Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Breastfeeding and weight loss. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1447577)

Firstandlast 10-07-2012 07:57 PM

Re: Breastfeeding and weight loss.

I thought I was the only one. Everyone told me I would lose the weight so fast from breastfeeding. Well, I'm almost five months in and I haven't lost anything since those first couple weeks of giving birth. I just find that I am extremely hungry, maybe even more than when I was pregnant. I'm also tired and don't feel like working out at all anymore. I don't know how any new mom finds the time..?

mrscompgeek 10-08-2012 07:42 PM

I dont loose weight while breastfeeding. It stinks but its just how I am. I have worked my butt off for 9 months now and still about 20# more then my goal weight, So frusturating.

huntressxx 10-08-2012 08:09 PM

I gain weight :(

Nature Decor On Etsy. Nature Photography Suited for Any Style!

Sophia&Daria 10-09-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firstandlast
I thought I was the only one. Everyone told me I would lose the weight so fast from breastfeeding. Well, I'm almost five months in and I haven't lost anything since those first couple weeks of giving birth. I just find that I am extremely hungry, maybe even more than when I was pregnant. I'm also tired and don't feel like working out at all anymore. I don't know how any new mom finds the time..?

Same here. So many people told me i would lose the weight... so frustrating when the scale doesn't budge. I started turbo fire. What i love about it is that some workouts are only 15-20-25 mins. Thats more manageable with little ones and you drench in sweat after them. Usually if my infant is full and has clean diaper, I can get him to stay quiet in the bouncer for 15-20 mins. Try it.

Alaga 10-09-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrscompgeek
I dont lose weight while breastfeeding. It stinks but its just how I am.

Same here. My sister is also the same way, so I chalk it up to genetics. I know the weight will come off when DS is BF'ing less frequently (as it did with DD), so am trying to be patient. It's tough though!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

l_Kimmie_l 10-10-2012 07:31 AM

I stalled out at 155 and cannot lose anymore weight without losing too much breastmilk. I had to stop dieting severely. Now I need to figure out how to get out of the stall without losing my supply.

Firstandlast 10-11-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophia&Daria (Post 15791865)
Same here. So many people told me i would lose the weight... so frustrating when the scale doesn't budge. I started turbo fire. What i love about it is that some workouts are only 15-20-25 mins. Thats more manageable with little ones and you drench in sweat after them. Usually if my infant is full and has clean diaper, I can get him to stay quiet in the bouncer for 15-20 mins. Try it.

what is turbo fire?

l_Kimmie_l 10-12-2012 07:33 AM

Well I jumped down to 152.9 today. I hope this is a new losing trend.

jakobsmom13 10-27-2012 09:02 PM

I can also totally relate to you mamas. I gained 45-50 lbs during pregnancy and lost about 25-30 without trying. I am now stuck at 188ish and no matter what I do it doesn't seem to budge. I do agree with prev posts that maybe I am not eating enough GOOD food, I will try more healthy fats. I don't know about anyone else but I find myself craving sugar like crazy while bf.

Cortney 11-12-2012 04:05 PM

I struggle with my weight until about 9 months postpartum. Can't lose it at all- esp without losing my milk. At 9 months it starts coming off as long as I am eating healthy and watching portions. I have had six children- so I know that's how my body works.