PDA

View Full Version : trying to find a trim AI2 system... will best bottom inserts snap into GroVia shells?

2kiddomommy
05-31-2010, 09:48 PM
I have one flip cover and am happy with it, but am trying to figure out the best insert to put in it... must be TRIM and absorbent... anyone have any suggestions?

On that note... my DD is 8 months, 18-19 lbs and starting to get wiggly during diaper changes. Anyone have any suggestions for a diaper cover that has a snap in insert? I've tried GroVia and though the inserts snapped in I hated how totally BULKY they were. I have seen that best bottoms have a snap in liner, but the shells are out of stock... Are they worth waiting for? What is their fit comparison to the flip? (Right now DD has the flip snapped on the smallest rise setting!!) Can the best bottom inserts be snapped into the GroVia shells? (that being said I like the fit of the flip better than the fit of the GroVia shell on DD.)

Sorry for the random post... I should have gone to bed an hour ago... DS threads are quite addicting...

TIA!!

Mom2Carter
06-01-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm in the same boat you are.

Bestbottom has 2 layers of PUL, which I'm not really loving. it just seems kind of thick and crunchy to me. It comes down lower on the thighs, which it still fits just fine. I have their microfiber inserts, and hemp inserts. While I don't like microfiber, they are much softer than the hemp. The hemp while quite trim, just feels kind of rough to me. Bestbottom also has extra leg gussets, where Flip doesn't. For my DD who is on solids and almost a year, the extra leg gussets aren't necessary, so we prefer the Flips with the looser elastic.

I've been laying the bestbottom inserts inside my flip covers, just because I like the cover better than bestbottom. I do like the inserts how I don't have to fold or anything. now, if I could find an organic cotton insert shaped like a bestbottom insert- I'd be in love :)

The bestbottom inserts will not snap into a Grovia shell. The snaps are in different places. But, I have just laid the insert in my Grovia and it was just fine w/no shifting.

:)

m&m&m
06-01-2010, 07:48 AM
SoftBums are very trim and have a snap in insert. They have 4 different options as far as inserts go too. Microfiber with fleece, Super Microfiber (an extra layer of mf) with fleece, bamboo with fleece, and organic bamboo velour.

scorpiox2
06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm in the same boat you are.

if I could find an organic cotton insert shaped like a bestbottom insert- I'd be in love :)

:)

so any luck yet?!!:bumpsign:

amydror
06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't know about bestbottom or grovia but I use softbums and love them. They have a snap-in insert in 4 different materials and are super trim.

Shawna
06-11-2010, 03:24 PM
The gro via has a snap that is sized differently than the standard snaps. There are no other inserts that will snap into the gro via diapers besides the gro via and grobaby soakers.