Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What is it about newborns.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454457)

happysmileylady 10-16-2012 01:16 PM

What is it about newborns..

that seems to make you always want more of them?

I am 4 days post partum. My pregnancy sucked. It was simple, complication free, very typical, but it was really hard on me, personally. I didn't enjoy it, complained and whined the whole time, was constantly uncomfortable or in pain etc etc. And labor and delivery also sucked. I knew at the beginning of the week last week that I was going to be delivering at the end of the week. I had been having contractions for a while, but I could feel they were different, and I began having this constant cramp like pain, like one long period like cramp that didn't let up between contractions. By the time I got into L&D for real at 4am on Friday morning, I was in so much pain and so tired of being in so much pain that I had no other option, for me, than an epi. And while I am fine with that, it still sucked.

In addition to how much pregnancy, labor and delivery sucked, this is baby number 4, we got our boy, I am almost 35, DH is 42, and just in general, we are DONE. Neither of us wants more.

But as I sit here nursing this little guy at the keyboard, and my 4 yr old and my 2 yr old are quietly playing together while DH is upstairs cleaning...I can't help but be a little sad that I will never have another newborn ever again. What is it about those squishy little newborns that does this to us despite all of that saying we are DONE?

EmilytheStrange 10-16-2012 01:31 PM

Re: What is it about newborns..

Right after I had my baby, I wanted a new one now. Not that mine wasn't enough, but I loved the cuddles, etc - I wanted to be pregnant again immediately.

and that's saying something, because I really don't enjoy the newborn stage. I am LOVING the toddler stage :)

MsGiggles 10-16-2012 01:36 PM

This happens to me, too! I have HG pregnancies and they SUCK big time, but as soon as those gorgeous squishy babes are out, all I can think is "awwww, let us have another one!" I'm tired chasing a 9mo old and a 2 year old, but when we're out and about and see a 4 week old I almost start to cry and swear can feel my ovaries reaching out to snuggle that babe! :lostit:

EmilytheStrange 10-16-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsGiggles (Post 15819816)
but when we're out and about and see a 4 week old I almost start to cry and swear can feel my ovaries reaching out to snuggle that babe! :lostit:

my uterus area used to physically ache when I'd hold my baby.
I used to say that my uterus was jealous of my arms.

Scarlett's mommy 10-16-2012 02:18 PM

its because your high on baby love hormones :)

badmisterkitty 10-16-2012 02:32 PM

My baby is almost 2 months old and I started getting that feeling. Except DH is getting a vasectomy in December. And even though I have that twinge of maybe-we-shouldn't-do-that, I know in my heart of hearts that I cannot do pregnancy again. If we have more babies it will be through fostering or adoption. This baby factory is closed.

BrownCowMama 10-16-2012 02:37 PM

I agree! Were on no.4, our oldest only just turning 4 years old :) I think we are going to have a problem when we decide that we are done...we all love new babies!! And i love birthing!

southernbelle04 10-16-2012 02:37 PM

My baby is 9 months old...I just started having that feeling. :giggle: I love newborns but I am not a fan of the chaos and general life upheaval that a baby brings. It takes me months to get a new normal going so it takes a long time for me to get pregnancy/baby fever again.

sisu 10-16-2012 03:54 PM

It's the oxytocin surges from nursing. ;)

Congrats on the new babe! :wub:

Christylkeller 10-16-2012 04:02 PM

I am with you momma! I HATE pregnancy. It is so hard on my body (and I am sure everyones body). In my 1st 2 pregnancies I SWORE I was NEVER doing this again, but then when I am holding that squishy little baby, I realize that I want to have 100 more (not really, but you know what I mean). Congrats on the new baby, momma!