PDA

View Full Version : Mama's with two

MeCo7707
03-28-2010, 12:04 PM
So I am 10 weeks from baby number 2, and have a 19 month old that has been completly diaperless since like 9 months. At the end of next month my book about diaperless living is finally coming out and putting myself out there to share the experience and promote the book has been fine except for the horrible flack from - of all people - my family and friends! They keep telling me how I WILL NOT be able to raise two diaperless children, my mom (my one supporter - well that and DH) wants me to write a second book that will come out when new baby is about 2 that will target raising multiple children in a diaperless home. I like the idea, and of course work towards the second book is already on it's way but I guess I'm just annoyed and needed to vent to people who ec their kids...it's kind of hard to vent about people to people who share the same view as those who are annoying you lol.

To all you mama's (and papa's) raising more then one babe EC go you!

aldensmom
03-28-2010, 08:36 PM
awesome that you've written a book about this! kup about it when it comes out!

i just have one baby right now, he's 10 months and we just started EC, but i babysit 3 other toddlers all 12-18 months (these kiddos are in dipes), so i am wondering how having my guy diaper-free will go. i figure we'll try to spend lots of time outside this summer, and see how it goes! i'd love to do EC with the other kiddos if their parents were interested, but think i should maybe focus on alden first so i don't get overwhelmed...

mel j
03-29-2010, 05:33 AM
I am currently EC'ing two (5 months and 19 months), and yes, it is certainly hard sometimes (ESPECIALLY when you have the two of them by yourself and they both need to potty at the same time and the oldest wants your help too), but not impossible! Both of my babies use potties and the toilet almost 100% of time at home. You will need a LOT of patience (as if you didn't realize that already!) It is a bonus that your older child is already diaper free, and also that your mom and husband are supportive. I also have the full support of my husband and my mother in law, especially, who even try to help potty the children sometimes when they are available. I will say I didn't start from birth with either of them...but that was partly because of our laundry situation and we wouldn't have been able to deal with the amount of laundry we would likely have had, so my youngest was in disposables for a bit, plus my oldest was on a potty strike for a few months while he was learning to walk and I wasn't sure what to do, so he was still in diapers most of the time until a few weeks ago. If we have a third I definitely want to finally start from birth now that we have our own washer!

GO FOR IT! :lostit: :thumbsup:

MeCo7707
03-29-2010, 06:06 AM
That's awesome - thanks so much for sharing! I started DD on the potty at 2 weeks, and this one we are hoping to start at the hospital.

Sakari
11-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I just found this thread and had to resurrect it :)

Is your book out yet?!?! I want a copy!!!!

MeCo7707
11-10-2010, 01:47 AM
It's done but it's not out. We were doing the final bit of rewrites and my mom, who was helping me publish, said that it was crap. I got discourage and just left it at that.

Thanks for the interest though :goodvibes: I have a copy of my final draft if you want to read it.

Sakari
11-10-2010, 06:32 AM
No way. Your mom is wrong. Flat out wrong.

I definitely would love to read it! Would you mind?? and then let's get you PUBLISHED!!! :hugs:

my email is curlyhairdoideas @ yahoo dot com if you want ... :)

MeCo7707
11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Alright I will send the copy I have on this computer - it's not the most finished one, the most finished one is on my hard drive with a computer with a fix it guy lol technology is such a pain :)

Sakari
11-10-2010, 03:58 PM
YAY!! :yay: I can't wait!!

mel j
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh, I want to read it, too! And I would likely disagree with your mom! Sorry about her reaction!

EC'ing two babies is totally worth it even though it can be hard at times! :giggle:

niftysmith
11-11-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm glad this thread was resurrected. This sounds like something really exciting. We just started EC'ing our first baby at 7 months, and I know that when we have the next one (or two or three), I'd like to start EC from birth.

I'm a graphic designer and a friend of social media, so if you need any help (and encouragement), don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

I'd love to read what you've written, too, but I'm afraid I won't have any spare time until after Christmas. :giggle:

MeCo7707
11-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks for all the support ladies! :goodvibes: I suppose I could bring the book back to life and finish working on it.

I dunno if I can actually say I EC two, when YDD was about a month DH built ODD a stool (ODD was about to turn two at the time) and I've been unneeded in the potty department ever since :giggle: She will say she has to pee sometimes and I will say "well then go get on the potty silly girl" but that's about it, most of the time I just hear the toilet flush :giggle2: