PDA

View Full Version : Remember my PERIOD POST FOR MY FRIEND ..

Moo&LaLasMomma
02-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Lets see if you can answer this for her...

Slept w/guy on Jan 12,2007

Started Period on Jan 14,2007

* normally(95% of time) 5-6 days & heavy *

Period Light & Stopped on Jan 17, 2007

due for period Feb 9/10ish

Today still NO SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS(AT ALL) OF AF.

??????

Please tell me its just NERVES !!!

back to me know ... so what do you all think ?

heidisue
02-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I would say it's highly unlikely she is preggo. Your body does not "know" that you are preggo until the egg implants and your levels start rising. So, if she slept with somebody on the 12th (probably the evening) and the sperm booked it up there to fertilize the egg within 24 hours - it still would not have implanted until January 22nd or so. That would have been well after her body figured out to lighten her period.

But, she can take a test - if she really ovulated right before her last period then she would have gotten a postive at the beginning of this month because she would already be around 29 dpo.

Proverbs169
02-11-2007, 09:09 PM
first... nerves will only make AF late *before* ovulation, not after. Nerves do not increase the luteal (post O) phase, but they can increase the pre- O stage, so it isn't stress (at least stress from thinking she might be pg). That said it is highly unlikely that she is pg. People can have light periods, it's totally normal, even when they have had mostly heavy ones in the past. She can slo have an off cycle and O late or early, which is also normal. If she was expecting her AF on the 14th and knows her cycle, and was expecting it then, there is pretty much no way she is pregnant since she only dtd 2 days before AF was due.

HTH :)

MommaRhi
02-11-2007, 09:13 PM
If she slept w/ the guy on 1/12 and got her af 2 days later there's nothing much to worry about anyhow. Your af cycle also changes monthly. Sometimes I last 5 days and sometimes only 3.

dirtdartwife
02-11-2007, 09:15 PM
have her take a test.

did she just get off or start hormonal birth control? Or for some odd reason decide to take an entire packet of birth control pills as a "just in case"? (I know too many people that have tried this stupid tactic in the hopes of getting the morning after pill effect... talk about screwing up your system)

She could just have an off cycle. But I'd have her take a test. Good luck and I hope things turn out ok for her! :hugs: