Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Pagan families thread! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499819)

kaydove 03-13-2013 09:48 PM

I was inspired to start a Pagan families thread from another thread. I'm hoping this will be a place for us who believe and practice an earth based spirituality to be able to connect. We can share what we believe and how we celebrate our holidays, what that looks like in our families, and our daily lives.

We're coming up on Ostara - welcoming back spring and new life to the Earth! What's everyone's plans for Ostara?
We're staying with DHs catholic grandma for the time being so I'm not sure we'll be doing much. I'm going to try to put something stealthy together. It's March 20th!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

waterisntsomething 03-13-2013 09:51 PM

Re: Pagan families thread!
 
I'll join! I don't consider myself pagan per se but I am definitely alternatively spiritual with an earthy vibe :giggle: and I did meet my SO at a pagan sanctuary.

kaydove 03-13-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterisntsomething
I'll join! I don't consider myself pagan per se but I am definitely alternatively spiritual with an earthy vibe :giggle: and I did meet my SO at a pagan sanctuary.

Welcome! I'm an atheist pagan - I don't believe in deities but everything else that goes hand in hand with paganism: reincarnation, sacredness of Mother Earth, interconnectedness of us all, and an energy that can be tapped into to influence change or what we intend. I say pagan because its a whole lot shorter to say. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

earthflower 03-14-2013 09:09 AM

I would love to join. I live in a rural area, in a very small town out in the country, so it will be nice to connect with y'all.


kinda off-topic but, I met a couple people recently on Facebook that are pagans, yesterday I finally got to meet them irl. I was kinda catfished though, one of them was a transgender which is cool but I 100% thought I was going to be meeting a girl so I was surprised to meet a guy lol.

waterisntsomething 03-14-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydove (Post 16393572)

Welcome! I'm an atheist pagan - I don't believe in deities but everything else that goes hand in hand with paganism: reincarnation, sacredness of Mother Earth, interconnectedness of us all, and an energy that can be tapped into to influence change or what we intend. I say pagan because its a whole lot shorter to say. Hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I pretty much loosely believe in all that too. I tend to lean heavily into cosmic spiritualism. I don't feel very home here on Earth. I believe my "soul" or energy or whatever comes from somewhere else's the universe and I'm sort of popping in here on Earthto experience, learn, be challenged, etc....

l_Kimmie_l 03-14-2013 09:14 AM

Re: Pagan families thread!
 
We will be decorating the alter and getting ready for spring. This is when I repot plants and get them ready for new growth.

kaydove 03-14-2013 09:57 PM

I'm thinking about making Ostara my spiritual new year. Samhain doesn't seem like a new beginnings to me but spring does so I'm thinking about treating Ostara as new year. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

waterisntsomething 03-14-2013 10:00 PM

Re: Pagan families thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydove (Post 16397371)
I'm thinking about making Ostara my spiritual new year. Samhain doesn't seem like a new beginnings to me but spring does so I'm thinking about treating Ostara as new year. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I don't really celebrate the holidays anymore (spiritually at least) but I totally agree. I love Samhain but it doesn't feel like a year starter. I'm partial to imbolc though.

waterisntsomething 03-14-2013 10:00 PM

Re: Pagan families thread!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthflower (Post 16394461)
I would love to join. I live in a rural area, in a very small town out in the country, so it will be nice to connect with y'all.


kinda off-topic but, I met a couple people recently on Facebook that are pagans, yesterday I finally got to meet them irl. I was kinda catfished though, one of them was a transgender which is cool but I 100% thought I was going to be meeting a girl so I was surprised to meet a guy lol.

That would definitely be surprising!

willownz 03-15-2013 05:25 AM

Re: Pagan families thread!
 
I am in the Southern Hemisphere so it will be Mabon for me. I will be baking bread.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors