PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT home remedy for ear ache?

briggsy13
02-27-2010, 04:33 PM
With my last pregnancy (or the one before, can't remember which) I had a really bad ear ache, that I new just had to be an infection. Went to the OB and they looked and said my ear was clear. So I'm very hesitant to go see a dr. But my ear is bothering me quite a bit. I have taken tylenol and so far it's not really doing much. I put some drops of tea tree oil in there cause I heard it has wonderful healing powers (so to speak). Any ideas for pain relief? THanks!!!

BellaJunction
02-27-2010, 04:51 PM
With my last pregnancy (or the one before, can't remember which) I had a really bad ear ache, that I new just had to be an infection. Went to the OB and they looked and said my ear was clear. So I'm very hesitant to go see a dr. But my ear is bothering me quite a bit. I have taken tylenol and so far it's not really doing much. I put some drops of tea tree oil in there cause I heard it has wonderful healing powers (so to speak). Any ideas for pain relief? THanks!!!

I saw this on Dr Oz :giggle2: Crush one clove of garlic and roll it in olive oil, stick it in your ear and cover with a Band Aid overnight, it is supposed to be healed by morning.

kocho
02-27-2010, 05:39 PM
When my ears are bothering me I put peroxide in them. I leave it in for 10-15 minutes or until it stops bubbling and then drain. This feels wonderful if your ears are blocked up.

Green Decals
02-27-2010, 05:43 PM
A very common natural remedy that you can buy at any healthfood store is garlic and olive oil. Simmer some whole cloves of garlic in some olive oil for about 10 minutes, then remove it from the heat and let it cool. Put a few drops in your ear as needed. You can store the oil in a bottle with a dropper, and then each time you need it just let it warm in a cup of hot water.

hullabal98
02-27-2010, 07:32 PM
breastmilk. seriously. I use it for pink eye and ear aches. I even know mamas who will keep a few bags of .5 oz in their freezers after they wean just for this purpose. If you know any bfing moms, ask them. really, it works!! my pedi in Abq bfed her kids and she even closed the door one day during a visit and suggested it in a whisper. I cracked up and told her I already do it and that she doesn't have to whisper!!! :rofl:

slimy72
02-27-2010, 07:36 PM
When my ears are bothering me I put peroxide in them. I leave it in for 10-15 minutes or until it stops bubbling and then drain. This feels wonderful if your ears are blocked up.

My ears have been killing me for three days so I tried this because it sounded like the easiest, least stinky solution. It was AMAZING!!! My ears feel so good. How did I not know about this sooner, my ears hurt alot, and I constantly get ear infections.

ittybittycoconuts
02-28-2010, 12:49 AM
If it's inner ear pain try a sinus flush and stretching your jaw. Sounds crazy but it could be referred
pain

Macyllehub
02-28-2010, 11:28 AM
In this house, we use either breastmilk or garlic & olive oil. Works wonders!

SenoraE
02-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I thought I had an ear infection last weekend & went to the ER - turns out it was swimmer's ear. Geez - who would have thought in the winter! So you can also check out home remedies for swimmer's ear just in case! :) If it doesn't clear up - you may also need to get a check up at your dentist for TMJ. Hopefully one of the natural remedies will work! :)

armywife2002
02-28-2010, 12:09 PM
a preventative for swimmers ear is equal parts rubbing alcohol and vinegar- put a few drops in each ear when you get out of the water... they used it at girl scout camp and used those plastic red ketchup bottles to dispense it, lol.

i still get regular ear infections, and peroxide does help. i'll have to try the garlic and olive oil next time :thumbsup:

LoveThyScent
02-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I mix a few drops of gse in about 1/2oz of rubbing alcohol and put a couple drops in the ear. Works every time ;)