Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Where does your baby hide things? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524112)

BootyGold 08-20-2008 12:05 PM

Where does your baby hide things?

So I saw this thread yesterday on a missing diaper, and it got me thinking about all the things I've found in strange places lately since my 15mo can open the fridge, the garbage can, the diaper pail, the washing machine...and so on.

Here's a few of the very odd things I've found:
1. A flip flop in the freezer
2. A handful of those little people toys in with the diaper wash
3. A half a bin of CLEAN diapers in the diaper pail
4. a pacifier in the drawer of my sewing table

Anyone got a lo that like to hide things around the house??

jenns3kids 08-20-2008 01:06 PM

Re: Where does your baby hide things?

my dd likes to put stuff in the trunk of her car!!! If something's missing, I look there first.

jausten 08-20-2008 01:17 PM

EVERYTHING goes into the trash can

It is so fun digging through the trash every single day. I just moved it into the pantry today. :yuck:

sourpatch_babe 08-20-2008 01:51 PM

it's either the trashcan for any eating utensil (I lost all of my wedding gift spoons before figuring it out and quite a few bowls too) or if it's money it's his pockets.

that boy loves money like a fish loves water.

jennym91005 08-20-2008 05:05 PM

oh man does my son hide things! cabinets, recycling, diaper pail, in other toys... I couldnt find his red thirsties cover for like 2 wks, found it later in the back of his clifford ride on toy. he has a ball popper, everything goes in there! cell phones, play dradle toy, binks, EVERYTHING! he hides his binks all ovr b/c i told him i was gonna take em away soon! silly kid

klen 08-20-2008 06:10 PM

my son is only 8 months but he throws his soothie under his crib during nap times. That's the only time he gets a soothie & I guess when he's done with it he throws it overboard!

2007mama 08-20-2008 10:21 PM

I wish I knew! :roflmbo:

Seriously, DH just found the dog's collar under a recliner (I had been searching for days), and I am still missing lots of things. Probably some are just misplaced due to a terrible case of mommy brain I'm having, but seriously, I think this kiddo has a stash of mommy's treasures somewhere...

misawaashley 08-21-2008 05:49 AM

I found the number 8 magnet from the fridge in his diaper during a change. That was a month ago. I have also found money, playing cards, chap sticks (he got into a drawer and took all of them),keys (how uncomfortable), valves to sippy cups, my toothbrush (yuck) and lots of other stuff. I have since got him a tiny fanny pack to carry his stuff in, yet I still keep finding stuff in the diapers. Even when he is wearing pants over them, he still gets it in there.

Yesterday I could not find my bra when I was getting dressed. I found him, chasing the dog, trying to put it in her. I guess its my fault for confusing him by putting dog dresses on her :giggle:

grace_n_josie 08-21-2008 05:49 AM

DD does the same thing, except that she likes it all in the dryer...I have melted so many things

sourpatch_babe 08-21-2008 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misawaashley (Post 4545004)
I found the number 8 magnet from the fridge in his diaper during a change. That was a month ago. I have also found money, playing cards, chap sticks (he got into a drawer and took all of them),keys (how uncomfortable), valves to sippy cups, my toothbrush (yuck) and lots of other stuff. I have since got him a tiny fanny pack to carry his stuff in, yet I still keep finding stuff in the diapers. Even when he is wearing pants over them, he still gets it in there.

Yesterday I could not find my bra when I was getting dressed. I found him, chasing the dog, trying to put it in her. I guess its my fault for confusing him by putting dog dresses on her :giggle:

Is he Tommy from the Rugrats?:giggle2: