PDA

View Full Version : what does "good" condition mean?

amandaleigh37
01-24-2007, 03:39 PM
i bought some dipes sold as good condition..... well i dont know. all other dipes ive bought here have been in much better shape.

the insides feel *rough*, not soft at all.... must have been bleached?? i almost dont want to put them on my kiddo.. =(
and the inserts are stained blue....... =/

i just am very disappointed. spent $48 for 4 of these fuzzi bunz...

should i ask to return them? or does this fit the bill for *good* condition?

katiebubbles
01-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Maybe the person dyed the inserts blue. I have some that I dyed a pretty shade of pastel green.

amandaleigh37
01-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Maybe the person dyed the inserts blue. I have some that I dyed a pretty shade of pastel green.

don't think so.... look like they were washed with something blue...

but even so, shouldn't she mention that in the for sale post? :headscratch:

Hayley
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Good conditon to me means used and still useable!

But to each person it can mean something totally differnt!

hippydippymama
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
To me, "good condition" means that it shows some wear but still has lots of life left. If it's in worse shape than that, I put "fair condition." If it shows very little wear, it's VGUC, and if it looks new, it's EUC.

I think there should be a universal system for "conditions!" Because everyone's opinion of what is "Excellent" or "Good" is totally different....I bought some "EUC" Prowraps on Ebay a year or so ago and they were in TERRIBLE shape. I would have listed them as nothing better than "fair!"

Maybe the lady who had the inserts washed them with something blue that ran. I did that once with a blue bandanna and it dyed a few white things a blueish tint! That is pretty weird about the fleece though...I don't know why it would feel rough. Try washing em a few times and see what happens?

amandaleigh37
01-24-2007, 03:47 PM
would i be out of line to ask to return them for a refund (minus shipping)?

hippydippymama
01-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Is there anything else wrong with them other than the blue tint and the roughness? If these things weren't pointed out in the sale post, then I don't think you would be out of line asking for a refund. Whenever I sell things I always try to point out all flaws so no one will be like, "OMG you didn't tell me this!" I say take it up with the mama and see what she thinks. If you are truly unhappy with the dipes then she should refund you.

amandaleigh37
01-24-2007, 03:54 PM
No, she said some of them were seconds that she bought from the factory... so I would have expected some imperfections, but these you can tell were from tons of use. I don't know... I feel bad because the picture she had only showed the outsides, I should have asked more questions. But I definitely think she should have given some more info. I've bought many that said "normal pilling" of the fleece (as these were described), and these are by far the worst. I wouldn't care if I didn't pay as much for them! But I don't want to be a pain either... =/

Hayley
01-24-2007, 03:55 PM

IMO yes but the way you describe them to me sounds like Good Used condition. Have you tried washing the diapers? Inserts never stay white I had a blue Micro fiber towel bleed on to my insert before and tinted them. Just used some bleach and got rid of that right away.

Hayley
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
No, she said some of them were seconds that she bought from the factory... so I would have expected some imperfections, but these you can tell were from tons of use. I don't know... I feel bad because the picture she had only showed the outsides, I should have asked more questions. But I definitely think she should have given some more info. I've bought many that said "normal pilling" of the fleece (as these were described), and these are by far the worst. I wouldn't care if I didn't pay as much for them! But I don't want to be a pain either... =/

That is the thing too, You have to ask as a buyer that is your job KWIM?

I think you should pm her and ask what the deal is with the inserts and see if you can get a refund of some kind KWIM?

allye
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Hmm...
I think someone here had a post or a thread on this sort of thing.. I wish I could remember who posted it.:headscratch:

Anyways to me this is how I feel about used diapers...

1. Excellent used condition - means just that. No rips, no holes, no stains, no tears. Elastic is fine, diapers are still in GREAT usable condition. (for example if you bought a used FB and the inner was still bright white, or a Berry Plush which was still quite fluffy!)

2. Great used condition - means that they may have a stain or two, or they aren't as bright as they once were , may have some small issues, but lots of life left in the diaper - couldn't ask for full used price, but still a great deal!

3. Good used condition - means just that. Plenty of life left in the diaper, may have some issues which wouldn't make them "great" or "excellent". May have some leaks, some small holes, some liner wear. Diapers still in usable condition however not in the best of shape.

If these flaws were not mentioned in the post, I would def. send a friendly post to the mama who sold them to you, and just casually ask if she had noticed the blue tinges , etc. If the diapers are in usable condition (as in the tinges are the only problem!) then I would ask nicely for a partial refund. If you feel in your heart that the diapers cannot be used for anything, then I would make the offer to mail them back for a full refund .

Good luck, and I am sorry to hear this happened! Unfortunetly when you buy used items, doesn't matter what it is, sometimes people miss things and flaws come up... :hug:

amandaleigh37
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
That is the thing too, You have to ask as a buyer that is your job KWIM?

I think you should pm her and ask what the deal is with the inserts and see if you can get a refund of some kind KWIM?

Yeah I know what you mean.... that's why I'm asking. I really don't want to be a pain. But like I've said, I've bought a bunch from people here and have always been so pleased with their condition. And if I were selling these I definitely would let buyers know that the inserts were blue... and personally I think the fleece is worse than "normal pilling"... For the condition they're in, I would have paid about half of what I did =/ And if I tried to resell them there is no way I could sell them for what I paid, listing the details of their condition.

ravenonyx
01-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I think sometimes we get used to getting so many diapers in GREAT conditions from huge rotations that we don't see much else.

"GUC" means totally usable without functional issues, and minor cosmetic stuff IMHO. "Fair" condition to me means something that needs work.

Microfiber inserts are notorious for picking up extra dye. I once accidentally washed a new microfiber towel (green) with 3 CB inserts.. they were a beautiful shade of flourescent yellow after that! I would think tinted inserts would still be GUC unless there are functional issues, ends coming unserged, etc.

Regarding the stiffness, that person may line dry her diapers. Wash it, run it through the dryer (which will seal the PUL) for about 10 minutes on high. See if it's soft then. (Do NOT do this with nylon BG's and the like).

kimb96
01-24-2007, 04:17 PM
I believe in buyer beware. When you are buying used items, you take a risk. You need to ask specific questions and ask for additional pics if needed. You cannot assume someone's opinion is the same as yours. I'm sorry you are disapointed but I do not think you are entitled to a refund. Used diapers don't come with money back guarentees or warranties. You knew they were seconds so you should have expected flaws. As for the inserts, who cares if they are tinted blue? That in no way will affect their performance. I'm sorry you felt you paid too much but if you want money back guarantees, you should buy new. And I don't think she was out of line in describing them as good used condition.

football_cheer_mom
01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I believe in buyer beware. When you are buying used items, you take a risk. You need to ask specific questions and ask for additional pics if needed. You cannot assume someone's opinion is the same as yours. I'm sorry you are disapointed but I do not think you are entitled to a refund. Used diapers don't come with money back guarentees or warranties. You knew they were seconds so you should have expected flaws. As for the inserts, who cares if they are tinted blue? That in no way will affect their performance. I'm sorry you felt you paid too much but if you want money back guarantees, you should buy new. And I don't think she was out of line in describing them as good used condition.

ITA, It sucks, but I agree. I have bought so many dipes on here that came not as described and I was so disappointed, so I cut my losses and just resold them to get what I really wanted. Take a mental note of who you bought from so this doesn't happen to you again. I'm sorry mama :hugs: .

Nikki

ravenonyx
01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Take a mental note of who you bought from so this doesn't happen to you again.

Is that fair to the other mama, though? Okay, just for discussion purposes..

if many agree that it does sound like "good used condition", and the seller did NOT misrepresent (or if the OP now agrees with that) - then the OP needs to be sure not to buy more items that are "GUC" or to ask more questions if she does. It sounds like she would prefer items that are VGUC/EUC.

Just saying I think it's the descriptors/info she needs to be more picky about, not that particular seller.

football_cheer_mom
01-24-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree, but I think a mental note on what that particular seller considers GUC. I have bought from a particular seller and was told it was EUC, when it showed up, it was not in that condition. It was maybe GUC....

I gave her the benefit of the doubt, saw something else being sold by her and bought again and asked quite a few questions. I received the item and was again disappointed. That's why I say take a mental note.

You bring up good points though Ravenonyx.

Nikki

ravenonyx
01-24-2007, 05:31 PM
You made good points, also! :) Yeah it would suck to go through it twice..

Prettylocks
01-24-2007, 05:39 PM

Yes. It would have been nice for her to mention the blue inserts and rough fleece, but if they are clean and usable, I don't think she should have to refund.

hippydippymama
01-24-2007, 05:53 PM
I kind of agree with these latest posts. What the OP described does sound like it fits the bill as GUC. Then again, I am not too picky about my dipes - if they fit and work that's good enough for me! It's only when something is listed as EUC or VGUC and it's really more like fair condition that I would be mad. But it did say "good" and to me, something as insignificant as blue-tinted inserts and pilly fleece falls in the range of "good."

I do still think that if you are really upset about the dipes, you should do something about it. maybe she didn't honestly notice or care about the fleece or the blueness. If the seller doesn't want to refund, then sell them here and recoup your losses. I'm sure there are plenty of mamas who won't mind the small flaws on these dipes.

adrocksmommy
01-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Like a pp said, she may line dry. That would account for roughness. She may have hard water. Give them a good stripping:thumbsup:

allye
01-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I had some BP which came in rough , and I stripped them, and dryer dried them and they came out fine!
:goodvibes:

kgsd
01-25-2007, 07:08 AM
It's entirely possible that all of the seller's diapers are like this so she didn't realize they were rougher than normal. And I don't think blue inserts are that big of a deal (although I would have mentioned that in my post, if I were the seller).

That said, as a seller, I would want a buyer to be 100% happy with what they got. I wouldn't mind if someone asked for a refund, minus shipping (assuming they sent the diapers back). Basically, as long as I wasn't out any money and I could just re-sell them. I think the buyer should be nice about asking for a refund, though.