Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   any single remedy for teething AND gas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726643)

karabeth05 04-22-2009 11:33 AM

any single remedy for teething AND gas?

preferably natural if possible :blush: i've seen and heard of chamomile recommended for gas and i noticed that our teething tablets have camomilia (sp?) so i'm wondering if there is anything out there that claims it will help with both. dd is still so little i can't really tell what's bothering her and i hate giving gas drops and teething tablets at the same time (just seems like a lot for her little tummy :() anybody know?

HEATHER78 04-22-2009 11:50 AM

Re: any single remedy for teething AND gas?

GRIPE WATER it is amazing

rosefall 04-22-2009 12:41 PM

What about an amber and hazelwood necklace? Hazelwood isn't specifically for gas, but for neutralizing acidity, which may be the cause of gas.

schmoopee 04-22-2009 01:13 PM

I recommend earplugs and a bottle of wine.

Oh wait, you mean for the baby! Sorry!:giggle:

I feel your pain, those teething and gas days are nooo fun. Poor little mite. I second the gripe water. Check for an alcohol-free brand, some have alcohol in them. Lots of natural ones out there, I can't remember the name of the one we used for DD. It was a lifesaver though! Didn't have to use it often but when we did use it she felt better instantly!

HEATHER78 04-22-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmoopee (Post 7029248)

I feel your pain, those teething and gas days are nooo fun. Poor little mite. I second the gripe water. Check for an alcohol-free brand, some have alcohol in them. Lots of natural ones out there, I can't remember the name of the one we used for DD. It was a lifesaver though! Didn't have to use it often but when we did use it she felt better instantly!

:thumbsup: you are so right I used to send my dh in the middle of the night to the local 24 hour grocery store that carries it! My son would instanly burp & fart like a grown man:yuck: and that would let efveryone feel better. Oh and you definatley want the all natural one's.... I forgot as well what the name was off the one we used but I know it was manufactured here in Arizona where I live and it was great!! Good luck :goodvibes:

karabeth05 04-22-2009 02:32 PM

thanks for the suggestions, i'm going to take a look around and see what i can find (we live in a small town so i might have to do some searching, but hopefully someone somewhere carries it)

does anyone have any specific brands they recommend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosefall (Post 7028792)
What about an amber and hazelwood necklace? Hazelwood isn't specifically for gas, but for neutralizing acidity, which may be the cause of gas.

dd is only 5 months and not sitting independently just yet...the idea of a necklace still makes me a little nervous :nervous:

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmoopee (Post 7029248)

:roflmbo:

crunchymom2.0 04-22-2009 02:35 PM

I did/doing gripe water with my LO and it seems to help her a great deal. I am getting some amber soon and trying that too.