Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minimalist Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1474606)

greencrunchymama 12-23-2012 11:06 AM

How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?
 
I can't stand having clutter around my house. It drives me nuts. My diaper stash has gotten out of control. Of the things that fit my DD right now, I have 24 GMD WHs, 3 day wool soakers, 2 night wool soakers, 5 Flip covers, 5 AIOs, 8 Goodmamas, at least 33 pockets, and prefolds. I know I have way too many but I don't know what to get rid of! I'm afraid that I'll sell something and then regret it.

For day-to-day use, I use the WHs and wool. If we go out I use pockets but could use AIOs now instead. I figure if we travel to my parents' house I'd like to use the pockets because they are one-step and it makes it easier if they want to help change her. I also have to have a full stash of the types I like it feels!

I don't like PUL but feel it makes life easier for me sometimes so I keep it.

I should have just stuck with prefolds like I started out with! This is stressing me out :( I want to pare down but don't want to re-buy later.

cobbermama 12-23-2012 11:17 AM

My stash was out of control. I finally bit the bullet, decided to ignore the "what if I wish it was still here later!", and sold off everything we didn't primarily use (so for us, I kept the pockets and ditched the rest).

...best decision ever. I have not once regretted it or wished I still had anything!

greencrunchymama 12-23-2012 11:20 AM

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbermama (Post 16073095)
My stash was out of control. I finally bit the bullet, decided to ignore the "what if I wish it was still here later!", and sold off everything we didn't primarily use (so for us, I kept the pockets and ditched the rest).

...best decision ever. I have not once regretted it or wished I still had anything!

Thank you! I will probably keep some pockets but I think it's ridiculous that I have that many and it's not even what I use every day.

Cloth is becoming more stressful and I need to do something.

2+2macht4 12-23-2012 11:22 AM

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?
 
I have done a few ginormious purges to get to where I am now. The last motivation being I want new living room furniture so its my logic to sell lol :D

I have sold a bunch and have more to list I need a scale though to make my life easier.

I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old I am keeping:
15 One size pockets with 30 alva blends (I double up)
10 medium fuzzi bunz with flip organic inserts
13 extra flip organic inserts for use with covers
8 fitteds (4 onesize, 4 size 2)
6 covers (5OS one thirsties size 2)

For accessories I have:
10 bamboo inserts as needed
3 hemp inserts each in small, medium, large for nights
2 travel wet bags
2 hanging wetbags
and my wipes I have a bunch since we use them all the time and I have a soap foamer for wipe solution
and disposable liners because they dont have sprayers in germany

Holly dolly 12-23-2012 11:25 AM

I'm working on purging other areas and I have a complex about "needing" something I get rid of. So far I've been sorting and the things I want to sell I box up and put in my basement for a month or so...if I don't miss them or need them during that time they go. Good luck!!!

greencrunchymama 12-23-2012 11:28 AM

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1 (Post 16073103)
I have done a few ginormious purges to get to where I am now. The last motivation being I want new living room furniture so its my logic to sell lol :D

I have sold a bunch and have more to list I need a scale though to make my life easier.

I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old I am keeping:
15 One size pockets with 30 alva blends (I double up)
10 medium fuzzi bunz with flip organic inserts
13 extra flip organic inserts for use with covers
8 fitteds (4 onesize, 4 size 2)
6 covers (5OS one thirsties size 2)

For accessories I have:
10 bamboo inserts as needed
3 hemp inserts each in small, medium, large for nights
2 travel wet bags
2 hanging wetbags
and my wipes I have a bunch since we use them all the time and I have a soap foamer for wipe solution
and disposable liners because they dont have sprayers in germany

:loveit: In theory I love a small stash. I need to get to this! You are inspiring!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly dolly (Post 16073107)
I'm working on purging other areas and I have a complex about "needing" something I get rid of. So far I've been sorting and the things I want to sell I box up and put in my basement for a month or so...if I don't miss them or need them during that time they go. Good luck!!!

Thanks! Great idea! I'll have to give that a try.

Talia01 12-23-2012 06:08 PM

I have pared down our stash a ton!! We currently have:
22 FuzziBunz OS & Elites
2 RSD stay dry night fitted
4 amp hemp doublers
wool soaker
4 Blueberry trainers for my toddler to use for outings (he is day pl'd but just incase ;) )
1 hanging wetbag
1 travel wetbag
BG flannel wipes

I have 11 BGE in storage. Haven't decided to sell or keep for pl'ing in a couple years (he's 8mths)

I used to have flats/flips/a million random inserts/profiles/etc.....and donated most of it, sold a little bit. Feels good to be pared down & keeps my life simple!

SenoraE 12-23-2012 07:27 PM

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?
 
The surefire way I managed to cut back: potty training. ;)

TalkinBoutMyGirl 12-23-2012 10:02 PM

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?
 
I will be 5 years between babies..3 years since DD will PL by the time I have another so I really doubt my stash will be small. A little secret...I already have a stash and am not even TTC yet LOL

qsefthuko 12-23-2012 10:09 PM

Re: How do you keep a minimalist diaper stash?
 
With my first cloth baby I had a minimalist stash. 24 premium prefolds and 3 wool covers for full time cloth diapering. What kept me from wanting more? I had no internet access. All I had were 3 catologues to look at. Since they never changed, I had no money for more, and I didn't have coupon codes or discounts I wasn't even tempted to get more.

With ds2 I have gone a bit crazy. For one I found diaperswappers. 2 I am pretty sure this is going to be our last baby so if I don't try now what I want to try I won't be able to do so later.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors