them (high clomid temps) too. They totally screwed up my chart too if I didn't.

doodle- I'm really big on vitex right now, lol. I tried several cycles on my own and had two losses. Then did 3 rounds of clomid with no luck. I got my BFP the first month I tried vitex. Maybe that would be a good place to start. You can take 400-1200 mg's a day. I did 400 from the beginning of my cycle till after O when I started my progesterone supps. SS about the BFN. It sounds really early though if AF isn't due till next Tuesday so hopefully this weekend will be different.

Sarah- OMG mama. SO excited for you! I can't wait to hear how those beta's go. :goodvibes:

doodle19
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
JenV- were can I get vitex? I have no idea when AF is due :giggle: I thought not temping this go around and just paying attention to CM would make my life less stressful. Yeah right! Tuesday will be CD30 so she should be here around that time.

AFM- I have a fun idea, let's all put:preggo: smilies in or siggy's and pretend we're finally PG:giggle2:

ETA- on a seriouse note, when I had my last US in Sept they found a small Uterine Fibroid. Is this going to hinder my chances even more, any one have them?

tazzae
12-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Ladies, can I join in? I have been lurking for a bit and would like to participate here. I am newly pregnant (about 5 weeks) after 3 losses--I don't feel comfortable joining a due date group until I know this one will stick. Here is my info:

Screen Name: tazzae
Age (SO): 32 (33)
Current Children and ages: DD (5 1/2 years)
Lost Children and dates: 3 miscarriages--3/07 10 weeks, 9/08 16 weeks, 2/09 5 weeks
Diagnosis: unknown cause, fetuses presented with cystic hygroma
Treatment and Meds: none
Next Appointment: haven't made one yet
Cycles TTC another child: TTC #2 since 11/06

doodle19
12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Welcome Tara! Hope this baby sticks for you!

rachaeljohnson
12-16-2009, 05:38 PM
brandi-my first off bc cycle my o was even later than normal...like day 35. (usually o bt cd 23-30) so this month may be better for you!

doodle-glad you had a great day! Sounds like fun! I have a fibroid. It's like 1/3 cm when i am not pregnant, but got to 6cm when pregnant with the twins (like 2.5 inches). They said it usually stops growing after the first trimester and will usually shrink and that it probably only got that big bc of the additional hormones from teh molar pregnancy. My RE did a sonohystogram and teh fibroid is not inside my uterus (its in the muscle wall) and this type is not likely (although can if they get huge) to cause problems. It really depends on where and size. IT can be inside the uterus, outside, or in the wall (most common). It was freaky to hear i had it though...and it was bigger than the baby. I will say though, since i had 2 losses after finding out i had it, i do wonder. My ob originally thought my mc was bc of hte fibroid until we learned it was molar. On the one us shot after teh baby died it looked like the fibroid had squished it...but really teh baby died and collapsed on top of it. Ugh. Let me know if you get any more info. I have a great book called what your dr. may not tell you about fibroids...and basically it even says that 1 small fibroid is not likely to affect fertility or pregnancy.

tara-welcome and hh9m to you! I know how you're feeling! Hugs!

jenv-yeah, i will too! Always have before...but some people don't get high temps on clomid. I wish i could try vitex but i know ic an't mix it with clomid. Oh well.

AFM-just spent an hour locked out of my house in MI in dec. I went in the garage to look at lor's wooden kitchen my dh is refinishing and lor locked the deadbolt. We had to wait for the neighbors to get home with our extra key. Ugh.

bccc624
12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
brandi-my first off bc cycle my o was even later than normal...like day 35. (usually o bt cd 23-30) so this month may be better for you!

AFM-just spent an hour locked out of my house in MI in dec. I went in the garage to look at lor's wooden kitchen my dh is refinishing and lor locked the deadbolt. We had to wait for the neighbors to get home with our extra key. Ugh.

I sure hope so! According to the calculations from my u/s when I was pg with DD I O'd really really early. Like a day or two after AF left! I think CD10!

monkeybunns
12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm distracted watching SYTYCD and catching up where I want to be on knitting today but HUGS to the mama w/a sick DH and KMFC that you get a BFP soon!!! Sara-congrats!!! I'm excited for you! Welcome to Tara. Jennifer-please let me know if I can help-I'm so very happy to lend my hands and I would be more than happy to ship the finished product(s). Just let me know! Hope I didn't miss anyone :(

AFM: Is Vitex (sorry if I spelled wrong-going off memory lol) expensive? I'd probably have to pay every penny of it and my insurance might start asking questions-I just want to know so I can present/discuss all of our options if there's still no BFP in a month or two. If I don't get preggo this cycle I'm going to discuss waiting to take my progesterone until 3 dpo or something.

I LOVE the Christmas season though. I think my hormones might be turning because I've been more "drawn" to DH where I haven't been much since I was pregnant (other than a few days here and there-mainly when DS is gone lol) :(. Maybe that's why I'm having funkiness go on? I remember always having lots of CF as a teen and prior to having DS-it seems I might be getting that back-don't get me wrong I've had more than enough just not as much as I remember lol!

Oh I also wanted to share-we have a local news website that has a classifieds section that's our Craigslist (seriously check out Utah's Craigslist for items-there's NOTHING there) and I found a person who had lots of Elmo things. DS is obsessed with Elmo. I emailed her and told her a bit of our situation and that I'd LOVE to give my little guy a couple of Elmo books if she had any to spare she happily agreed to sending a couple books. I got the package today and there were 3 books, a little Elmo beanie with a hat and scarf (SO cute) and an Elmo light that if you hold the button down his little flashlight lights up! I started tearing up. I'm so very grateful for the generous people we are surrounded by! In times of horrifying things going on, our Constitution crumbling, etc I'm so very grateful there are generous and kind people in this world still that can be such a great example! I told DH today (before the package came) that I had two goals when he was done w/grad school to do each year: 1-sponsor a family and give them a Christmas (especially one struggling due to going to school, loss of job, etc) and 2-Give a scholarship to a man or woman that has a family and is trying to attend college to better their family situation. I feel very strongly about these two things so I look forward to being able to help. I'm hoping we're in a better situation next year and can help with a sub for Santa, etc.

jenvbear
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Doodle- Oh, man. I don't remember where I got my vitex cause I bought it almost a year ago, lol. I'm sure I got it at Walmart or a local grocery store. It's pretty common. I'm sure health food stores have it too. It was pretty cheap as well. As for the fibroid...... my friend had one and her OB did say that it can sometimes hinder ttc. If it's small though I'm sure it won't be too much of an issue. My friend did end up pg after about 6 mos and one round of clomid. Her's was a good sized one too.

Rachael- OMG, that would suck. I hope she didn't get into too much trouble while you were locked out. What a stinker.

Ashley- Vitex is an OTC herb that you can pretty much buy anywhere. Like I said above, I'm pretty sure I got mine at Walmart. If I remember correctly it was around $4 or so.

Welcome Tara!

doodle19
12-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Rachael- my fibroid was found during the last vaginal US to make sure everything look good after my MC. She said it was 1 cm

JenV-I will pick some vitex up along with OPK's my next trip to Wal-mart

AFM- last day of work before break. I'm cleaning house this morning before I go in and spending the day tomorrow baking and wrapping presents. I'm already feeling crampy, the hag should be here sooner than later.

rachaeljohnson
12-17-2009, 05:07 AM
jenv-thanks, she was fine just crying...poor girl

doodle-i think 1cm isn't likely to be a problem but you may want to have an mri or sh to get a better look at where it is. if it's inside the uterus and the baby implants over top of it you are at risk for mc and placenta abrupta (whatever it is where it starts to detach in utero). Hope Af hurries up so you can move on and try again!!

bcc524-that would be great!!

Ashley-how nice! What a great time of year!

AFM-cd4 and af is still here but light. Had wicked hot flashes last night...today is day 3 of my clomid...i just want to finish the clomid and get to the waiting for bd marathon part. :) Excited to see my dr. next week and very excited for christmas!

3 ladybugs
12-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Cancer and lost child mentioned

Drive by posting as I need to get ready for my day... However I am :yay: :yay: after my appointment yesterday and wanted to share.

My appointment yesterday went very well. I took Max with me and honestly I am glad I did as I didn't leave there till 3:30 (and I thought my appointment was only going to last till 2).

They basically told me that it doesn't matter which of the 2 types of cancer I have. They actually can co-exist in the same lymph node. So now they are focusing on treatment. She did say that I am in stage 2 with an international grade (I may be saying that wrong it is international something or other) of 0. So that is good.

So I will be starting Chemo on Monday. I will be taking R-CHOP (Rituxan, Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine, and Prednisone). I will also getting a Port-cath put in me on Monday. This will allow easier access for getting blood and receiving treatment. I will probably keep this in me for quite some time. I can keep it in me for years. My veins stink and with all the treatment I am going to have to go through in the future (cancer not included) and how my veins just stink, it might be good for me to just hang onto it. At least when I need an IV I wouldn't need to get a scar. Right now I have several scars on my hands from the IV's from the triplets and Max.

I will be getting 6 rounds of chemo. They will occur every 3 weeks. I will be getting a PET scan after my 4th round and they anticipate that at that time I will be in remission. So that is good. With every round I have been told that I could be nauseas for around 72 hours. So they gave me prescriptions for that. I will also be taking the Prednisone for 4 days following each treatment.

She did say that there is a chance that my white blood cell count could drop dangerously low in this process. If that happens I will need to be admitted into the hospital. However hopefully that will not happen.

I am going to be having a very busy couple of days now, as you can imagine. I have to make sure that insurance is getting everything they need to cover all said procedures and medication (chemo requires pre-authorization for some strange reason... who would want to have it that didn't have cancer?). I also have to get my house in order since I will likely be sick till Christmas eve. Ha ha! Today I am also going to get my hair cut. This will likely be hard for me (I have had long hair for 15 years) but it has to be done. And I want Max to see me happy in my short hair and not just ill. So while I probably can wait to cut it I am going to cut it today more for him then anything.

Oh and I forgot one of the best parts... at least for me. This doctor told me I only need to wait 1 year to go back to have another child. Not 2 years like I had previously been told. Honestly after we lost Emily I was held up for a year because of testing and a miscarriage (I actually started stimulation drugs for Max's cycle on the anniversary of Emily's death, January 5). So that isn't that bad! If that isn't good enough there is a chance that all of my eggs may not be destroyed in this process to. So in the off chance that not all of my 5 embryos make it, there is a chance that I can still get pregnant with my eggs.

I actually woke up at a normal time today (5:30) so I didn't have much time to be writing before Max woke up. I will come back for persies and updating a bit later.

I :pray: that all of you are gone from here when I can TTC again!

bccc624
12-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Ashley-how nice! What a great time of year!

AFM-cd4 and af is still here but light. Had wicked hot flashes last night...today is day 3 of my clomid...i just want to finish the clomid and get to the waiting for bd marathon part. :) Excited to see my dr. next week and very excited for christmas!

YAY! BDing marathons are so much fun! hehe

Jennifer ~ I'm glad you got good news from your appointment. You'll be back to TTC before you know it! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

AFM ~ AF already seems to be packing up her bags...really early...I have to take DF his paperwork here soon because he left it laying on the kitchen table (he's a pest control tech) and he's about an hour away.

monkeybunns
12-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Jennifer-HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everything goes well. You have such a positive attitude!!! That's wonderful news that you can TTC a year after instead of two! I wish I could leap out of the computer to give you giant hugs though. I really do :(.

rachaeljohnson
12-17-2009, 10:55 AM
jennifer-what great news...i hope the treatment isnt' too hard on you and you are in remission and waiting for your 5 babies very soon!!

brandi-mine was like that too and now she is getting a second wind...on day 4? Ugh, clomid/progesterone periods suck!

AFM-almost time for Lor's nap and my workout...glad the weekend is almost here, it always goes faster:)

bccc624
12-17-2009, 11:26 AM
brandi-mine was like that too and now she is getting a second wind...on day 4? Ugh, clomid/progesterone periods suck!

AFM-almost time for Lor's nap and my workout...glad the weekend is almost here, it always goes faster:)

Yeah, I think she heard me talking about her because she's giving me heck today too.

MommyKeller0107
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Jennifer, you're constantly in my thoughts. I'm so thankful for your positive outlook, and I can't wait to catch up with you when you're starting to TTC.

jenvbear
12-17-2009, 12:46 PM
JenV-I will pick some vitex up along with OPK's my next trip to Wal-mart

AFM- last day of work before break. I'm cleaning house this morning before I go in and spending the day tomorrow baking and wrapping presents. I'm already feeling crampy, the hag should be here sooner than later.

On second thought, I might have gotten it a health food store, lol. It was either Walmart or Vitamine Cottage or Sunflower Market, lol. :headscratch: I know that it was easy to fond regardless of where I got it. I'd start it as soon as AF shows up. GL! :thumbsup:

Jennifer- I'm so glad your appt went well and the prognosis is good. You are in my prayers mama.

jenvbear
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Lori- Your chart looks amazing! I can't wait for you to test!

rachaeljohnson
12-17-2009, 01:56 PM
I think i saw vitex at meijer...i am 99% sure. :)

Brandi-yep, we must be on the same path here...lol...hopefully it ends in a bfp in a few weeks! :)

doodle19
12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
I just went to Wal-mart and forgot to look for vitex:banghead:

I'm making party foods for dinner tonight: spinach dip, pot stickers, smokey's in yeast rolls:blush: Never go into the grocery hungry.

MommyKeller0107
12-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks JenV :hugs:

I've had heartburn like CRAZY for the past few days.

rachaeljohnson
12-17-2009, 03:58 PM
doodle-sounds great.

Lori-hope it's a good sign. :)

AFM-off to shower and relax...see you ladies in the am...one day closer to our bfps.

sblakeley
12-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Cancer and lost child mentioned

Drive by posting as I need to get ready for my day... However I am :yay: :yay: after my appointment yesterday and wanted to share.

My appointment yesterday went very well. I took Max with me and honestly I am glad I did as I didn't leave there till 3:30 (and I thought my appointment was only going to last till 2).

They basically told me that it doesn't matter which of the 2 types of cancer I have. They actually can co-exist in the same lymph node. So now they are focusing on treatment. She did say that I am in stage 2 with an international grade (I may be saying that wrong it is international something or other) of 0. So that is good.

So I will be starting Chemo on Monday. I will be taking R-CHOP (Rituxan, Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine, and Prednisone). I will also getting a Port-cath put in me on Monday. This will allow easier access for getting blood and receiving treatment. I will probably keep this in me for quite some time. I can keep it in me for years. My veins stink and with all the treatment I am going to have to go through in the future (cancer not included) and how my veins just stink, it might be good for me to just hang onto it. At least when I need an IV I wouldn't need to get a scar. Right now I have several scars on my hands from the IV's from the triplets and Max.

I will be getting 6 rounds of chemo. They will occur every 3 weeks. I will be getting a PET scan after my 4th round and they anticipate that at that time I will be in remission. So that is good. With every round I have been told that I could be nauseas for around 72 hours. So they gave me prescriptions for that. I will also be taking the Prednisone for 4 days following each treatment.

She did say that there is a chance that my white blood cell count could drop dangerously low in this process. If that happens I will need to be admitted into the hospital. However hopefully that will not happen.

I am going to be having a very busy couple of days now, as you can imagine. I have to make sure that insurance is getting everything they need to cover all said procedures and medication (chemo requires pre-authorization for some strange reason... who would want to have it that didn't have cancer?). I also have to get my house in order since I will likely be sick till Christmas eve. Ha ha! Today I am also going to get my hair cut. This will likely be hard for me (I have had long hair for 15 years) but it has to be done. And I want Max to see me happy in my short hair and not just ill. So while I probably can wait to cut it I am going to cut it today more for him then anything.

Oh and I forgot one of the best parts... at least for me. This doctor told me I only need to wait 1 year to go back to have another child. Not 2 years like I had previously been told. Honestly after we lost Emily I was held up for a year because of testing and a miscarriage (I actually started stimulation drugs for Max's cycle on the anniversary of Emily's death, January 5). So that isn't that bad! If that isn't good enough there is a chance that all of my eggs may not be destroyed in this process to. So in the off chance that not all of my 5 embryos make it, there is a chance that I can still get pregnant with my eggs.

I actually woke up at a normal time today (5:30) so I didn't have much time to be writing before Max woke up. I will come back for persies and updating a bit later.

I :pray: that all of you are gone from here when I can TTC again!

As yes the infamous hair cut appt.... I think it took me a good solid week after the buzz cut to look myself in the mirror. I think I asked last week and now can't seem to find where if you'd like a giant box of chemo caps/scarves?? I also saw the PM about where in NJ you are and honestly I haven't a clue where that is!! The antinauseas are awesome!! Zofran will be your best friend, Emend works wonders but made me dizzy and your not allowed to do things like operate heavy machinery (ie drive a car), the one that starts with a 'd' was prolly third down on the list for work and last but not least atavan is my personal fav because its also antianxiety so if your nervous about throwing up it takes that away. The really low blood counts can be super scary, I checked in to the hospital one time with stomach pains and my netraphils were a 0.0 (aka super duper bad). Your netraphil count will be the thing you live by its more important than the complete white for some reason I can't recall. Have they talked to you about diets yet?? I was on a medication made from pot (no joke) to help me gain weight for awhile.

Enough of me droning on and on with the cancer talk which I've been known to go on about forever.

AFM: I had the appt today and the IUD is gone! I also had a long talk with the GYN about things I want like a VBAC and a ultrasound as soon as I am preggers (positive pregnancy test could also indicate a return of my cancer so I am paranoid here), that mainly I would like to have choices this time around (when it happens) as last time I had none with the whole cancer thing and all. He seemed very open and receptive to the whole thing and said we would make decisions together as things happened. He's really good about working with me as he handled me exclusively last time down to moving his vacay to do my c-section/several other surgeries at the same time day. And he is head of the practice so no one can trump his decision. So I feel good about all of this... now off to have some fun with DH :)

sblakeley
12-17-2009, 07:21 PM
I also found this page by googling around and it poped up on the side... I thought someone could use a laugh http://999reasonstolaughatinfertility.blogspot.com/

3 ladybugs
12-18-2009, 02:46 AM
:cowwave: Hello everyone!

Shaye - I have known a woman who had triplets (who got to take them home too) who had a fibroid. I have also known a woman who had so many fibroids that she is now going down the route of gestational carrier. So fibroids can run the gammet. I hope it isn't anything serious for you!

Tara - Welcome! :wave: Did you figure out your EDD yet? I hope this baby is super sticky!

Ashley - That is great that that person sent you that Elmo stuff. :goodvibes:

Sar - Thank you for the offer of the hats but I am actually looking forward to purchasing all this stuff on my own. I have always loved hats but I could never find any that really fit me. Yesterday I purchased a turban, sleep hat, scarf and scarf pad. I hope to get more in the future but this is a good start. Where I live in NJ is by all the smell of corruption. :giggle: I live in the same county as the capital. The only thing I need to worry about in my diet is not taking antioxidents. Which I think will actually be quite hard for me. I guess my chemo is oxidizing.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I have posted a message on the first post saying that I may be delayed in updating people between the 21 and the 24 but I do plan on starting the new thread next week.

I have a busy day today of taking Max to the doctor and doing my EKG. Tomorrow is the dentist and the all important grocery shopping. Sunday we are to get snow :yay: :yay: and we are Catholic (so early day for us). Then I just need to get ready for the next 3-4 days as I will likely not be doing much.

rachaeljohnson
12-18-2009, 04:22 AM
sblakely-so glad your dr. is being receptive!! :)

Jennifer-wishing you the best and hope that first treatment is gentle on you and tough on the cancer!!!

AFM-cd 5....cold is 99% gone and AF is about 92% gone...wahoo!!! 4th dose of clomid today...i can't believe i will be taking my last dose (hopefully ever or at least until we want another baby) tomorrow. Hoorah for Friday. I have Lor's swim class and then dh is home half day bc he is donating blood this morning. Glad for the weekend to get me through boring cd 5-7. :)

doodle19
12-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Jennifer-I hope your treatment goes well starting Monday. We're supposed to get snow too. 3-6 inches Saturday, I'm sooooo excited!

Lori- Your chart does look awesome, good luck mama!

Rachael- Hooray for Clomid almost being over. Swim class sounds like fun, does Loralei love it? It's alsways fun when DH gets to come home early, makes the days go by faster.

AFM- I caved and tested. I couldn't resist(I shouldn't be ashamed right?) I'm CD 26 today and the test, stark white...no nothing. So I'm looking forward to stocking up on all the goods I'm going to try this cycle and trying again.
My 2 week Christmas break starts today:lostit: DD is still going to the babysitter this morning, they are having a Christmas party with cupcakes, gifts, and games. I didn't want her to miss it. I'm going to wrap gifts and bake

rachaeljohnson
12-18-2009, 06:58 AM
doodle-yeah, she LOVES it. I hate doing it in dec. though...we usually do it in sep/oct but had to do nov/dec bc of my mc in sep. i couldn't wear a tampon...ugh. So sorry for the bfn, i know the frustration!! Your dd was born right after mine and man when Lor hit 2 i got really anxious...i always thought i would have 2 year gaps bt my kids...guess 3 is okay too. :) Yay for a 2 week break!! Enjoy the weekend!

AFM-swim class is at 10:30, not 10...good thing i looked to verify...oye. Now, what to do with the next hour? Off to play neigh neighs...(horses for those of you who don't speak toddler)...lol.

monkeybunns
12-18-2009, 08:40 AM
LOL on the "speaking toddler"! It's so true! DS keeps going through vocabulary explosions-now he's learning how to name the Sesame Street characters on his undies (he's known "George"-Curious George and "Elmo" for quite a while without us naming them or any practice lol). He's known ALL the parts of his body for over a month but yesterday he was pointing to them and naming them on George (his stuffed Curious George). Gotta love toddlers! Glad AF is almost gone-mine stretched on for 6 days this time-haven't had that happen since before DS! I was really weird.

doodle19
12-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Ashley- boo that AF stayed longer than normal.

Rachael-Toddler talk is the best. Chloe says the funniest things. The other day she opened a Credit Card application that had came in the mail, brought it to me and said "here....four, five, six, seben, eight, nine" and walked off. I lost it. She was born the 19th, so she's 23 months tomorrow and wants a "Thomas" birthday(Thomas the Train).

ETA- I ran by Wal-Mart today after dropping DD off, no vitex. I went to our local health food store and they weren't open. Hopefully I get my hands on some be4 AF shows

rachaeljohnson
12-18-2009, 10:08 AM
ashley-ha ha ha. Yeah, my af since the 2 mc has been like 4 days of bleeding and then 3 days of spotting...it's getting old.

doodle-ha ha. How cute! My dd loves trains too...but had a horse birthday. Hope you can hunt down some vitex...maybe a walgreens or cvs if you don't have meijer in kentucky.

tazzae
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Jennifer- I *think* my EDD is Aug 21st. I haven't been charting or testing, but generally O on cd18--so EDD can be a bit off. I will probably go in for a dating US soon...it's just such a heartbreak to see a babe and then lose it. I dread the US a bit

Rachel- Swimming lessons are such fun! My dd especially enjoys that nice warm water in the winter. I miss toddler speak (dd is 5 1/2), so so cute.

ASM- I'm trying to hold on and meditating/wishing/praying this one sticks. I've been feeling somewhat crampy all week...of course interpreting it as the beginning of a miscarriage. Only time will tell.
Dd's kindy class put on a sweet little play this morning...there's nothing like 5-6 year olds trying to sing together in tune! It was a nice break and a reminder to cherish the blessings I do have.

CASMama711
12-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Just wanted to give everyone an update on my IVF schedule... I've been emailing my RE's IVF coordinator and I have a baseline US on 12/22. I'm on birth control until my IVF cycle, so I won't need another baseline US after that one. Then I have my consult appointment on 12/28 and a tentative appointment on 12/30 for consent forms and DH's sperm freeze. Assuming everything goes as planned, I'll start meds on 1/22. :thumbsup: I'm really glad that I've been proactive about contacting the IVF coordinator because I'll be able to get a few appointments out of the way during my Christmas break, which is great since I'm quickly running out of sick days at work. The timing for the cycle worked out perfectly, too, because we're taking DD to Disney earlier in January, so we can enjoy that time with her before we really start this whole process. :)

doodle19
12-18-2009, 01:09 PM
chmom77- Glad things seem to work out well with the timing. Disney sounds like so much fun, I bet DD will love it.

tazzae-I hope this baby sticks

Rachael- I didn't think about Walgreens we have a new one I need to go check out. There's a Meijer, but it's in Lexington which about an hour away. We're going there Monday shopping, so if I can't find it at Walgreens I look Monday.

Going Christmas Caroling to the elders/sick from church tonight. My cookies are cooking(we give them candy tins/gift cards). Chloe is old enough to enjoy it this year, she was 11 months old last year. However it is raining, boo....so we'll have to stand in the rain

rachaeljohnson
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
chmom-sounds like perfect timing! :) Hope you have a little turkey next thanksgiving!

doodle-how nice, enjoy!

AFM-playing cards with my neighbor who is 39 weeks pregnant (and her husband)...God give me strength bc it has been an emotional week. :)

doodle19
12-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Rachael- Hope your card games were fun. It is super hard to even see pregnant people when your trying so hard, I know.

AFM-Morning all! Woke up to 5 inches of snow....it's beautiful. Spending the day with my mom and then going to take DD sleigh riding. I'm crampy this morning, hoping AF hold off until I can get my hands on Vitex.

Anyone use Dollar Tree OPK's are they somthing I can use and trust

rachaeljohnson
12-19-2009, 07:43 AM
doodle-yay for snow...and yes, i love $ tree opks, but the ICs work for me and are cheaper...but i have used $ tree in a pinch. :)

AFM-so we played cards last night and they left at 11...her water broke at 12. We are waiting for an update! :) I have decided to compile a list of stupid things people have said to me through the 2 m/c and 2ndary infertility...if you are interested you can read the list (top post in my blog in my siggy), but i had to share my new favorite. I was talking to my mom yesterday and she said, "my friend at work had 4 miscarriages and then got a 3 year old from Russia." HOW IS THAT HELPFUL? Oye.

Finished clomid today!! And had a practice bd last night. Want to make sure the sperm are fresh when we need them. Ha ha. Off to look for a new tv stand!

doodle19
12-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't know what IC's are:blush: I read about them alot in posts...but have no clue.

I'm going to go sew while DD naps, oh and Rachael you can call me Shaye.

rachaeljohnson
12-19-2009, 12:38 PM
shaye-ICs are internet cheapies (hpts and opks) you can get them at babywishes.org or ebay or amazon even. Just really cheap tests.

AFM-time for dexter! :) We have the last 4 episodes waiting for us!!

Oh, and i am thinking i won't do the prog. supplements this month. Is it possible my lining is too thick for implantation? Since i am on clomid i know my prog. is fine (never had a prog. problem with any pregnancy) so now i am afraid it's hurting me. Plus it's nasty. I think i will just start taking it if i get a bfp.

3 ladybugs
12-20-2009, 03:27 AM
Chmom - Glad you have a plan. I updated you on the post. Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer. We are on a different protocal but sometimes the basics are the same.

Tara - I am sorry it is hard for you to see ultrasounds. I hope that this is the good kind of ultrasounds though.

Rachael - I think your lining can be too old for implantation but I am not sure about think. :headscratch:

AFM - I don't think we will be going to church today because while I think we can get out of our driveway, going down the road and to church may be a bit more challenging. I think we got about 8-10 (could be more) inches of snow. We already got a phone call saying that the lutheran church was closed so we can't go to bible study (and sadly the baby that was going to be baptized there today, was finally born), but we were planning on being Catholic today anyway. Maybe we could walk to the greek orthodox church for mass. :headscratch:

I have to get ready for tomorrow today. I think I am going to pack a small suitcase for Max full of toys and what not. I have one that is just for babies and I think that would be better then the diaper bag tomorrow. Especially with all of the snow.

rachaeljohnson
12-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Jennifer-i will be thinking of you tomorrow...and hoorah for snow!!!

AFM-boring cd 7...nothing going on...hopefully ovulate in about 8 days so we will start bding on wednesday. :) I see the RE in 2 days to discuss what else we can do this cycle and what we can do next. I am so hoping he gives me some hope.

MommyKeller0107
12-20-2009, 08:23 AM
I'll be thinking about you Jennifer!

CASMama711
12-20-2009, 08:59 AM
We're officially snowed in... school is already cancelled for tomorrow. :)

doodle19
12-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Rachael- sounds like a plan about not taking the prog.

Jennifer- We've got a ton of snow too. About 6 inches, we're expecting more today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Suitcase sounds like a good idea for Max, hope your day goes good tomorrow.

chmom77- We are already out for Christmas break, but if school would have been in session tomorrow they would have cancelled.

AFM- CD 28, DH is at work until 3. Going to my mom's later for dinner and to make Christmas cookies. We were supposed to do that yesterday, but most everyone was out of electric from the snowstorm. They fixed it this morning.

CASMama711
12-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Jennifer, GL tomorrow.

AFM, we took DD out to play in the snow again today. We got 20 in. I think this is the most snow I've ever seen at once! :)

rachaeljohnson
12-20-2009, 05:32 PM
shaye-have fun making cookies!

chmom-wahoo!

AFM-off to watch the last dexter :)

Aleesh_Mom
12-20-2009, 11:04 PM
can you update me, pretty please? :) Thanks!

Screen name: aleesh_mom
Age (SO): 29 (DH 37)
Current Children and age: M~14, O~12, N~3 (TODAY!) :), P~1 year
Lost children and dates: Q~lost 8/31/09 at 11 weeks (partial natural miscarriage, partial in-office D&C)
Diagnosis: Undetermined, but have low TSH levels. Prior infertility could have been caused by a urethral stricture in DH

rachaeljohnson
12-21-2009, 06:01 AM
morning ladies! Happy monday before christmas. I feel 4, i am so excited about Friday. I get to go see the RE tomorrow and am hoping he will cheer me up on the ttc front. Boring cd 8 today...i should ovulate on day 15 so a week from today. We will dtd wed, fri, and if i am seeing fertile signs then sat and sun (i should get a +opk) and monday (hopefully O). :) I gotta catch this one...

doodle19
12-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Rachael- I hope you catch this one

AFM- CD 29 and no AF...come on already. Going shopping today, out to eat, the to the horse park to see the Christmas lights.We are trying to PL DD on my 2 week break, it's going OK I guess....still lots of accidents.

rachaeljohnson
12-21-2009, 07:40 AM
shaye-ugh, would be nice if she would show today so she could be gone for christmas...ugh...have a great day!

ashleybrook
12-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey there, I don't post much but I think we're finally ready to start thinking about TTC again after losing our son in November. We've got an appointment to see the high-risk OB and go over test results after our son was stillborn and get more tests run hopefully. I'm nervous to try and even more nervous to think about getting a positive because I won't be able to trust it. I just got my first PP period last week so technically I might be ovulating around Christmas but we're not going to try yet. My midwife said it would be okay in her opinion because my tests so far have been coming back fine, so Case's death was a random tragedy. And it was, but I think I want more answers, or at least to try to get more answers. I'm babbling, sorry.

Rachael, I hope AF shows up. Ovulating around New Years would be a great way to start 2010!

rachaeljohnson
12-21-2009, 10:45 AM
ashley-big giant hugs and best wishes. I hope you have a nice healthy 41 weeker really soon!!! And i hope you get some answers with the testing...i know how frustrating being told everything looks great is...when you just want reasons.

MommyKeller0107
12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
:hugs: Ashley!

Jennifer, I guess you can update my info.

Screen Name: MommyKeller0107
Age (SO): 20 (DH 22)
Current Children and ages: Kade Maddox, turning 3 January 24,2010!
Lost Children and dates: Early M/C @ 4.5 weeks (May 09), Missed M/C @ 8w - D&C 13w (Oct 09)
Diagnosis: LPD & Suppressed Ovulation
Treatment and Meds: Clomid CD3-7; Possibly progesterone
Next Appointment: 1/4/09
My Blog: http://mrslnkeller.blogspot.com/

Does anyone know what an SIS in the middle of a cycle will do? Will it hurt anything? I'm scheduled for one on the 4th, but depending on what the clomid does for me this cycle, it may be around ovulation time. I really don't think I need one, so I'm wondering if I should just put if off for one of the months that we're not going to try?

The plan for this cycle is Clomid 3-7, OPKs / Temping, a progesterone draw at 7dpo, and hopefully a BFP.

rachaeljohnson
12-21-2009, 03:42 PM
lori-so glad you are trying this month...clomid has always been great for me!! Hope it works for you and you are bfp in 4 weeks!!! So excited for you! What is an SIS?

MommyKeller0107
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Saline Infused Ultrasound, Sonohysterogram, or Hysterosonogram. I guess they're all different names for the same thing?

rachaeljohnson
12-21-2009, 06:25 PM
my RE said it just had to be before O. But he did say it's more accurate the earlier it's done...he likes it done bt cd 5-10 but urged me to come closer to day 5...i think i did it on day 7. It can cause a m/c if done after O. It was a very easy test to have done though...and can be very useful after a m/c to make sure you don't have any scar tissue or anything.

doodle19
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM
ashely- big hugs mama and I wish you the best.

lori- sorry about this month not being the one mama, I'm down in the dumps too. Hope the clomid works for you and you catch an egg this time around.

AFM- I FINALLY got my hands on Vitex, found it a Meijer while shopping in Lexington. Still waiting on the hag...she'll probably wait until Christmas Eve. Just now getting hom from our very L-O-N-G funfilled day. I hope everyone has a restful night.

MommyKeller0107
12-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Shaye, let us know how the vitex goes! If this cycle on clomid is a bust, I'll be pulling out an arsenal in march!

Thanks for the info, Rachael, I'll probably call tomorrow & let them know that I just started and to see if I can get my appointment moved up to next monday. That will be cd7, so hopefully better timing. I didn't think about checking for scar tissue, That would be a good thing since it was two D&Cs back to back, I think.

How much does clomid normally run for you all? I'm not sure how much to expect to pay?

jenvbear
12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Lori- It depends on where you get it, your ins coverage and how many mg's you are on. I was on 50 mgs for all 3 rounds, and got it at Walmart. It was $9 for my 5 day supply :goodvibes: . I hope it works and like I said, maybe even if you don't get pg on the clomid it will help re-set your system like it did for mine. Then in March try the vitex instead. Hopefully it happens before that though.

Ashely- Welcome mama. SS about your loss. :cry:

Rachael- :wave2: Patiently waiting till I can start chart stalking you :giggle2: .

:wave2: to everyone else too!

rachaeljohnson
12-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Lori-yep, that's why i wanted to look for scar tissue...2 d&cs in like 3 months. Ugh. Clomid is like $9 for generic for 50mg at walmart...so $18 for 100 (i assume). My insurance covers it so once i went to 100mg i paid a $10 copay. Before that i paid just the $9. Not too bad huh?! :)

shaye-i knew meijer had it! Best wishes!

AFM-christmas party for dd at 12 and RE at 2. Hope he has a gameplan. Today is cd 9. We will bd on day 10 and on day 12...and then i am not sure if we will do it every day until o (once a day) or every other day until +opk then every day until temp shift. Opinions? Hopefully i will O in 6 days! My temp dropped to 96.8 this morning but i put it in as 97 bc i think it was extra low bc the dog stole my comforter. Ugh.

tazzae
12-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Good morning all!

...hmmm, ya'll have got me thinking, maybe I should ask about a hysterosonogram (sp). to look for scar tissue. I have had 2 D&C's and a D&E. Is it useful only if you have trouble concieving? I've been able to conceive without too much trouble (thank the goddess!), just have not had a sticky bean.

I put in a call to my OB this morning requesting a HCG blood draw. They don't want to see me in the office until 8 weeks. Maybe a good HCG number would put me at ease just a bit. I am feeling all consumed by the fear of another miscarriage, it's really all I can think of. I am off to find something really fun to do with dd, take my mind of it for a while.

rachaeljohnson
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
tara-yes...scar tissue can cause multiple mc if the baby attaches to scar tissue it won't attach well...but hopefully you won't ever have to worry about that!

AFM-So just met with the RE and...follistim pen it is next month. He said i am not responding very well to the clomid in the sense of making more than one egg...but that my lining and prog. levels are amazing...75mg of hte follistim if that means anything to anyone.

He wants to pair it with a trigger and timed intercourse...he said that bding every day is probably best but it shouldn't get routine.

Info?

doodle19
12-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Tara-hope you have a super sticky bean this time and some awesome HCG #'s

Rachael-Sounds like a good visit to the RE right? Sounds like you for sure have a plan for next cycle. Not sure what is meant by bd'ing ever day but not making it routine means.

No AF STILL. CD 31 tomorrow and yes I tested and got a BFN. Looks like the hag wants to celebrate Christmas with me, how sweet:yuck:

rachaeljohnson
12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
shaye-ugh...how rude of her. I think he was implying we shouldn't do it so often that it isn't fun anymore...lol...but it's always fun. :) Yes, i am relieved to have a plan.

AFM-rearranging furniture. We got a computer armoire off craigslist so we are moving our computer to our dining room (we have an eat in kitchen so we don't use our dining room-right now it's a play room). Then we will move the toys to the office (room off the kitchen with french doors). Phew...gona be a lot of work.

doodle19
12-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Rachael- that kinda what I thought the Re meant but wasn't for sure. Wow rearranging furniture is always fun, and tiring.

I need to bath DD, read 100 bedtime stories and clean my house before I can go to bed. I have a super packed day tomorrow of cooking, wrapping, packing, and story time at the library(I'm so excited about going back, I'm such a dork)

CASMama711
12-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Lori, I just had an SIS today, it was my 3rd in the past 4 years (thought I was just going in for a baseline US today :o ... I've scheduled so many appointments for this IVF cycle that I've lost track already). Anyway, it's a good idea to do, definitely before ovulation. I've had a little bit of discomfort and cramping when they do it, but nothing too bad.

Rachael, I did two cycles with the Follistim pen and I'll be using it again for my IVF cycle. It's relatively easy to use. Have you ever done a trigger shot with Clomid? If you've done a trigger shot before, then you'll do great with the Follistim pen; it's a tiny needle and much easier.

AFM, I met with my RE's IVF coordinator today and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed... this is going to be pretty crazy for a couple of months, so it better be worth it in the end!

monkeybunns
12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Just dropping in really quick-I'm CD 14 and started progesterone today. My temp was way up this morning but I think it was a fluke. My monitor read "high" today. If I don't O this cycle I'm going to see if we can come up with something else and talk about using Vitex next cycle and progesterone after I O. I just wish I'd start Oing earlier!

rachaeljohnson
12-23-2009, 05:48 AM
chmom-big giant hugs! I know it will all be worth it when you get that bfp. I have never done a trigger shot but will be doing ovridel (or whatever) along with the follistim pen next month. Guess i will have to learn how to do both. Well, dh will, bc i don't want to do it. :) Thanks for making me feel better! I am terrified of doing it. I don't know why, i gave blood every week for like 27 weeks with the pm pregnancy...this is way easier than that.

Ashley-hope you don't have to worry about it!!! I know how much late O sucks the big toe!!

AFM-cd10...the fun part of my cycle begins. I start opks today and we are going to bd on cd 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 and hopefully o on day 15. Or 10, 12, 14, 15, and keep going until I O. That's probably better just in case i O later...???

monkeybunns
12-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Rachael-hooray for the fun part of the cycle! Looks like we'll be almost testing buddies-I'm not testing any more until AF is due/I'm late. I'm now back to my monitor reading high and the stick looking like a peak. Sigh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a peak and my temp will shift!

rachaeljohnson
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
ashley-i wish i had that strength. lol. I think a trigger shot would be good for me bc then i couldn't trust testing so i wouldn't do it. LOL. Pitiful. Hope we both have nice bfps in a couple weeks!! :)

doodle19
12-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Rachael-Hooray for the fun part of the cycle.
Ashley- I also wish I had your strenght not to test until AF is due, but I don't.

AFM- Guess what? AF came today, hooray! No really, I'm excited...so tired of waiting. I have such a busy day tomorrow I may be able to get on once in the morning. That we'll probably be it until Christmas night. Have a wonderful holiday if I don't get to talk to everyone.

rachaeljohnson
12-24-2009, 04:44 AM
shaye-you too!!! :)

AFM-cd 11. Merry Christmas Eve ladies!!! We bd last night and we will take today off and bd tomorrow...then every day until O and temp rise! Come on, i have to catch this one! :) We sat and watched the injection videos for the follistim pen and the ovridel and can i just say i don't want to have to stick needles in my stomach. Oye. I gave blood 27 times in like 6 months bc of my partial molar pregnancy and them making sure my hcg dropped and stayed at zero and didn't turn to cancer and i don't want any more needle pokes...ugh.

doodle19
12-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Rachael- Oh no! Needles are not fun, if you have to use them...maybe close your eyes while it's happening and imagine being huge pregnant, birth/delivery, Loralei with a sibling, etc, and maybe it'll be over fast. Sorry mama, but on the up side, you may catch this eggie and not have to do that!

I've got to clean, cook, pack and be gone by 11:30am. Have a great holiday everyone!

rachaeljohnson
12-24-2009, 06:21 AM
shaye-wow good luck, sounds like a busy 3 hours!

AFM-cervix is show and i think i have ewcm...but we bd last night. This means i am a day ahead of last months schedule. Maybe i will O on cd 14...wouldn't that be fantastic.

jenvbear
12-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Rach- That's what happened to me too. O at cd 14 on clomid round 2 adn O on cd 13 on round 3. Hopefully you'll O sooner too! WHoohooo!

rachaeljohnson
12-24-2009, 04:07 PM
jenv-what was your round 1? I wad cd 18, then 15, now i am hoping for 14 or better! :)

MommyKeller0107
12-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Rachael, The shots shouldn't be too bad... They should be about the size of a heparin / insulin needle, which really don't hurt as much as they seem. You can do it, and it's definitely worth it! :goodvibes: But I hope you don't have to use it! Catch this eggie!!! :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

rachaeljohnson
12-25-2009, 06:54 AM
Lori-thanks!!! How is the clomid going? No nasty side effects i hope? As long as my dh can give the shots i will be okay...I am with Mel, couldn't do it to myself. LOL. Dh keeps joking he is going to chase me around dexter style and put the needle in my neck. LOL.

Mel-did you trigger?? So excited for your 2ww!!

AFM-Merry Christmas everyone. I am totally show and getting a bit more ewcm (not really a peak amount yet i don't think) but getting close. We will start our marathon today and hopefully ovulate by monday! Wahoo!!! My right ovary hurts a little.

rachaeljohnson
12-25-2009, 01:24 PM
had to update...did an opk and it's like the same color as or maybe a half shade lighter...i suspect a positive tonight or tomorrow. Which is a day or 2 earlier than last month! :) I have seen it get close and go away before...but only without clomid when my pcos was giving me a hard time. :)

3 ladybugs
12-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Stop! I started a new thread here (http://http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9172666#post9172666).