PDA

View Full Version : i need to get out of the house b4 i lose my mind!

3kids4me
12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
i have a almost 3 month old and a 2 and 3 year old and i need some adult time... a weekend or night or something! but i have never pumped and dont have the room to store BM! i can feel my depression coming back i think its b/c i feel trapped..

i dont know what im looking for maybe just support

Clare378
12-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Do you have a pump?

deezee02
12-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I get out by going shopping once a week (well trying for once a week, everyone has been sick here lately so it has not happened). When dd was younger I would feed her and then hand her off right away and leave. This gave me at least an hour (during her growth spurts) and I would do out grocery shopping in peace--an typically walk down every isle of the store :)

Even a trip to target can be relaxing if you are alone :)

Clare378
12-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I found that DH bonded with the baby better (and I was much more sane) when I got to the point where I could leave for an hour or two. A vanilla steamer at the coffee shop or a quick trip to wander the mall made us all happier.

momof3boys1girl
12-19-2009, 06:35 PM
can u nurse before ;you leave then go shopping for a while and be back before your next session

ambieone
12-20-2009, 05:49 AM
I think getting out is better for mom and baby. I was having a pretty rough day the other day and dh told me I should go out. So I feed ds and went to the mall. I just walked around. I was in a much better mood when I got home and ds was also in a good mood. They can tell when you are stressed and it just makes them more crancky! Its amazing how much a couple hours of non baby time can help out!

Clare378
12-20-2009, 06:44 AM
Absolutely! Glad you're feeling better!

3kids4me
12-21-2009, 07:20 PM
i do have a pump and have gotten out of the house for an hour or two with and with out DH... however i think i need more time then that... not that i want to be away from my baby but i need time with DH and to just breath for a bit... DH was talking about taking a weekend trip...

ok i dont even know how much milk i would need to leave for him for a day... anyone have any ideas?