Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WWYD, he's STILL sleeping from his afternoon nap and now it's bedtime! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70963)

Fither 12-07-2006 07:37 PM

WWYD, he's STILL sleeping from his afternoon nap and now it's bedtime!

my son has been sleeping since 3:30, he went down for his afternoon nap later than normal cause he reeeeeeally fought it. now, it's four hours later, it's his normal bedtime, and he's still asleep! i keep expecting him to wake up any minute. i can't decide if i just want to pull him into bed and nurse him (like i would if he woke up in the middle of the night) or go in all cheery eyed and pick him up and let him play with me downstairs for two hours, then try to put him back to bed. ugh, the problem is though that he can't sleep in the same diaper all evening and all night even if he is interested in just nursing back to sleep.

maybe he's not feeling well? his cheeks have looked really rosy for a couple of days and he's been cranky, but no signs of a cold. no fever or anything :headscratch:

Ooey 12-07-2006 07:41 PM

Re: WWYD, he's STILL sleeping from his afternoon nap and now it's bedtime!

I'm actually in the same boat right now. Whilder is on her second evening nap (she woke up to eat then went back to sleep) and I don't want her to wake up and be up all night. In her case though I think it's because she's sick :( she's really sweaty and I feel like it's cold in here. She's also been fussing all day and had a little runny nose. Anyway I'm not going to wake her up, I don't want to risk having to deal with a crankymonsert.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-07-2006 07:43 PM

I would wake the baby and feed and play for a little bit just so they dont wake up too early in the monring form sleeping so much

runningdiva 12-07-2006 07:43 PM

i had this problem tonight.... she fought her afternoon nap- went down at 4- at 5:30 she was still sleeping and i usually give her her bath then and she goes to sleep at 6.
i actually woke her. let her play for about 30 minutes-she was super cranky then bathed her and she went down at 6:30.
according to Weissbluth (the author of healthy sleep habits) the ONLY time you should wake a sleeping baby is in this exact scenario- to preserve either the normal nap or the normal bedtime.
i didnt' want to wake her since it was her only good nap all day but felt torn like you did and she wasn't in her jammies or a good night diaper so it would have been disaster at some point......

SandyG 12-08-2006 08:54 PM

oh oh!! LOL
dunno what you did but im hoping it went ok thru the night LOL