Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do you take the kiddos out in wool? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110464)

abigail 03-09-2007 10:32 PM

Do you take the kiddos out in wool?

If I'm running errands, I use pockets, most likely with hemp inserts b/c they hold more. I have a very limited stash of wool (1 pair longies, 1 pair shorties, another shorties on order, one soaker), but I LOVE it.:mrgreen: In the summers, it's pretty hot here 90-100 on a reg basis, so I'm planning to use a lot of knit wool shorties & soakers for breathability. I'm confident around the house, but on outings? I have only used wool w/PFs, and I'm planning on adding some fitteds to the stash- do those work better?

Plus, I really wanna show off all my, I mean, her cute shorties this summer!:blush:

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 03-09-2007 10:35 PM

Re: Do you take the kiddos out in wool?

yep I bring Gavin out in wool, I love showing it off :D I use peewells, tinkletraps, prefolds... :)

amanda_jo 03-09-2007 10:51 PM

May I bump in and add a question? When changing the diaper underneath, if the wool is damp how do you air out the cover?

rizomomof4 03-09-2007 10:53 PM

i tried to take Lilleigh out in wool well we went to the drs but it is 45 mins away and well her seat was all wet so no more wool for me that far do any of you use wool for longer trips in the car ??

elioraimmanuel 03-09-2007 10:55 PM

Oh, Yeah! :thumbsup:

Mum2my2boys 03-09-2007 10:58 PM

I generally dont use fitteds when Im going out for long because Timmy pees SO much that I literally have to change him every 15 minutes it seems if hes in one. If Im running a quick errand and he has his longies on, I wouldnt go through the hassle of putting a new outfit on him though either.
I guess what Im getting at, is that I prefer to use a pocket or AI2 if were going out..

mama23boys 03-09-2007 10:58 PM

Yup i just use a thicker diaper (mollycoddler, BBL or our lone snuzzi) and a wool doubler, works great :thumbsup:

myajdw 03-09-2007 11:04 PM

yup, he doesn't go out in anything but wool lol.

amy what type of diaper and longies did you use??? that could've been the problem ;)

jrk 03-09-2007 11:06 PM

Usually only if we're going to family's or friend's. Because, I can't imagine it'd air out very well in a diaper bag, and I don't have that much wool.

TwinKristi 03-09-2007 11:26 PM

It depends where we're going. Obviously not to the park w/ sand, but I have taken him to preschool and out for errands. I took him to a friend's house and everyone was saying how cozy he looked in a pair of LJ red rainbow longies. :giggle: