Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Nov (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   False Labor Stinks! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1556617)

jandk 11-11-2013 12:07 PM

False Labor Stinks!

Today is my due date!
I was up for 3 hours last night with 1 minute long contractions every 5 minutes. Just about the time I was ready to wake DH up, they started getting further and further apart until they stopped altogether. GRRRRR! I woke up this morning and noticed that I lost my mucous plug, so I guess some good came of it, and I am having quite a few contractions today, but they're not going anywhere.

leyash 11-11-2013 12:11 PM

Re: False Labor Stinks!

that's how my labor started. woke me up at 3:39am with a contraction. slow and steady, not regular, etc. then i lost my plug. then more ctx, all over the place. finally, 4 hours before he was born, they came hard and fast. every 2 mins til push time!

jandk 11-11-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leyash (Post 17050418)
that's how my labor started. woke me up at 3:39am with a contraction. slow and steady, not regular, etc. then i lost my plug. then more ctx, all over the place. finally, 4 hours before he was born, they came hard and fast. every 2 mins til push time!

Well, then, maybe this baby WILL come on his or her due date!!! I am SOOO ready to meet this baby!!!
This is the first experience I've ever had with the false labor. With all my other babies, I had occasional Braxton hicks if I stood up to fast or something. Then when labor actually started, it was really obvious. This time.... not so much.

Tina5834 11-11-2013 01:24 PM

It pisses me off hard core! I thought for sure we were having a baby the other night and then nothing! :banghead:

leyash 11-11-2013 01:26 PM

just think, maybe the more ctx you have now, the less there will be during real labor? o.O

Silver)O(Moon 11-12-2013 03:00 PM

I have been doing that most nights for almost 3 weeks. I even have contractions that wake me up, keep me up for an hour or two, then stop. It stinks. I am due in 4 days. Third babies on up can make for a notoriously long first stage I am told. This is my 6th and he is taking his sweet time to be sure.

leyash 11-12-2013 04:14 PM

how's it going, op?

Pixi6s 11-21-2013 03:33 PM

My first I never had traditional consistent contractions. They alternated from min 1 to the last. I was waiting to the 5-1-1 and when I finally gave in and called them (i had lost the muscus plug though it didn't dawn on me at the time I just saw blood) I was alternating between 5 minute between 1 minute long and 3 minutes between 1m+ long for a while. I think it's good, it kept me home longer maybe but frustrating. They were consistent in there own way though :)