PDA

View Full Version : When did you start blogging?

mommabritt
05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
(If this isn't allowed, and this forum is ONLY for linking to your personal space, please move accordingly! Thanks! :thumbsup:)

If you have a site of your own, sharing either personal or family info, when did you start it?

I would love to start a blog, especially because we are in the military and will probably be moved next year after DH returns home from Afghanistan. We don't use other social forums to keep in touch, and dont want to start. A blog might give us a way to show off what we and the children have been up to for family members who are interested.

Although I LOVE the idea of this, it seems a bit wierd to me to start it so late. I mean, DH and have been married for almost seven years. Our boys are seven, four, and two. Its not like we're starting a new chapter to sort-of "kick off" the star of a blog. So WWYD?

Did you have it already when your family came along or did you start afterward and just post a "up until now we...." entry?

Any input you have it great!! Thanks!! :thumbsup:

crysalis
05-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Eventually I just plan on putting kind of a family background (nothing too personal) on a blog page, since Blogger finally added that feature. Then I'll link to it from a nav bar under my header. That way, people who are jumping in to read can click the linky and find out a little more about us.

mommabritt
05-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Oooh thats a great idea! DH is gone on deployment until Dec so I was thinking Id add this to my list of things to start while he's gone... :giggle:

myfrugalfunlife
05-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Wow, when did we get a blogging forum :lostit: I just started blogging three months ago and its all about our journey to becoming debt free and my personal journey to become an awesome frugal wonder woman :mrgreen: Its never too late to blog-just jump in and do it!

UnderTheStars
05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
You can start whenever you want! There are no rules - it's just like journaling. If you have something to say, go ahead and blog it. :thumbsup: I like the idea of the "About Us" page. Also, if you use blogger I'm pretty sure they have controls where you can only allow certain people to see your blog (if you just want it to be for family).

ETA: Originally I started about 3 years ago, but then I forgot and by the time I got back to it I forgot my password. I just restarted blogging again a few months ago and it's so much fun for me. I nearly always keep my blogs lighthearted and funny because writing is my "escape" from the day!

mommabritt
05-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Those are great ideas...I think Im just gonna do it. Thanks mamas!

Anyone else wanna share how you started?

Johnnysmommy
05-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah, just jump right in! I think Blogger is a great platform for newbies.

I've been blogging for about 2.5 years. It's nice to keep track of all my wacky ideas!

UnderTheStars
05-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Those are great ideas...I think Im just gonna do it. Thanks mamas!

Anyone else wanna share how you started?

Just get an account at Blogger (http://blogger.com) (it is the easiest that I've seen for newbies to the blogging scene) and start writing. Write about anything! Family, recipes, funny stories, movies, whatever. If you have a particular passion, start with that. Writing is my passion, so I just write humorous anectdotes about life in general (there is no lack of material around our house!) but if you have a specific knowledge of photography or something, you may have a wealth of info to share on that too!

SpartyGuard
05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I started about 6 months ago. I had started reading lots of blogs and thought it was something I'd like to do too. I don't have a whole lot of time to do it but its been fun so far!

mommabritt
05-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Awesome!! Thanks for the input!

MamaNotes
05-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I have blogger and started mine a little over a year ago! www.mamanotes.com

Cecile82
05-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Hello!
I started my blog when my husband and I moved from Uruguay to Malaysia. It was the perfect way to keep in touch with friends and family. Soon we knew I was pregnant and our baby was born there so now the blog is all hers :D
If you are interested my family blog is www.martincecilia.blogspot.com, it is in spanish so... it might be a problem :S

Now we are living in Brazil and I stay at home with my 1.5 years old baby so I decided to start sewing, creating patterns for sell and crafting and I created a new blog with all the stuff I do. www.soteitei.blogspot.com this one is translated to english too ;)

Although there are times in life that seems perfect to start blogging, I think there is not specific time, you can start it whenever you feel like it and IŽm sure youŽll always have interesting things to post there.
Just give it a try! I recommend blogger, it has lots of features and it is really easy to use.

Good luck!

Smalls
06-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I started by blog a few months ago just because I had some free time. I didn't really have anything to say. I just like being able to vent when there's nobody to talk to. I like venting about every day stuff that annoys everyone (especially traffic) but also have giveaways, cloth diaper stories, links to other giveaways. Pretty much anything goes. My life isn't that interesting but it's a fun way to keep a journal!

LDolphy
06-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I need to start blogging, but have no idea how to start!