Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Are Bravado Nursing Tanks the best for "large" chested mamas? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778787)

momto2and2 06-29-2009 02:17 PM

Are Bravado Nursing Tanks the best for "large" chested mamas?

I think that that is the impression I have gotten, but please correct me if I am wrong.

It that is the case, then my next question is:

Where is a good place to buy/order Bravado Nursing tanks? Are there any coupon codes out there?

Also, I am pregnant right now (23 weeks) and have outgrown my regular bras and are into my nursing bras from last time (Medela 36 F) - wearing it on the smallest band setting. They are comfortable. I would love to get a tank or two to wear now mainly because I can't find a shelf bra tank that offers any support and I would like to have a couple on hand for when the baby comes. Would it be "okay" to go ahead and order like a 36 F/G and assume it will fit after the baby? This is our 5th baby and I seem to be getting progressively larger with each baby.

I have never successfully breastfed. I have pumped for our last couple of babies due to NICU time and then not being able to switch from bottle to breast. I am hoping for a successful breastfeeding experience this time and would like to be as prepared as possible.

Thanks

TeachinAuntie 06-29-2009 03:28 PM

Re: Are Bravado Nursing Tanks the best for "large" chested mamas?

I'm no help, but wanted to chime in so I can get some advice too!

MLB 06-29-2009 03:34 PM

I'm really large-chested and I HATE HATE HATE Bravado bras. They don't support for anything and I end up having U boobs by the end of the day. The only friends I have who actually like them are on the smaller size. I would stay away from them for sure. My nursing bras are from Fancee Free. For me, they're the most supportive. NOT pretty but gets the job done. lol

dzachryrn 06-29-2009 03:42 PM

I'm a 34 E to 34F depending on the brand. I love my Bravado nursing tank. It is very supportive. But I do tend to have a lot of cleavage in it :)

TeachinAuntie 06-29-2009 08:44 PM

Doesn't really answer the OPs question, but I found this cool chart!

http://www.herroom.com/full-figure-b...ng,905,30.html

It'll tell you what size you need in different brands if you have measured yourself!

etsdtm99 06-29-2009 08:58 PM

I love love LOVE bravado nursing tanks, they are all i wear and have been for the past 14 months .. i'm not huge, but not small (38D/E) no other nursing tanks/shelf bras work for me, they all cause back pain from lack of support.

momto2and2 06-29-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdtm99 (Post 7704184)
I love love LOVE bravado nursing tanks, they are all i wear and have been for the past 14 months .. i'm not huge, but not small (38D/E) no other nursing tanks/shelf bras work for me, they all cause back pain from lack of support.

That is great to hear!

Bella Catalina 06-29-2009 09:51 PM

I know we PM'ed, but thought I'd add, I am not a fan of their bras, either, but love the tanks. I've never found a coupon code, just the specials they offer around holidays.

Calideedle 06-29-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdtm99 (Post 7704184)
I love love LOVE bravado nursing tanks. i'm not huge, but not small (38D/E)

:yeahthat: I am a 36DD/E and I love the nursing tank!

momto2and2 06-30-2009 05:21 AM

Well, I took your advice and ordered a couple last night. I ordered from Breakout Bras and did come up with a 10% off code - every little bit helps!

I am so hoping that I love these!

After looking at some different sites I saw plenty of preggo people modeling them. My stomach isn't very large (I am 23 weeks - I think I was bigger with my other LO's) but my chest is ever growing. A concern of wearing them preggo was that they would stretch out too much - I will have to see how things go, but I think I will be fine for right now.

Thanks for all the advice mamas!