PDA

View Full Version : Update post #10! BumGenius Diaper Sprayer died, not even used for one year :(

boysniris
05-09-2010, 09:16 AM
UPDATE: CB replied w/contact info for Mini Shower, the manufacturer. Hopefully they will be able to send me a replacement part when I call them tomorrow.

I see questions about diaper sprayer quality from time to time so I wanted to share my experience. I bought a BumGenius sprayer last year and was very happy with it. Unfortunately, it broke last week :(

Something went wrong w/the handle that you press to make it spray; DH looked at it and said it had two little plastic prongs (on the inside) to activate the spraying when the handle was pressed, and the two little plastic prongs had snapped off. He tried to fix it but the thing kept leaking. So I've contacted Cotton Babies but here's the sucky thing: I bought the sprayer early, 3/27/09, and baby didn't arrive until the end of May. So I think I might have screwed myself out of the warranty, which is 1 year from date of purchase. I thought that was a great warranty, but we haven't even been using it for a year, it's broken, and it's no longer under warranty.

I'll update once I hear from CB, but I have to say that it's very disappointing the sprayer didn't last for one baby. Our kitchen sink sprayer has held up for years and gets much more use! If CB won't replace I hope my DH can just put a sink sprayer on it somehow.

aLittleBouncingSoul
05-09-2010, 11:32 AM
So sorry mama! I've used mine for over a year with no problems. I hope cottonbabies can help you out!!

Fishie Kisses
05-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh man! I hope they help you out! We got out sprayer from Home Depot for $15. It connects to the shower, but has a 6ft hose, so more than reaches our toilet. Something to consider :goodvibes:

boysniris
05-09-2010, 12:57 PM
DH will be able to rig something up, in fact he probably could have done a DIY one from the beginning but it was easier to buy it ready-to-go. I just feel angry to spend $40+ on a sprayer that crapped out just past warranty.

Oh man! I hope they help you out! We got out sprayer from Home Depot for $15. It connects to the shower, but has a 6ft hose, so more than reaches our toilet. Something to consider

Our shower head is on a spray hose, so that's what I'm using in the meantime. It's just unwieldy: bigger spray, can't control the strength, harder to turn on/off. It's better than dunk/flush, which I tried at first, but I really miss the sprayer :cry:

the8dunlaps
05-09-2010, 02:49 PM
That REALLY stinks! I have a "Mini Shower" brand sprayer and it is and has been my best friend with cdin'g.. (and Dh's he loves it). It's been going for OVER & YEARS STRONG yes 7 years... We've had to replace the button (black button) because the spring mechanism goes bad after a few yrs. but BOTH times mini shower has SENT US A NEW BUTTON FREE OF CHARGE, ... And we didn't have a receipt, and the first time was after 4 years and I did tell them that.. and they sent it anyway. Their customer service is amazing!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

boysniris
05-09-2010, 03:10 PM
It's the trigger that failed -- if BG will send me a replacement trigger then all will be well. As it is, DH fixed the leak w/a new rubber washer and rigged a "new" trigger w/some homemade tape/metal contraption so I could still get it to spray but it's not very ergonomic or easy to use :giggle2: Beats the shower though!

I am so happy to have handy DH :)

Wish I'd bought a "mini shower", sounds like they have a quality product and great CS :)

whiteyacht
05-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I *think* the Mini Shower people actually make the BG sprayer, and Cottonbabies just puts their label on it. If you can't get a replacement from CB, maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask at Mini Shower!

boysniris
05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I *think* the Mini Shower people actually make the BG sprayer, and Cottonbabies just puts their label on it. If you can't get a replacement from CB, maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask at Mini Shower!

I'll look into that depending on what I hear back from CB. Thanks :)

ETA: I went to the mini shower website and it does look pretty much like the same sprayer -- thanks for the info!

BeckysBabyMakes6
05-09-2010, 03:40 PM
My BG sprayer did the exact same thing!Same piece broke, too. DH took it apart and super glued the plastic pieces and it worked for about a month, then he super glued it again, ect ect.....we limped it along a few months more and then just had to replace it. I was so upset that it broke so quickly and easily! It was well cared for and cost $45!! It's crazy that it should break so quickly! DH built me one with parts from Home Depot but it leaks like CRAZY and has flooded our bathroom several times (when I forget to shut it off by the wall). I actually prefer the strength of the spray on the one from Home Depot, too! I wish I'd just skipped the BG sprayer altogether! They have sprayers for like $20ppd on Ebay! I'd never spend $45 on a sprayer these days!

Oh, and my sprayer crapped out the week DD had a stomach bug and tons of diarrhea several times a day. I TRIED dunk and swish but I have low water levels in my toilets and it just did NOT work! I ended up having to use disposables for about 3 days while I waited for the bug to pass (took 2 weeks to get DH to build me the new one!)!

boysniris
05-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Mini Shower is sending me a replacement button -- YAY :) BTW Mini Shower has excellent CS, they are friendly and helped me out right away.

BeckysBabyMakes6 -- > our house just had stomach flu, yuck, can you believe the timing?!?! Luckily it's been nice and sunny so no stains :)

whiteyacht
05-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Woohoo! So great that they are helpful & have good CS.